dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd laugh my ass off if Romo went to Denver and brought them to the Super Bowl while the Cowboys sat at home.

Would serve Jerry and Jason right.

It wont happen.

What's more likely to happen is he gets to the conference championship game and throws 4 picks and Broncos go home.

The Romo-sexuals will then make excuses and say if only Romo had been with the Broncos 5 years ago it would have never happened.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
For his sake I hope it's Texans or Chiefs. Still think the Broncos are about the fall off the cliff for a few years.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Elway doesn't even want Romo. He has Siemen and Lynch already. Siemen is a pretty good QB. Just needs more experience to tighten up his intermediate accuracy. He's already very good tossing deep balls.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Eh, Siemien looks like a career backup type to me. Lynch has the tools to be better I think but who knows if he'll mature and put it together.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Elway doesn't even want Romo. He has Siemen and Lynch already. Siemen is a pretty good QB. Just needs more experience to tighten up his intermediate accuracy. He's already very good tossing deep balls.
That's what they were saying today on "NFL LIve" on ESPN. They cited "sources" which disputed these "reports" which are just, rumors.

Nobody's doing any trades with Dallas for Romo. There's no reason to do so, Dallas will be making him a cap casualty cut.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Broncos Will Intently Pursue Romo

Updated March 1, 2017
By Charlie Campbell.

Sources say that new Denver Broncos head coach Vance Joseph has looked at the two young quarterbacks on the Broncos roster and has decided the team needs a veteran signal caller for the immediate future. As a result, sources say Denver plans on pursuing Dallas Cowboys Tony Romo intently.

Joseph wants to win now and Romo could buy them more time to develop 2016 first-round pick Paxton Lynch. Team sources say Broncos general manager John Elway is not pushing Lynch on Joseph, and is agreeable to making a run at Romo.

Denver has a lot to offer Romo in terms of a team ready to win now. After all, the Broncos were celebrating a Super Bowl victory just one year ago. They have an elite defense, and talented wide receivers to appeal to Romo for making another January run. Sources say if the Broncos are able to add Romo, they would move on from young veteran Trevor Siemian.

With the Texans also planning on being in pursuit of Romo - Walt has them landing Romo in his Predicted NFL Offseason Quarterback Destinations - it looks like Houston and Denver will be chasing the same quarterback in free agency for the second straight year.

So... Denver is telling the Houston's of the world that if they want Romo they will HAVE to trade for him because if he hits the streets the only team that has a chance at signing him is Denver.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nobody's doing any trades with Dallas for Romo. There's no reason to do so, Dallas will be making him a cap casualty cut.

They don't have to make him a cap casualty cut though. They don't need to dump him this year for cap space.

It's why I'd either get what I wanted via trade, or make him stay and be the backup. If he wants to retire, so be it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They don't have to make him a cap casualty cut though. They don't need to dump him this year for cap space.

It's why I'd either get what I wanted via trade, or make him stay and be the backup. If he wants to retire, so be it.

Exactly. Also if I were the Jones' I wouldn't feel this need to "do right by Tony". They've paid this man over. $100 mil, they don't owe him anything. With that in mind if Jacksonville were to offer up a middle round pick for Romo, then bye. Have fun playing in Florida Antonio.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly. Also if I were the Jones' I wouldn't feel this need to "do right by Tony". They've paid this man over. $100 mil, they don't owe him anything. With that in mind if Jacksonville were to offer up a middle round pick for Romo, then bye. Have fun playing in Florida Antonio.

And if they did, it's further poof of what I have been arguing for (and Dooms). That Romo had as much say as anyone except maybe Aikman during Jones' ownership here. If he had wanted Garrett gone, he'd have been gone. There's absolutely zero doubt in my mind about this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There was a blurb I read that said some other teams (I think Rams and Niners) are now interested in Romo.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'd keep him this year too - you never know what team will lose its starter during preseason, and be desperate to get a starter. Like we saw with MN last year. And if that doesn't happen, you'll at least have him as backup next season.

When I said "cap casualty cut" I meant it in the way Jerry does, when he says stupid inaccurate lying shit like "If there wasn't a salary cap Demarco Murray would still be a Cowboy."

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Now there's speculation that Washington, Dallas and San Fran could be involved in a 3-way trade that would send Cousins to San Fran, Romo to Washington and draft pick compensation including San Fran's #2 overall pick to Dallas.

Apparently Ian Rapoport has sources to the nature.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just listened to a report on the same thing

But they were calling BS on it because there was no way Jerry and company would even consider letting Romo go to a division rival

Especially now that they are reporting that Romo is being reported as being butt hurt about Dak replacing him according to a reporter that is around the team and noticed a change in Romo first hand

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hard to imagine Jerry being stupid enough to trade Romo to a division rival but this is Jerry we are talking about. I could see Romo actually being healthy for the two games against the Cowboys and winning both games, while torching the secondary in the process.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How does the compensatory pick work?

If we trade Romo we get one but if we cut him we don't?

I noticed that we ended up with zero for this season but we should do well next year

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
How does the compensatory pick work?

If we trade Romo we get one but if we cut him we don't?
You don't get any compensatory picks from the league if you trade or cut a player. You only get them if someone outbids you for their services, if they are a FA. See Demarco Murray.

Only way we get any picks from Romo is if someone is desperate or stupid enough to give up any picks for him, in a trade with us.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Now there's speculation that Washington, Dallas and San Fran could be involved in a 3-way trade that would send Cousins to San Fran, Romo to Washington and draft pick compensation including San Fran's #2 overall pick to Dallas.

Apparently Ian Rapoport has sources to the nature.

Sooo... if that happens what would the chances be for the Cowboys to then trade the #2 pick and their own 2nd to move up to #1?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I just listened to a report on the same thing

But they were calling BS on it because there was no way Jerry and company would even consider letting Romo go to a division rival

Especially now that they are reporting that Romo is being reported as being butt hurt about Dak replacing him according to a reporter that is around the team and noticed a change in Romo first hand

I heard that too about Romo being butt hurt. I heard he's more butt hurt at Garrett though.

Top Bottom