Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hate this team so much.

Just rearranging chairs on the titantic.

Yep, that's all we're doing. Jerry is doing anything to keep us on the edge of our seats for another year while he remains in power.

Reaction score
@mattmosley
Jerry's firing everyone in sight. And it would be wrong to assume that Jason Garrett is safe. This is what "uncomfortable" looks like.

Hope. Change.

Reaction score
The team collapses annually, so rather than bringing a fresh voice and letting him change the culture, why not just get some new assistants and call it a day? Sounds excellent.

There's a reason that a team like New England stays good and relevant every year despite being fleeced of its assistant coaching staff all the time: BELICHICK.

GET US A FUCKING ACTUAL HEAD COACH. JFC.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
@mattmosley
Jerry's firing everyone in sight. And it would be wrong to assume that Jason Garrett is safe. This is what "uncomfortable" looks like.

Hope. Change.

Quick, glasses-wiper bitch, grab his glasses and run so he can't see us.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We do need a head coach who commands authority and accountability and the only one I can think of is Gruden. I wasn't behind Gruden at first, but I've changed my mind. I think he would be a great coach for at least a few years. That's all the time we need with these current players.

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Only thing i can think of is hopefully Jerry did do this firing. Perhaps holmgren or gruden are coming and want a different DC and a 4-3.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
@mattmosley

Hope. Change.

I find it hard to believe that Jerry would fire the RB coach, then the DC, then the head coach. Red would be the first to go.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
My thing is, what DC worth a shit is gonna want to take this job if Garrett is still here? Especially knowing he's more than likely gonna get fired after he tanks again next year.. Just clean house Jerry.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that Jerry would fire the RB coach, then the DC, then the head coach. Red would be the first to go.

If you believe Broaddus, Peete was fired because of a personal issue with Garrett. Just as Sherman was.

So, losing one because of beef with the other. Pretty much Garrett stays.

Reaction score

Especially after having Garrett call Ryan to fire him, if that's true.

Having him do that and then firing him afterwards would be hilarious though.

Reaction score
My thing is, what DC worth a shit is gonna want to take this job if Garrett is still here? Especially knowing he's more than likely gonna get fired after he tanks again next year.. Just clean house Jerry.

Probably ANYONE then, because he'd be up for an immediate promotion if the unit does well.

Reaction score
My guy going out with a bang and i agree with him.

Rob Ryan: D played well enough to be 9-1, 10-0

By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

Fired Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, who got the bad news from Jason Garrett while vacationing in Turks and Caicos, doesn’t need any sympathy.

“I’ll be out of work for like five minutes,” Ryan said.

It’s not Ryan’s style to complain about being out of work right now. As he said, if the Cowboys go 8-8 two straight years, there should be people fired.

Ryan doesn’t hesitate, however, to proclaim that his defense gave the Cowboys a chance to be a heck of a lot better than 8-8 before injuries ravaged his defense.

“When you play that way for the first 10 games, you’re supposed to be 9-1 and or 10-0,” Ryan said. “We were 5-5.”

The Cowboys had a top-10 defense after 10 games. They finished 19th overall, struggling down the stretch while playing without five starters, including blossoming star inside linebackers Sean Lee and Bruce Carter and four-time Pro Bowl nose tackle Jay Ratliff, plus two key reserves. And perennial Pro Bowl outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware was a shell of himself down the stretch, playing despite needing surgeries on his right shoulder and elbow.

Owner Jerry Jones and head coach Jason Garrett stressed throughout the season that injuries are no excuse. That point was hammered home Tuesday when the axe swung on Ryan.

“No sour grapes,” Ryan said, but he is “damn proud” of the job he did after the last two seasons after inheriting the NFL 31st-ranked defense and the players he helped develop.

“When we weren’t short-handed, we were kicking ass,” Ryan said. “We weren’t at full strength ever, but we were pretty damn close and pretty damn good. We were a long way from 31st. If I’m fired on the last six games, that’s OK.

“I did a good job. I know it. If anybody thinks I didn’t, they’re full of (expletive).”

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I thought about it and this is right.

We've given this guy every advantage, and the one thing it's important to do in this league -stop effective passing - we keep getting worse at.

Now should Garrett be fired to? Sure. But the offense has some times been good enough that if we'd gotten a slightly better effort on defense that would have meant extra wins.

Reaction score
If you believe Broaddus, Peete was fired because of a personal issue with Garrett. Just as Sherman was.

So, losing one because of beef with the other. Pretty much Garrett stays.

Oh yeah. Garrett is staying for sure now. National media is already speculating about who will replace him in 2014.

Ginger is a lame duck. Why even keep him then? So stupid.

Top Bottom