Reaction score
Going to the library. Someone recommened a book, The Peaceful Warrior, I think it was called. Going to see if I can find it.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Here are a few good books I have read recently:

11/22/63 - Stephen King
Unbroken - Laura Hillenbrand

A Song of Fire and Ice - Series by George RR Martin. The series "Game of Thrones" is based off of these books. Lots of sex, violence and backstabbing. No hobbits, but there is a dwarf.

Reaction score

The book was checked out.

I ended up getting An American Sniper. Autobiography of Chris Kyle, Navy SEAL sniper credited with 160 kills.

About 100 pages in and it's almost as bad as Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell.

I don;t have a Kindle, nor do I want one. I actually like turning pages on a book and I'd hate to read a book on a digital device.

Reaction score
Here are a few good books I have read recently:

11/22/63 - Stephen King

I heard that was pretty good. Stephen King books are either hit or miss, so I've stayed away from him in years.

Reaction score
The book was checked out.

I ended up getting An American Sniper. Autobiography of Chris Kyle, Navy SEAL sniper credited with 160 kills.

About 100 pages in and it's almost as bad as Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell.
Bad as in bad, or bad as in good? I had Lone Survivor recommended to me and bought it, but haven't read it yet.

I don;t have a Kindle, nor do I want one. I actually like turning pages on a book and I'd hate to read a book on a digital device.
I thought the same thing... but I got the kindle app on my phone, and it's much more convenient than a book. You don't have to carry a book around on the off chance you get some free time. You get 20 minutes free, just break out the phone. I'm reading books faster than ever.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i have to say I like having an actual book also.

which is weird because I prefer to read the paper online.

Reaction score
Bad as in bad, or bad as in good? I had Lone Survivor recommended to me and bought it, but haven't read it yet.

Bad as in bad. I have a lot of respect for both men. But they're both rednecks from Texas who have terrible writing styles.

I don't like seeing "y'all" in books, FFS.

Lutrells book got more interesting once he actually started talking about Operation Red Wing. The first few chapters talking about him growing up, etc.... WGAS.

Same with An American Sniper.

Both ultimately, are mindless reads, just as watching an action movie doesn't require much thought.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bad as in bad. I have a lot of respect for both men. But they're both rednecks from Texas who have terrible writing styles.

I don't like seeing "y'all" in books, FFS.

Lutrells book got more interesting once he actually started talking about Operation Red Wing. The first few chapters talking about him growing up, etc.... WGAS.

Same with An American Sniper.

Both ultimately, are mindless reads, just as watching an action movie doesn't require much thought.

I thought about getting that book until I learned it was $25. It's really not that good? I thought learning about some of the terrorists tactics and reading the details surrounding his kills would be interesting.

Reaction score
I'm only four chapters in or so, so it might get better.

At this point, he's only talked about growing up, how he met his wife, and the discussed his first deployment to Iraq.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm only four chapters in or so, so it might get better.

At this point, he's only talked about growing up, how he met his wife, and the discussed his first deployment to Iraq.

Wow. Like people bought the book to read that shit.

Top Bottom