icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
why the hell are you filming the bengals ??

kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Have they gone so low? The Bengals? What are you learning from them? Does the Brown family even care?

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The reason is the lamest one they've ever given in their long history of getting caught. Do they really spend the money to fly someone to that game to film a feature that I wouldn't watch if it was on the wall right above the stadium urinals?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
every excuse the patriots have given in response to this has been flawed. theyre lying again. cheating and pushing the envelope is part of the day-to-day for the organization (mostly bill and ernie adams)

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

every type of advantage imaginable. .. the scoreboard, pulling fire alarms at hotels the night before games, tampering w/ headsets, spying, etc

everyone knows that lots of teams do these sorts of things, but the patriots have taken it to another level

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I want you ALL to remember, I called down the thunder on these fux.
So now I gleefully and lustily howl at this rape bit, it serves them right for rewarding this shithead's machinations. I now fervently hope all bad for NE up to and including catastrophic injuries, more rape allegations, and hell yes even a plane wreck or two.

May the football Gods smite them.
Thus sayeth Doomsday, thusly shall it happen. Calling down the thunder like no other. But... at the time I didn't know that the NE organization had already been working really hard to smite themselves.

Now... Today I saw the video footage of the Cincinnati security guy confronting the Cheatriots "video crew." In that vid, the video the Cheatriots guy shot, was showing on the screen. It was 8 minutes of guess what? The Bengals sideline. Not anything else. Not the NE advance scout guy they were claiming to be filming, not anything showing the inside of the booth, only and just, the Bengals sideline.

Having watched that video I can only conclude this whole "documentary" thing was a sham, a Trojan Horse to get video of opponents' sideline calls, substitutions, and etc. It even sounded to me like the dude had been trained what to say if he ever got caught or questioned. In my mind, there is NO way this didn't originate from the top - somebody had to tell the guy what to shoot, somebody had to tell the guy what to say...

Here's the spot as seen today on Fox NFL Sunday:

For those who ask "why would they want to shoot the hapless Bengals sideline?" I give them this little nugget - The Patriots have not played the Bengals against their new head coach and staff yet! So there you are. Motive, Opportunity, Means. And we all know the mathematical formula in crime. It goes like this for those uninitiated:

G=MOM

Guilt=MotiveOpportunityMeans

sPyGaTe 2.0

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Since this is their second time getting caught doing the same shit you would think they would receive a more severe penalty than last time

I bet they don’t even lose a 1st round draft pick this time

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Since this is their second time getting caught doing the same shit you would think they would receive a more severe penalty than last time

I bet they don’t even lose a 1st round draft pick this time
Like every felon who gets caught and serves prison time, they come out of it better at covering their tracks. NOT learning any other lesson, like "don't be doing this shit." Hell no, they study on it more and merely get better at it.

You can bet there's layers and layers of coverage for whisperin Bill on this one. Lots of buffers between himself and the mechanic.

buffers.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I honestly don’t care if it falls back on Bill or not

I just want the team as a whole to be punished and specifically to lose draft picks

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I honestly don’t care if it falls back on Bill or not

I just want the team as a whole to be punished and specifically to lose draft picks
Only investigation will tell. If the league can't prove the 3rd party contractor doing these "features" was coached to spy, then there's really not much here.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My understanding is that it was a Pats staffer and not a 3rd party

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
My understanding is that it was a Pats staffer and not a 3rd party
It's a Pats staffer they were supposed to be filming. The film crew is a 3rd party contractor that's been producing all of their "Do your job" features.

Remember, buffers.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would imagine that a true production company would film many hours of of film as part of any project. They already have access to the subject of the documentary so what's the value of filming him at that given time.? In any event, everyone has a cell phone/camera so every NFL team is subject to being filmed in an "open" public environment.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I would imagine that a true production company would film many hours of of film as part of any project. They already have access to the subject of the documentary so what's the value of filming him at that given time.? In any event, everyone has a cell phone/camera so every NFL team is subject to being filmed in an "open" public environment.
call me crazy but I think all the espionage type stuff should be completely legal

its great for the game, adds another layer to the competition and is honestly fun to watch imho

I grew up within a 1/4 mile of where the Cowboys used to practice & we could stand on egg crates to watch or from the balcony on the hotel behind the field. They never gave us kids much hassle for watching from egg crates but they always ran us off from the hotel balcony. I realize that was partly due to them running a business so they didn't want hundreds of kids hanging out on their balconies trying to watch the Cowboys practices but we also heard Landry was paranoid about other teams being able to spy on them from there so they rented out those hotel rooms

plus when George Allen was coach of the Washington Redskins, he was really paranoid about spying which was hilarious to read about and added another layer to the rivalry

teams can simply use counter-strategies to make the information useless or to set them up knowing "we know that they know that we know that they know..."

I have a similar feeling about air pressure. If your offense wants to play with a deflated ball, fine, but you have to play with that pressure the entire game and on all kicks. So, if a team chooses to completely deflate the ball, good luck passing the ball or kicking field goals, etc.

imho, they need to remove as much legislation from the game as possible, its a distraction, boring to follow and slows down the game not to mention I can no longer have spontaneous excitement about a play because I've been conditioned to expect the rug pulled out from beneath me the inevitable penalty

Top Bottom