yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Getting worried about you Yim.

Dems pushing electric cars on everyone (except of course themselves). But uh oh, oh gee. Electricity rates are going through the roof everywhere, making already overpriced electric vehicles even more unattractive.

A legitimate world-wide, truly viable replacement for oil & gas is decades away (maybe longer) Doesn't mean we shouldnt be looking into it, but today the best way to make this work is for libtards to stop with their loony environmental agenda and let us produce plenty of oil, gasoline, coal and natural gas.

dont worry about me but feel free to attack my position any time, I'm only married to logic, sound reasoning and evidence and will ride that tide wherever it takes me. Bring politics and rhetoric to the discussion and I'll check out

It is my own opinion and has nothing to do with "libtards", higher prices stoke ingenuity, maybe there wont be an alternative discovered but the higher prices will change the mindset of speculation to be sure

energy independence is a no brainer imo and why this is even up for debate is beyond my understanding

Personally, I think we should take a harder look at nuclear power but it seems the country is forever shell-shocked from 3 mile island, Chernobyl, et al

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
NEVER viable? We don't know. But I DO know they arnt viable today.

We have plenty of our own natural resources and the cost of almost all our energy supply was extremely economical under Trump (and getting better). Enter this fucktard Biden and the people pulling the puppet strings, and now not even two years later virtually all sources of energy are getting to catastrophically high territory.
you are so obsessed with politics that seemingly everything you view is filtered from that prism, these are my own opinions, I stand by them and dont give one flying fuck if they happen to align with any party so drop the libtard and Biden nonsense when it comes to me. I want what works and makes sense (which is why I want the free market to be motivated to address problems because it doesnt play games and must sink or swim with their success or failure)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
energy independence is a no brainer imo and why this is even up for debate is beyond my understanding
It's the manipulation of the economy, that prevents it. Because fossil fuels are the debbil. But only in the US.

Nukes? By far the cleanest most efficient way to generate electricity. You don't see new ones here? Massive punitive over regulation and towering taxation. Two go-to tools of the economic manipulation toolbox.

Why do oil producers in the US keep 80 percent of their producing wells capped? Same as above on nukes, making importing oil much cheaper than using our own.

It's cute though, to see the term "free market" used when it comes to energy.

If the political will is there, we could pretty much eliminate fossil fuels for electricity generation. But without nuclear as a big part of that equation, we would only be pretending it's economically viable or sound.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Because there's no magic pill. No "Mr. Fusion" magic power maker. The laws of physics, thermodynamics and ohm's law refuse to be adjusted.

BUT, the economy itself can be adjusted to make alternatives APPEAR to be viable. This is what even a nut like Gore knew and had to admit.

I'm not looking for a magic pill but I still think its worth looking for alternatives, Nukes might be the best
It's cute though, to see the term "free market" used when it comes to energy.

its also correct path in a world not completely "nuked" by our fucked up political system with manipulative regulation but I don't see any way to stop the madness until they crater the entire country. I feel helpless to change any of It and believe nothing will never change until after everything has collapsed and by then it will probably be too late

We need an energy Hail Mary discovery that may not even exist to overcome political buffoonery, etc

until then, I'll eat, drink & be merry, because tomorrow we die...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
you are so obsessed with politics that seemingly everything you view is filtered from that prism, these are my own opinions, I stand by them and dont give one flying fuck if they happen to align with any party so drop the libtard and Biden nonsense when it comes to me. I want what works and makes sense (which is why I want the free market to be motivated to address problems because it doesnt play games and must sink or swim with their success or failure)
Yim, I don't think you personally are a Libtard.

That said, there is no excuse for the price of gasoline to be where it is today. It's only THAT high because of someone's political agenda. The prices are not high because it costs too much to get fossil fuel, or because there is no supply of fossil fuel anywhere. It's high because the government massively cut production and access to supplies that are readily available.

What works and makes sense today is gasoline. The ridiculous prices are having a massive impact on the economy as a whole and millions of people are suffering because of it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
dont worry about me but feel free to attack my position any time, I'm only married to logic, sound reasoning and evidence and will ride that tide wherever it takes me. Bring politics and rhetoric to the discussion and I'll check out

It is my own opinion and has nothing to do with "libtards", higher prices stoke ingenuity, maybe there wont be an alternative discovered but the higher prices will change the mindset of speculation to be sure

Personally, I think we should take a harder look at nuclear power but it seems the country is forever shell-shocked from 3 mile island, Chernobyl, et al
Yim, my views on this have absolutely zero to do with politics.

It's common sense. Right now there is no VIABLE option. I never said it wasn't worth exploring, but I don't think that kind of option is going to be available anytime in the foreseeable future. Until that time, we need to make the resources we do have available as affordable as possible. Instead of doing that, this country's leadership has gone down the road of economic suicide in support of an agenda that is nothing more than a fairy tale.

I also HATE hypocrisy with a passion, and the people that preach to us about "global warming", "man made climate change", "unclean air" and "rampant pollution" do NOTHING themselves to practice what they preach. And they do NOTHING to the world's biggest offenders (China) and instead punish everyone else with their retarded views. Don't tell me to ride a fucking bicycle or walk when you get chauffeured around in a gas guzzling limousine every day. Don't tell me I should give up vacation destinations because jets pollute the air when you fly around the world first class or in private jets. Don't tell me how bad cows are when you chow down on 20 ounce ribeyes for dinner every night.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The one good thing about high gas prices is the cost benefit of alternative fuels starts to make those alternatives viable for investment & production and if those alternative fuels get enough demand, we'd see prices drop like every other technology does when they become ubiquitous. I'd love it if we were no longer dependent upon fossil fuels, especially those supplied by our adversaries

Geebus Christos, I'm going to quote myself because folks are doing what everyone does these days by ignoring the point a person is making, invent a different point that person is not making and then proceed to argue against the thing that was never said or just go off on a tangent of ones favorite personal rant (like me ranting against jeri & spawn).

Since its apparently not obvious, I am not secretly channeling Al Gore, I'm not secretly praising Biden for high gas prices, I'm not saying there is a holy grail of energy that will be discovered because of higher prices, I'm merely making an inane observation that in my opinion is factually correct. The higher the price of gas, the more math starts to motivate investment in alternative fuels and thats a good thing because like Jordan or whomever said, you miss 100% of the shots you dont take and I want lots of sharp people motivated to take shots at as many alternatives as possible, especially those that keep the US from relying on sources outside of our country. The solution doesnt have to be a singular and is probably better if multiple options are viable.

As far as my views go, I despise big government, cant stand seemingly anything that comes out of the mouth of a democrat, hate the irrational arguments made to support their views**, don't believe in "free" everything (medical, education, housing, etc, etc) because nothing is ever free, hate woke bullshit, using racism to divide, printing & borrowing money hand over fist, etc, etc. I don't have time to write a friggin War and Peace novel defending my views so this is all you get because I'm too busy working, making cool shit to be dragged down by all this nonsense so this is all I'm going say regarding my original post

** I ran into a girl the other day and in the course of the conversation she went off on how the country was in deep trouble because Roe vs Wade was about to be turned over soI chuckled and said with all due respect, thats the least of our concerns well behind massive debt, money printing, China, etc, etc and she lost her mind and starting calling me a right winger., I need to have her talk to dbair so they can both trash me....lolol

I catch it from all extremes, its hilarious, folks gotta learn how to have conversations and not run away from nuance with their fingers in their ears

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Since its apparently not obvious, I am not secretly channeling Al Gore, I'm not secretly praising Biden for high gas prices, I'm not saying there is a holy grail of energy that will be discovered because of higher prices, I'm merely making an inane observation that in my opinion is factually correct. The higher the price of gas, the more math starts to motivate investment in alternative fuels and thats a good thing
But you're either ignoring or leaving out the fact that this "higher price" is engineered and not organic.

Nobody's saying you are FOR this manipulation.

FAKE MATH is what's "motivating investment." It would not need to fucking BE artificially motivated if it was fucking viable!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But you're either ignoring or leaving out the fact that this "higher price" is engineered and not organic.
yes, it was an inane comment and not one I intended to devote endless keystrokes to address every conceivable deviation, exception, motivation, etc. The point stands regardless of why the prices have gone up

You have a point but thats not the one I was making, feel free to wax eloquently about that and I'll pull up a chair and see what I can learn

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You have a point but thats not the one I was making, feel free to wax eloquently about that and I'll pull up a chair and see what I can learn
But ... It's THE point.

My area of Texas LEADS THE WORLD in wind power production. Why? Because the government pays for 80 percent of the capital investment and guarantees the other 20 percent plus penalty. The money comes from bulllshit "carbon offsets." Isn't that beautiful? Here's what's not beautiful. Remember the big Texas power outage last winter? Made national headlines. These fucking things DO NOT WORK in extreme conditions. They have to be shut off in high winds. Low temps freeze the OIL in their gearboxes. They do nothing in low winds. Shit has to be NEAR PERFECT for them to work.

All of this is and has been known. For fifty years at least. It wasn't some fucking mystery to solve.

We already knew this shit. But the economic manipulation gave power companies the incentive to go for it. Nothing to lose.

But ain't that great, going green?

Each wind power tower has enough concrete and steel invested in it to house 400 people. Think about it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
NOPE, its not MY point, I didnt say a damned thing about government manipulation or incentives (I abhor both by the way)

You're on your own from here chief, I got better things to do than go in endless circles for no discernible benefit

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
NOPE, its not MY point,
"My truth."

All "alternatives" are quite old, there's nothing new. None of them viable or reliable. And not tried on mass scale as a result. Only happening now due to economic manipulation, not on merit.

If there were merit there would be no necessity for manipulation.

YOUR point was understood. Not ignored. Fuel prices are high now. Might spur investment in alternatives. But WHY they are high IS highly important.

But, the "investment" isn't coming due to merit. And it's NOT coming for anything new. Or unknown, or unexplored.

The whole reason to artificially Jack up fuel prices is to get the public clamoring for "alternatives." Al Gore's idea! Uneducated dumbasses are falling for it, as planned.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yim, love you amigo but Dooms point are exactly what I was trying to say to you.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I was skimming through some stuff and came across this today.

Heavy taxes, a huge government debt, inflation, unemployment, and food shortages caused many, especially in the cities, to lose faith in the XYZ government. Economic discontent in the cities led to thousands of labor strikes. Students, newspaper editors, and intellectuals protested

Anybody care to take a guess what this is from/about?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
These people are the epitome of evil. The stuff they are promoting and pushing governments around the world to buy into is truly alarming.

Top Bottom