dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Check Bleacher Report. There's an article that says the main components in the trade would be Cousins going to the Niners, Romo, going to the Skins and draft picks coming to Dallas including the #2 overall pick (from San Fran).

First off, I thinjk the rumor is total b/s

Second, unless we are throwing in some other stuff, there's no way we get the 2nd overall pick of the draft as part of a Romo deal.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What I'd like to hear in next few days:

1) Trade Romo to Texans for Jadaveon Clowney: Just makes too much sense to me. JJ Watt is coming back for them and they have some free agent issues at other spots on defense. Before last season they basically wanted to give him away. He stayed healthy for first time and had a big year. Truly a trade which benefits both teams.

2) Trade Romo to Rams for Robert Quinn: Quinn has been banged up and has back to back disappointing seasons. Wont be 27 though until May. Rams are changing defenses (to 3-4) so Quinn might not be an ideal fit anymore. Goff proved he wasn't ready last yr and Rams need to start winning as local fans already seem to be getting disinterested.

3) Trade Romo to Denver for CB Bradley Roby: I think CMD might have been the one who suggested this a while back, but it also makes sense. Rony wont be 25 until May and behind is Talib/Harris on Denver's depth chart. Has a lot of ability and would likely be a sure starter here.

4) Trade Romo to Jets, Bills or Bears for draft pick/s: Get something for him. I don't like the idea of "conditional picks" unless we are getting something in the 2017 draft as well. Maybe 4th this year and the conditional pick next year.

I wouldn't release him under any circumstance, and if they do its just further proof on my argument that Romo gets whatever he wants in Jones' eye. If we cant trade him, I'd keep him as the backup or he can just retire.

Reaction score

1) Trade Romo to Texans for Jadaveon Clowney: Just makes too much sense to me. JJ Watt is coming back for them and they have some free agent issues at other spots on defense. Before last season they basically wanted to give him away. He stayed healthy for first time and had a big year. Truly a trade which benefits both teams.

2) Trade Romo to Rams for Robert Quinn: Quinn has been banged up and has back to back disappointing seasons. Wont be 27 though until May. Rams are changing defenses (to 3-4) so Quinn might not be an ideal fit anymore. Goff proved he wasn't ready last yr and Rams need to start winning as local fans already seem to be getting disinterested.

3) Trade Romo to Denver for CB Bradley Roby: I think CMD might have been the one who suggested this a while back, but it also makes sense. Rony wont be 25 until May and behind is Talib/Harris on Denver's depth chart. Has a lot of ability and would likely be a sure starter here.

4) Trade Romo to Jets, Bills or Bears for draft pick/s: Get something for him. I don't like the idea of "conditional picks" unless we are getting something in the 2017 draft as well. Maybe 4th this year and the conditional pick next year.

5) Trade Romo to the Browns for Darius and Hue Jackson.

I wouldn't release him under any circumstance, and if they do its just further proof on my argument that Romo gets whatever he wants in Jones' eye. If we cant trade him, I'd keep him as the backup or he can just retire.

Added one you forgot.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I agree that if no team offers anything up for Romo I would just hold on to him. Wait until August when teams start having injuries or teams realize that their QB sucks. I'm ok with getting picks back in 2018 as long as it's a premium pick.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I agree that if no team offers anything up for Romo I would just hold on to him. Wait until August when teams start having injuries or teams realize that their QB sucks. I'm ok with getting picks back in 2018 as long as it's a premium pick.

I agree. I would hang on to him

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ESPN is saying the cowboys will release Romo tomorrow

contrary to popular perceptions, jeri fucking sucks at deal making

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
We weren't getting shit in exchange for him and his close, personal relationship with the Joneses just tipped the scale in that direction; so Romo can have more time to operate his free agency choices.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ESPN is saying the cowboys will release Romo tomorrow

contrary to popular perceptions, jeri fucking sucks at deal making

Seen Jerry get bent over multiple times making deals while everyone around him claps like trained seals while he does it. You have an incredibly deep first 100 picks in the draft and all you get is cap space? In a league where they are desperate for QB play, even old broken down ones? Another new low. Who the fuck cares about doing right by Romo. Apparently fans who have suffered this FO for 20 plus years dont matter.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

:nerd

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Seen Jerry get bent over multiple times making deals while everyone around him claps like trained seals while he does it. You have an incredibly deep first 100 picks in the draft and all you get is cap space? In a league where they are desperate for QB play, even old broken down ones? Another new low. Who the fuck cares about doing right by Romo. Apparently fans who have suffered this FO for 20 plus years dont matter.

Exactly! Kills me that they want to "do right by Tony". I guess the $100+ mil they've paid him wasn't enough to "do right".

If they are going to designate him a June 1st cut why not just actually hold on to him until after June 1st (like until August). You can't spend the extra cap space until after June 1st anyways. Plus by August at least 1 team will have an injury to their QB and would be willing to give up a pick for Romo (just like the Eagles with Bradford last year).

Reaction score
43700206.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Lmao @TO

Romo's not my quarterback because he actually lost the election to Dak !!

Reaction score
I'm not as fickle as that. I am a full Romosexual and I hate that he's going to be gone. Dak is good, but I can still like Tony.

Reaction score
Romo getting cut tomorrow, huh?

Huge news. Thanks for the memories. Fuck off for keeping Garrett around. Hope you win a ring though as a big FU to Jerry and Jason.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can't believe that we are letting him go and not even getting a 7th round pick or at least a bag of chips for him!

Fuck Jerry and his HOL induction. He's an idiot as a GM

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We weren't getting shit in exchange for him and his close, personal relationship with the Joneses just tipped the scale in that direction; so Romo can have more time to operate his free agency choices.

Unless he cant pass a physical, its ridiculous to think we weren't getting anything for him.

Jones fucked the team to "do right" by Tony Romo.

Just proves what I have said for years. Romo has had the power to get anything he wanted done with the franchise. His wish was Jones' command, just like this release thing. It's what he wanted, so Jones bent over and took it up the ass for him.

I don't want to see any argument from folks trying to say Romo couldn't have gotten Garrett fired here. If Romo wanted Garrett gone, he'd have been gone. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

Top Bottom