Scot

Pro Bowler
Plans to convert one or more of them?

Just what we need

A rook learning a new position while also learning on the job when the bullets are flying during a real NFL game.

Or we can just wait to sign some other teams cast off scrubs that couldn’t even make their team.

Either way it seems like a great fucking plan, and one that has worked wonders for us for the last decade.

I had hoped Dan Quinn would have helped put a little more emphasis on the safety position in the draft. But I see it’s the same as it was before. Zero

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
This is defiantly stupid. It seems like they are like FUCK IT! with the safety position after Roy Williams. Which I don't understand because Ro was a good safety, yes he was a liability in coverage, but overall he was a good safety.

The safety is the last line of defense on the DEFENSE, and it's atrocious that they would neglect it in this manner for all these years.

Scot

Pro Bowler
This is the least amount of excitement about the upcoming season that I have seen around this place in the last 5 years or so

Is it that nobody really cares anymore?

Or has this forum just died a slow death

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
This is the least amount of excitement about the upcoming season that I have seen around this place in the last 5 years or so

First time I've ever missed the draft and didn't even know it was on until Saturday. Still didn't watch. Interest is nil. My time was spent much better.

Dodger12

Super Moderator

As Ions stated, it's all over and it's not just the Cowboys. I'm not going to lie....I lost a lot of enthusiasm for the Cowboys thanks to the Jones family but now I've lost most of my enthusiasm for the NFL. Sports in general has lost me.

Hell, I didn't even know the draft started or was on TV until my son called me to talk about the Parsons pick. I didn't watch any college football nor any March Madness. And, truth be told, I didn't miss it.

Lastly, this team is the personal soap opera of the Jones family. It's almost like you tune in now to see who gets killed (cut) and who's a bust. It's not even football. There is no vision for building a team. Maybe Quinn will make a difference on D but it's just tiresome to watch us spam the LB position when we've invested so many draft picks in the past. We burn picks to make up for for our past/recent bad picks. Just ugly.....

dbair1967

Administrator

Front-office people said they were impressed with the drafts of the Cowboys, Chargers, Giants, Jaguars, Jets, Ravens, Steelers and Vikings, among others.

With linebacker Micah Parsons and cornerback Kelvin Joseph as their first- and second-round picks, the Cowboys were viewed as a team that added two high-end talents to its defense. One scout thinks Joseph was the third-best cornerback in the draft. He also believes both of the Cowboys’ fourth-rounders — linebacker Jabril Cox and offensive tackle Josh Ball — will be NFL starters. He said Ball could have gone in the second round.

dbair1967

Administrator
This is defiantly stupid. It seems like they are like FUCK IT! with the safety position after Roy Williams. Which I don't understand because Ro was a good safety, yes he was a liability in coverage, but overall he was a good safety.

The safety is the last line of defense on the DEFENSE, and it's atrocious that they would neglect it in this manner for all these years.

nickb

Practice Squad
I know way late to the party but loved the thoughts from everyone
I'm still one that thinks ET could bring something to this team especially with Quinn at the helms but do also agree that the lack of attention to the S position is puzzling to say the least

Scot

Pro Bowler
As Ions stated, it's all over and it's not just the Cowboys. I'm not going to lie....I lost a lot of enthusiasm for the Cowboys thanks to the Jones family but now I've lost most of my enthusiasm for the NFL. Sports in general has lost me.

Hell, I didn't even know the draft started or was on TV until my son called me to talk about the Parsons pick. I didn't watch any college football nor any March Madness. And, truth be told, I didn't miss it.

Lastly, this team is the personal soap opera of the Jones family. It's almost like you tune in now to see who gets killed (cut) and who's a bust. It's not even football. There is no vision for building a team. Maybe Quinn will make a difference on D but it's just tiresome to watch us spam the LB position when we've invested so many draft picks in the past. We burn picks to make up for for our past/recent bad picks. Just ugly.....

It could be worse

We could be Browns fans instead

Top Bottom
We've logged Hit Counter by Digits Visitors since 2018.
DISCLAIMER:
The company requires me to use a disclaimer:
The opinions expressed are solely those of authors on this forum and do not represent the views of the Company (Jackson's Food Stores)
Thank you.