theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Staubach was on Rich Eisen this AM and asked about the following: 1) Dak.... Still fully in his corner thinks he'll be good. Of course Roger not known for talking shit which brings me to 2) Red.... all Roger would say repeatedly is it is big year for Jason. Said he liked him personally. 3) Hellen.... said basically he wasnt privy to the inner workings of the coaching staff and didnt have enough info to render opinion. To sum up that would be two NON ringing endorsements.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Staubach was on Rich Eisen this AM and asked about the following: 1) Dak.... Still fully in his corner thinks he'll be good. Of course Roger not known for talking shit which brings me to 2) Red.... all Roger would say repeatedly is it is big year for Jason. Said he liked him personally. 3) Hellen.... said basically he wasnt privy to the inner workings of the coaching staff and didnt have enough info to render opinion. To sum up that would be two NON ringing endorsements.
Of course, Roger has never been known to gush. But you know Captain America's never going to have anything really bad to say either.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Roger gushes about Dak. Dak gushes about Helen and Kitna. Utterly worthless.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Roger gushes about Dak. Dak gushes about Helen and Kitna. Utterly worthless.
Roger gushed about Dak? Musta missed that one. Only time I ever saw him gush was in his interview when asked about sex.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
RIP Wade Wilson.

Also, I Googled Wade Wilson and got more Deadpool results at the top of the page than Coach Wilson. On the day he died. No disrespect, just found it interesting. Also the Deadpool blooper real was so wrong.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sad to report some brain damage suffered during his playing days just surfaced.

Keeping garrett is the best chance to guarantee his franchise records and super bowl titles remain intact, staying as undisputed #1 cowboys RB all time

Cant be having an ewok like zeke comin around and breaking some of them records

So id say emmitt is very level headed atm

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

If I hear one more dolt talk about how "smart" someone is, I'm going to wring dbair's neck. Being smart doesn't tell me shit about a coach. Hell, I think Garrett's a genius for milking probably 40 million out of the Jones clan. Being smart doesn't mean you can lead men, game plan, and understand clock management. If I was a player and I saw Garrett or Moore on the sidelines, my respect factor would go way down.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
RIP Wade Wilson. 60 is way too young and it surprises me that these athletes would pass away from a heart attack (if that was the cause) when they're surrounded by team physicians and probably work out regularly.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
RIP Wade Wilson. 60 is way too young and it surprises me that these athletes would pass away from a heart attack (if that was the cause) when they're surrounded by team physicians and probably work out regularly.
It can sneak up on you rapidly and with no symptoms, man. 54 I was, when it snuck up on me. June 14, 2016. Having serious chest pains, I drove 16 miles to the ER and walked in like John Wayne and announced I was in the middle of a heart attack. Admitted in critical condition with my right main coronary artery 95 percent blocked and the left main 98 percent blocked, and was touch and go all night... Then at 5 am had the BIG one. I learned exactly why people pass out from myocardial infarction. If I hadn't been in cardiac ICU I would have expired. It wasn't my time yet, to go.

Two stents placed and 6 days later, they let me leave with a passle of prescriptions and I drove home the same way I came in.

The cause? Hypothyroidism, son. Sudden onset. Clogs your coronary arteries within months and you have zero symptoms. When that left main CA clogs up you're gonna expire if there's not immediate intervention. That's why it's called the widowmaker. Working out makes it even more deadly, doesn't prevent it in any way.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It can sneak up on you rapidly and with no symptoms, man. 54 I was, when it snuck up on me. June 14, 2016. Having serious chest pains, I drove 16 miles to the ER and walked in like John Wayne and announced I was in the middle of a heart attack. Admitted in critical condition with my right main coronary artery 95 percent blocked and the left main 98 percent blocked, and was touch and go all night... Then at 5 am had the BIG one. I learned exactly why people pass out from myocardial infarction. If I hadn't been in cardiac ICU I would have expired. It wasn't my time yet, to go.

Two stents placed and 6 days later, they let me leave with a passle of prescriptions and I drove home the same way I came in.

The cause? Hypothyroidism, son. Sudden onset. Clogs your coronary arteries within months and you have zero symptoms. When that left main CA clogs up you're gonna expire if there's not immediate intervention. That's why it's called the widowmaker. Working out makes it even more deadly, doesn't prevent it in any way.

Damn Dooms. That sucks but glad to see you had a fighting chance. I had an uncle pass away from a heart attack years back and it was sudden. He was 46 then and I've currently outlived him by 6 years but it runs in my family. My father and grandfather both heart heart attacks. I get checked up routinely but obviously there are no guarantees. It's my biggest "fear" just because it can creep up on you (as you well know).

Top Bottom