Reaction score
'Growing sentiment' Romo could go to Texans

Mar 3

As the NFL quarterback carousel prepares to begin spinning in free agency and those teams expected to be involved (and even those that aren’t) attempt to predict the next destination of Tony Romo, several people within the sport said they regard the Houston Texans as a strong contender, Mark Maske of the Washington Post reports.

There will be plenty of quarterback-related intrigue in the coming days and perhaps weeks with Romo, Jay Cutler and Colin Kaepernick among the veterans expected to be available. There is particularly intense interest about what will happen with Romo, the four-time Pro Bowl selection likely to leave the Dallas Cowboys after rookie sensation Dak Prescott took over as the team’s successful starter this past season while Romo was hurt.

The Texans and Denver Broncos have been prominent in the Romo speculation. Several agents and coaches and executives with other NFL teams said in recent days at the NFL scouting combine that they regard the Texans as the most likely destination for Romo.

“That one makes the most sense to me,” a high-ranking official with one franchise said. “I don’t think anyone in the league would be surprised to see that one happen.”

It is not clear yet if Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will release Romo, putting the quarterback completely in charge of picking his next team, or try to get something in return for Romo via a trade. Even in a trade scenario, Romo potentially could exert some control over where he is headed.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Thus is all so much bullshit. Not buying a word of it.

Jones will release him and we get jack shit. That is what we do.

Reaction score
Rappaport was suggesting there's some huge three team trade that would send Romo to the skins, cousins to the 9ers, and draft picks to Dallas.

Most Dallas beat writers are calling it bs.

It sounds like bs

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't believe Jerry would be a part of trading him to the Skins. Going there in FA if he's cut, yes, but not in a trade.

Maybe they think he's so washed up he wouldn't hurt us, though. I could definitely see Steve thinking that.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I heard that too about Romo being butt hurt. I heard he's more butt hurt at Garrett though.

That's what they were saying. That the bromance is over between Romo and Garrett. For the last three years they have gone to the same game together (I forget the teams and don't care enough to look it up)

This year they didn't go. When asked about Romo Garrett said he hasn't talked to him since the end of the season. Which is out of the norm.

What flipped the switch for Romo was apparently when we was told that the starting job was Daks and that he wouldn't even get a chance to compete for the starting job

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Jones will release him and we get jack shit. That is what we do.

Yep.
Romo will be somewhere else doing what he does, whatever that implies, and the good ship Dallas Cowboys™ will sail blithely on with Capt Jerry rearranging deck chairs. Whatever's best for Tony, he deserves it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't believe Jerry would be a part of trading him to the Skins. Going there in FA if he's cut, yes, but not in a trade.

Maybe they think he's so washed up he wouldn't hurt us, though. I could definitely see Steve thinking that.

First let me say that there is no way this trade happens.

Just for shits and giggles though let's say there was a legit chance this could happen. The proposed deal would have the #2 pick coming to Dallas. Are you saying that you wouldn't send Romo to the Skins for the #2 overall pick this year?

Reaction score
I don't think I've read where it's been speculated what the picks where. No way in hell would San Fran trade the #2 for Cousins, which is essentially what that trade would be for them.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A second or third round pick from San Francisco along with a pick from Washington is good enough for me. Better than receiving nothing right now is the idea. I would hate to cut him for nothing. I think the others in the room will really push for Jerry to understand business is business and that we can't just simply release Romo for nothing

Reaction score
I seriously doubt there's anything to this story.

Has there ever been a three way trade in the NFL?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
First let me say that there is no way this trade happens.

Just for shits and giggles though let's say there was a legit chance this could happen. The proposed deal would have the #2 pick coming to Dallas. Are you saying that you wouldn't send Romo to the Skins for the #2 overall pick this year?
Of course I would do that. Not sure why you're asking if I'm saying that.

What's the speculation that we'd get the #2 overall, though? Only speculation I'd heard about that was the Skins getting that for Cousins bc he and Shanahan got along so well. Surely no one would give that for an older, beat-up Romo.

In fact I'm not even sure where we come into the deal. I guess us trading him to the Skins, but that's not really a three way trade. It's more like two separate deals.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry Jones: 'Nothing factual in any way' in regard to trade rumors involving Tony Romo

1488658406-NS_17TempleHP65SP.jpg

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones spoke at the NFL Combine on Saturday about a handful of topics. Here are some highlights:

On recent trade rumors regarding quarterback Tony Romo:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Of course I would do that. Not sure why you're asking if I'm saying that.

What's the speculation that we'd get the #2 overall, though? Only speculation I'd heard about that was the Skins getting that for Cousins bc he and Shanahan got along so well. Surely no one would give that for an older, beat-up Romo.

In fact I'm not even sure where we come into the deal. I guess us trading him to the Skins, but that's not really a three way trade. It's more like two separate deals.

Check Bleacher Report. There's an article that says the main components in the trade would be Cousins going to the Niners, Romo, going to the Skins and draft picks coming to Dallas including the #2 overall pick (from San Fran).

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry Jones: 'Nothing factual in any way' in regard to trade rumors involving Tony Romo

1488658406-NS_17TempleHP65SP.jpg

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones spoke at the NFL Combine on Saturday about a handful of topics. Here are some highlights:

On recent trade rumors regarding quarterback Tony Romo:

I guess we will all find out this week who's lying.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Despite rumors involving San Francisco, Washington, and others, Jones says there's 'nothing factual' about those alleged trade talks.

atta boy jeri, wouldn't want other teams to think there was any interest in Romo

cant believe people think this dipshit is some kind of genius deal maker

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Check Bleacher Report. There's an article that says the main components in the trade would be Cousins going to the Niners, Romo, going to the Skins and draft picks coming to Dallas including the #2 overall pick (from San Fran).
Oh... Bleacher report.

Top Bottom