dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How much better are we all feeling about yesterday if the Chaz Green pick was Paul Dawson, Michael Bennett, or T.J. Clemmings?

I would be giving us the highest A+ I could have imagined.

Obviously the injury thing is bothering everybody with Clemmings. There were quite a few T's picked rated lower than him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus: 10 Names That Fit For The Cowboys On Day 3 Of The Draft
Saturday, May 02, 2015 10:03 AM CDT

By Bryan Broaddus
Football Analyst/Scout
@BryanBroaddus

IRVING, Texas – We’re into the third day of the 2015 NFL Draft, which means we’re venturing off the beaten path into less-familiar territory. This is where NFL scouts earn their money by uncovering lesser-known talents that can thrive.

The Cowboys have got to feel happy about their draft to this point, but there’s still work to be done. There are still several positions that need upgrading, such as defensive tackle and running back. Dallas could also do with some depth at several spots, such as linebacker, cornerback – and potentially quarterback.

With that in mind, here are 10 guys I think are worth knowing during the last day of the draft.

Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor: I thought he would have gone much earlier in this draft. Surprised that he is actually still available and would be a strong consideration early in the day if had the opportunity to draft. His talent and intangibles are too strong to see him slide much further.

Josh Shaw, CB, USC: Combination of size and speed that is hard to find with cornerbacks, plus he has the flexibility to line up and potentially help as a cover safety if he has to. There are more positives to his tape than negative ones.

Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State: Seems like a good option to line up at either the nose or under-tackle in this scheme and help in your rotation. There are snaps where this kid really flashes some up field rush, but his overall consistency down after down likely has hurt him.

Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State: My experience in the league is that if you had a questionable medical grade about a player, that you will see him land in the fourth round. I am positive that several teams will have him off their boards, but if you want to grab a talented running back and take a risk – this would be your man.

Obum Gwacham, DE, Oregon State: Rangy, long player that will surprise you with his athletic ability. Has a real understanding of how to rush the passer but plays with enough power to hold up against the run. Could see him lining up as a left defensive end in this scheme.

Rakeem Nunez-Roches, DT, Southern Mississippi: Really nice fit as an under-tackle. Very active in the way he plays. Will give you everything he has on every snap. Was not on the best team, but there was no question who was the best player on the defense. Best football is most likely ahead of him.

Damien Wilson, LB, Minnesota: Numbers might say that this Cowboys defense has enough linebackers already on the roster, but adding a player with the talent of Wilson makes a great deal of sense. Could see him playing both as the Mike and Will spots and being tough on special teams. Run-hit type of player that rarely misses a tackle.

Leterrius Walton, DT, Central Michigan: See him as a true nose that has outstanding size but athletic ability as well. You see this guy play up the field whether it’s the run or pass. Can really direct for a big man.

Thomas Rawls, RB, Central Michigan: Shifty runner that has had to create a lot of plays on his own. Can run those zone plays where the hole opens up and he is able to dart through. Physical with the ball in his hands. Outstanding when it comes to finishing runs. Started his college career at Michigan so has played football at a high level before.

Lucky Whitehead, WR, South Alabama: Not going to impress you with his size, but he certainly will with the ball in his hands. Is always looking to make the big play, whether that’s as a receiver or punt/kickoff return man. Has some rare ability when it comes that area of his game. I would consider him with one of those two seventh-round selections.

Reaction score
How much better are we all feeling about yesterday if the Chaz Green pick was Paul Dawson, Michael Bennett, or T.J. Clemmings?

I would be giving us the highest A+ I could have imagined.
Yep... I was thinking that if we had gotten Ajayi too.

I'm predicting we get him today or Buck Allen. Wouldn't be surprised to see a trade up in the 4th to get one of them.

Reaction score
I didn't think Mel Kiper could look like a bigger douchebag... the sunglasses on TV take it to a new level.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
A lot of good players are left. Hoping for a DT or RB in the 4th, plenty good ones at both positions. Wouldn't be upset with another DE or CB. Petty could be a great grab at some point got a feeling he and Hundley could go early in the 4th though. LB another spot we could use a young guy added.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
David Moore said he talked to multiple people with the Cowboys who said we don't think we have to take a RB in the 4th. Said other positions might be needed more.

Also, Trey Flowers gone to NE. Ugh.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why does Broaddus not have Grady Jarrett listed? What the fuck is his (Broaddus) problem?

Reaction score
David Moore said he talked to multiple people with the Cowboys who said we don't think we have to take a RB in the 4th. Said other positions might be needed more.

Also, Trey Flowers gone to NE. Ugh.
Yeah Moore has been on the Buck Allen bandwagon... he could be there in the 5th.

Reaction score
RapSheet·2 mins2 minutes ago
Why did #Jets trade up with the #Jaguars just one spot to take Bryce Petty? Because… the #Jaguars had an offer from the #Browns for him

I hope Petty pans out. Seen him on Grudens QB camp and he came accross real well. Think he has a chance to be good.

Hope Hundley goes before we get on the clock. Was totally unimpressed with him.

Reaction score
@Russellmania980·2 mins2 minutes ago
#Redskins take Arie Kouandijo from Alabama as their 2nd pick in the fourth round. Fits the mold ....Big boy on the interior...Physical.

Top Bottom