Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think that's the first time I remember hearing Ekeler's name this half. There was a lot of debate about how big a role he'd keep once Gordon was back in the groove of things. Guess we have an answer...
And then Ekeler shows me up by scoring...

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Chargers secondary wasn't ready for Jacobs to be running through that big a hole...

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I knew as many times as Rivers was overthrowing receivers this quarter an interception had to be around here somewhere...

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

This Bud's 4U

Drew Pearson cheated!ᵀᴹ
Reaction score
Thielen will be out, so Diggs will get double coverage.....Kyle Rudolph might actually have a ball or three hit his hands.

I wonder if Cousins ever heard of the three-step dropback and the quick slant.

If the 'boys got the memo that Xavier Rhodes can't cover Donte Monrief in a WalMart scooter, or if the game comes down to a last-second FG, they win.

If Cook runs amok and the Vikes' D turns Prescott into a turf inspector, they win.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Thielen will be out, so Diggs will get double coverage.....Kyle Rudolph might actually have a ball or three hit his hands.

I wonder if Cousins ever heard of the three-step dropback and the quick slant.

If the 'boys got the memo that Xavier Rhodes can't cover Donte Monrief in a WalMart scooter, or if the game comes down to a last-second FG, they win.

If Cook runs amok and the Vikes' D turns Prescott into a turf inspector, they win.
We don't need memos or any other such shit. We have Drew Pearson in this week coaching the receiver guys on how to get separation against Minnesota.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Y'all don't need to cheat...Rhodes sucks all by himself.
Pearson's an expert on how to beat the Vikes, having taken care of the job on many occasions. Their fans should be thanking him - he single handedly kept Minnesota from being a 5 time soup bow loser instead of four!

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Nate Wright pushed off so bad in 1975. He shoulda been put in jail for how he abused #88

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
our first chance to beat a team with a winning record
Is that true? Makes perfect sense but didn't realize that was a real thing.

Are you saying winning record at the time we played them? Technically, Eagles have a winning record now. Yikes has Garrett underachieved here.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Pearson's an expert on how to beat the Vikes, having taken care of the job on many occasions. Their fans should be thanking him - he single handedly kept Minnesota from being a 5 time soup bow loser instead of four!

Everyone always talks about the Hail Mary. They show the Hail Mary. They forget that a few plays prior to that the Cowboys converted a 4th and 17 to Drew on the sideline at the 50 yard line in the muck. I don't know how he caught that ball and stayed in bounds. Ridiculous.

Oh, and if you ever see a replay you'll notice a security guard in the area gave Pearson a little kick while he was down.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thielen is out and Cooper is in

Against my better judgement I’m picking the Cowboys

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They didn't when we played them.

So after one week of the season, if team A wins and team B loses, you think saying "they didn't beat anyone with a winning record at the time" matters? What matters in comparisons like that is a larger pool of games. The fact is right now, the Eagles DO have a winning record.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Got a pretty ugly feeling about this game tomorrow night. I definitely wont be shocked if we get drubbed.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Is that true? Makes perfect sense but didn't realize that was a real thing.

Are you saying winning record at the time we played them? Technically, Eagles have a winning record now. Yikes has Garrett underachieved here.

Yes. Obviously, it's more impressive when you beat a team that's 0-1 as opposed to 0-7, but the fact remains we've only defeated teams that were struggling at the time.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Got a pretty ugly feeling about this game tomorrow night. I definitely wont be shocked if we get drubbed.
I will. There is nothing about any part of the Vikings game we shouldn't be able to limit, stop or exceed. If the defense comes in with the right game plan and the offense doesn't deviate from theirs this is a completely winnable game. And even if we lose, a drubbing in this game would be a fireable offense imo.

Top Bottom