dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
F U C K every sports league and entertainment personality that feels compelled to slam their ridiculous bullshit political thoughts down our throat.

Memo to you fucktards- I DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS WHAT YOU THINK. You absolutely have ZERO impact on my thought process with this garbage and it should be that way for everyone regardless of what side of the political aisle one sits on.

I don't don't watch any NBA or MLB now. I never really watched soccer or NHL anyway, but definitely won't be going forward. I honestly want to ban the NFL from my viewing but am too much of a homer/diehard for the Cowboys. That said, I wont watch one minute of any game where the Cowboys arn't involved. I also find it revolting to watch most movies or shows on TV now, as many of those idiots engage in the same ridiculous shit that the sports leagues are doing.

If I want politics I will turn on the appropriate networks or cable channels.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I love football and will continue to watch and enjoy it at every level. No I don't like a lot of the rule changes or the pussifying of the game, I don't like penalty flags every other play, hell there's a lot of things about it today that I don't like. Same for NASCAR - its identity is all but gone since it got big and went all shiny and antiseptic where once it was dirty gritty and real.

The social justice stuff is beside the point of sports really, and if it truly isn't going to change your views or opinions then it shouldn't change your viewing habits either. It exists to have SOME effect even if yes it means demolishing attendance and ratings. If you stop watching/buying swag/attending games you're giving them a big part of what they actually want.

Saying you're "done with the NFL" due to this stuff is the same as people promising to move to Canada if so-and-so wins an election.

Enjoy your favorite sports, don't let a bunch of irrelevant crap take it away from you.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
freedom means much to me - under no circumstances will I object to anyone taking a knee in prayer any where, any time

hard for me to support people opposed to prayer
they're too dumb to realize they committee blasphemy, or too evil to care

if you want to follow silly hypocrites GO - the Boys are better off with out you and the "dozens" in your coven
If only they were kneeling in prayer I would be completely onboard. Kneeling in protest to the flag and the anthem(what they are actually doing) are a whole other matter.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don’t forget that week 1 all games will also be playing the BLM anthem/theme song or whateverthefuckyouwannacallit

So we have that shit to look forward too as all as the kneeling during the NA

Lane

Spectator
Reaction score
F U C K every sports league and entertainment personality that feels compelled to slam their ridiculous bullshit political thoughts down our throat.

Memo to you fucktards- I DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS WHAT YOU THINK. You absolutely have ZERO impact on my thought process with this garbage and it should be that way for everyone regardless of what side of the political aisle one sits on.

I don't don't watch any NBA or MLB now. I never really watched soccer or NHL anyway, but definitely won't be going forward. I honestly want to ban the NFL from my viewing but am too much of a homer/diehard for the Cowboys. That said, I wont watch one minute of any game where the Cowboys arn't involved. I also find it revolting to watch most movies or shows on TV now, as many of those idiots engage in the same ridiculous shit that the sports leagues are doing.

If I want politics I will turn on the appropriate networks or cable channels.
Summed up perfectly !! What's really bad is learning that some of your favorite actors and musicians you loved growing up are exposing their true colors of just how fucked up they are.

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The reply of the truly uninformed. People have cheapened the meaning of the word. When someone disagrees with any loon on the left, their only reply is RACIST. Go pound sand.........

When you disregard the reason for a protest and try and spin it into something else (in order to take the light away from the real reason) you expose yourself. I’m just calling it like I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When you disregard the reason for a protest and try and spin it into something else (in order to take the light away from the real reason) you expose yourself. I’m just calling it like I see it.

The problem was your broad brushing. Just because people don't support kneeling for the national anthem does NOT necessarily mean they support police brutality and systemic racism. It's not a zero sum equation. They can support one and not the other, or both/neither. It by itself doesn't say anything about whether they are for police brutality and racism. I thought you were joking originally, that's why I Luz'd your post.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If only they were kneeling in prayer I would be completely onboard.

umm, guessing about other people's prayers is the best you can do to justify whatever "principals" you claim, really?

"Wake Up"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
umm, guessing about other people's prayers is the best you can do to justify whatever "principals" you claim, really?

"Wake Up"
He didn't say anything about guessing, he was answering the scenario YOU posted. If YOU are guessing they're praying, that's another matter.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But... The whole prayer thing brings up a salient point - if you're okay with kneeling in prayer during the anthem because religous practice is constitutionally guaranteed, then you should have no problem if the kneeling is in protest of injustice! Both are equally protected.

Makes me wonder what the reaction would have been if Kaepernick said he was kneeling in prayer, praying for social justice.

Reactions: MrB

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The problem was your broad brushing. Just because people don't support kneeling for the national anthem does NOT necessarily mean they support police brutality and systemic racism. It's not a zero sum equation. They can support one and not the other, or both/neither. It by itself doesn't say anything about whether they are for police brutality and racism. I thought you were joking originally, that's why I Luz'd your post.

Pot calling the kettle black. If a person kneels during the anthem in protest of police brutality then “they hate America”. When that’s not even close to being the case.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Pot calling the kettle black. If a person kneels during the anthem in protest of police brutality then “they hate America”. When that’s not even close to being the case.
May or may not be. Both are examples of broad brushing. Two wrongs don't make a right.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
But... The whole prayer thing brings up a salient point - if you're okay with kneeling in prayer during the anthem because religous practice is constitutionally guaranteed, then you should have no problem if the kneeling is in protest of injustice! Both are equally protected.

Makes me wonder what the reaction would have been if Kaepernick said he was kneeling in prayer, praying for social justice.

You’re right both are protected and neither should be told they’re wrong for doing it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
May or may not be. Both are examples of broad brushing. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I know many people that kneel that are vets. I know many vets that stand but have no issue with people kneeling in protest. None of them hate America.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You’re right both are protected and neither should be told they’re wrong for doing it.
We get to tell them we think they're wrong, it's freedom of speech. Doesn't mean we're correct when we say it. The government can't tell them they're wrong. The constitution limits government action, not private. All except for one amendment.
I know many vets that stand but have no issue with people kneeling in protest. None of them hate America.
That doesn't mean some of the other kneelers don't hate the US. Vets or not. Any more than people who hate the kneeling are for police brutality and racism.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We get to tell them we think they're wrong, it's freedom of speech. Doesn't mean we're correct when we say it. The government can't tell them they're wrong. The constitution limits government action, not private. All except for one amendment.

That doesn't mean some of the other kneelers don't hate the US. Vets or not. Any more than people who hate the kneeling are for police brutality and racism.

Point taken.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Point taken.
I actually had this happen to me, in the 7th grade. At the time my mom was married to a Jehovah's Witness, and we kids were ordered to sit and ignore the national anthem and the pledge of allegiance in accordance with the church's practices. One day in the stands during a pep rally in the gym I was doing as I was told by my parents, ignoring the pledge and one of the coaches came over and ordered me to stand and place my hand over my heart. I said no, he loudly repeated the order and I still refused, and he slapped me hard in the face, grabbed my arm and took me to the office forcibly where four hard swats were administered after I was bawled out about "disrespecting the country and the flag." This was the government (county-funded school district represented by that coach) directly interfering with not only my free speech, but also my freedom of religion.

At the time, (early 70s) of course, nobody cared. Imagine if that happened today. So now you might understand I do have first-hand experience with this, and therefore totally understand both sides of it. We have the constitution to guide us in these matters. That's the entire purpose of it. So, I don't berate someone who kneels during the anthem. I don't agree on its effectiveness - obviously it's divisive and counter-productive for the cause - but I don't hold it against them either.

Fortunately my mom finally woke up a couple of years later and divorced that creep and we left that cult behind. But, it was educational.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He didn't say anything about guessing, he was answering the scenario YOU posted. If YOU are guessing they're praying, that's another matter.

I'll clear it up for you, a knee in prayer or protest, is fine by me any where any time

"Lean not to the right, nor the left. Remove thy foot from evil."

obviously it's divisive and counter-productive for the cause

please elaborate

Last edited:
Top Bottom