touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Gov. Greg Abbott, in a news conference Wednesday, was confident the state could handle the increased demand for energy as the temperatures dropped.

“I think trust will be earned over the next few days as people see that we have ultra-cold temperatures and the grid is going to be able to perform with ease,” he said.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It got colder than a witch's tiddy up here where I'm at it was minus 3 this morning with a wind chill of minus 30 and right now it's 4 degrees with minus 17 wind chill.

Not on the same grid up here as the rest of the state.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
82 for Christmas

Merry Christmas Bitches!
e269990e0847e23056c3869c8d39b362.jpg

touchdown

Reaction score

Power outages have left about 1.4 million homes and businesses in the dark, according to the website PowerOutage, which tracks utility reports. Utilities in Nashville, Memphis and throughout the Tennessee Valley said they were implementing rolling blackouts Friday to conserve power as the region battles an extreme cold front.

And more than 4,600 flights within, into or out of the U.S. were canceled Friday, according to the tracking site FlightAware, causing more mayhem as travelers try to make it home for the holidays.

touchdown

Reaction score
SUNDAY:

9:00 A.M. On Sunday Erie County County Executive Mark Poloncarz said the travel ban will remain in effect due to more snow accumulating Saturday night. Also, that there are 26, 000 power outages in Erie County and 20,000 in Buffalo. He said the earliest power will be restored is Monday.

Poloncarz said there were four deaths overnight in Erie County from the winter storm, totaling seven deaths as of this morning.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And on the other side of the Country

It’s 81 degrees at nearly 4pm on my patio in the shade on Christmas

ed71077f37ae081a869d88a701c9dc6e.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You would think I’d be used to it by now. But it still just feels wrong wearing shorts on Christmas Day.

Top Bottom