Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
051bc086003f23585d07e220dd53a052.jpg

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Here is a quote from the Alito document leaked to the media:

"Defenders of Roe and Casey do not claim that any new scientific learning calls for a different answer to the under- lying moral question, but they do contend that changes in society require the recognition of a constitutional right to obtain an abortion."

This explains the entire problem with liberals on the Supreme Court. If society changes it is not up to the courts to remedy the discrepancies between current morality and the law. It is still up to congress. This is why we elect representatives from among us to go to Washington and make our laws. Even the constitution offers a means of changing itself if society changes but always with the approval of the people. Yes, it is a difficult process as it should be. If we made it easy to change the constitution our liberty would be threatened. Liberals want to circumvent the hard work of convincing the people to change the backbone of our justice system. They want to fill the court with judges who will do the work for them, judges who are not elected.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The one good thing about high gas prices is the cost benefit of alternative fuels starts to make those alternatives viable for investment & production and if those alternative fuels get enough demand, we'd see prices drop like every other technology does when they become ubiquitous. I'd love it if we were no longer dependent upon fossil fuels, especially those supplied by our adversaries

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The one good thing about high gas prices is the cost benefit of alternative fuels starts to make those alternatives viable for investment & production and if those alternative fuels get enough demand, we'd see prices drop like every other technology does when they become ubiquitous. I'd love it if we were no longer dependent upon fossil fuels, especially those supplied by our adversaries
That's the whole strategy as laid out in Al Gore's book, "Earth in the Balance." Find every way to artificially inflate the price of oil and gasoline in order to make alternatives APPEAR to be economically viable. The problem is they never can and won't be. Truly, it's a book everyone should read. It's not about the environment at all.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's the whole strategy as laid out in Al Gore's book, "Earth in the Balance." Find every way to artificially inflate the price of oil and gasoline in order to make alternatives APPEAR to be economically viable. The problem is they never can and won't be. Truly, it's a book everyone should read. It's not about the environment at all.

Regardless of whether its in the book, how can you be certain alternative fuels could never be economically viable?

My motivation is energy independence where the US never has to rely on another country for energy plus fossil fuels will run out some day. There are plenty of good, logical reasons to get off fossil fuels or significantly improve how far we can stretch them.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Funny that I was thinking about this yesterday. I do agree that I'm all for the type of energy that is cleaner and less expensive. The problem is that this demand is created artificially, rather than allowed to evolve with the free market. For example, people bought Teslas for an alternative to fuel costs and the technology. But we're not there yet where alternative energies are reliable. We still need fuel and our economy depends on it.

And I'll also add that do you or anyone else think that China won't be an integral part of any "green" new energy? We have pretty much outsourced almost every facet of our society. And politicians will profit off these needs by continuing to make money overseas and lining their pockets.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Getting worried about you Yim.

Dems pushing electric cars on everyone (except of course themselves). But uh oh, oh gee. Electricity rates are going through the roof everywhere, making already overpriced electric vehicles even more unattractive.

A legitimate world-wide, truly viable replacement for oil & gas is decades away (maybe longer) Doesn't mean we shouldnt be looking into it, but today the best way to make this work is for libtards to stop with their loony environmental agenda and let us produce plenty of oil, gasoline, coal and natural gas.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Regardless of whether its in the book, how can you be certain alternative fuels could never be economically viable?

My motivation is energy independence where the US never has to rely on another country for energy plus fossil fuels will run out some day. There are plenty of good, logical reasons to get off fossil fuels or significantly improve how far we can stretch them.
NEVER viable? We don't know. But I DO know they arnt viable today.

We have plenty of our own natural resources and the cost of almost all our energy supply was extremely economical under Trump (and getting better). Enter this fucktard Biden and the people pulling the puppet strings, and now not even two years later virtually all sources of energy are getting to catastrophically high territory.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
. I'd love it if we were no longer dependent upon fossil fuels, especially those supplied by our adversaries
We could produce all the oil and gasoline we need here, but the libtard loons won't let us.

Then they cite the end of the world nutjob doomsday scenarios of "man made climate change" but the only place on earth where the air is truly bad, is the one country the world doesn't do jack shit about or punish for polluting the air or ground.

There are three massive scams against humanity, and all are perpetuated by the left:

1) Covid end of the world scam
2) Fake 2020 election scam
3) MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE SCAM

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
how can you be certain alternative fuels could never be economically viable?
Because there's no magic pill. No "Mr. Fusion" magic power maker. The laws of physics, thermodynamics and ohm's law refuse to be adjusted.

BUT, the economy itself can be adjusted to make alternatives APPEAR to be viable. This is what even a nut like Gore knew and had to admit.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Everything in the US has been politicized, why should we believe juries are not corrupted the same way? We know that liberals have lied to get on juries in prominent cases and some ever bragged on social media about doing it. People have thrown out personal integrity to protect their political agenda. Go back to the Bob Menendez trial which took place in highly liberal Trenton NJ. Federal prosecutors presented mountains of evidence that Menendez took gifts, trips and money from his friend, yet a Trenton jury refused to convict him. The judge declared a mistrial when the jury hung at 10-2 to acquit. Menendez then ran for re-election and won!

A juror in the Derek Chauvin trial bragged on social media about helping to convict Chauvin revealing his connections to BLM and other left wing groups. The judge should have ordered a new trial and the juror should have been charged with perjury, but the court simply dismissed it all as inconsequential. Fair trials is a foundational concept for the US legal system. If jurors cannot be, or will not be, fair and impartial we no longer have justice.

Maybe the most important matter of the Sussman trial for Durham is not to get a conviction but to reveal the truth about the Russian collusion hoax, and the breadth and depth of the conspiracy. Maybe the jury is actually the American people.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Hydrogen fuel cells are already in production and while the cost of hydrogen here in the US is currently too high, in Germany where they have made a bigger commitment to this technology the price of hydrogen is about 1/3 of the cost here in the US where only California have made a commitment.

This tech is just getting off the ground. Some hurdles have to be overcome just like the problems with electric vehicles had to be over come.

FCEV, or fuel cell electric vehicles have a couple of advantages over plug in EVs. For one thing, filling the hydrogen tanks takes about the same amount of time as filling up a IC vehicle gas tank. Also, FCEVs go farther on a tank of hydrogen than a current EV goes on a single charge.

The disadvantages are there are only 40 hydrogen filling stations in the US, and hydrogen costs about $14/lb. An FCEV gets about 28 miles per lb. of hydrogen. In Germany, H2 costs about $4.80 per lb.

The problem I see with H2 though is "The Hindenburg". H2 is highly flammable in an oxygen rich environment. Small fender benders can result in major explosions if the hydrogen tank is ruptured. Likewise, tank trucks delivering H2 to filling stations will become more numerous on our highways and could also result in some major accidents. Even if these incidents are rare there is the psychological effect. I am still interested in seeing this technology move forward but my eyes are wide open.

Top Bottom