Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
By why I meant why do you go thru the trouble of posting screen grabs of the games?

If it’s the Cowboys game then pretty much anyone on this site would already be watching the game.

If it’s for other games that are on at the same time as the Cowboy game then we can see the updates as they scroll across the bottom of the screen for the rest of the games of the day
And I'll add to this... If you look at past years of this gameday/week thread you don't see screengrabs mucking up the thread. You see guys commenting on games they are watching, typically adding their own opinion or take of what they're reporting. Scot is 100 percent right, we don't need a bunch if images loading, slowing down the action and burying other guys' posts.

Or as Scotty once said on Star Trek, " We don't need a bloomin coo coo clock!" And especially not one that reports scores late, often well after they've already been reported in the thread.

READ before you post, make sure you're not posting something already posted.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
@Scott Well some people like cowboys fans In wa state of other areas don’t get the game unless they buy from nfl or direct tv/AT&T tv or other ways to get the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
@Scott Well some people like cowboys fans In wa state of other areas don’t get the game unless they buy from nfl or direct tv/AT&T tv or other ways to get the game.
That's got nothing to do with what he's saying.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That may be

But those Cowboy fans typically are not the ones posting on this site. Especially on game day.

Typically if one of the regulars here are posting on game day and NOT watching the game themselves it’s because they are out of town for one reason or another

But that is few and far between. I can only remember it happening a couple times

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Typically if one of the regulars here are posting on game day and NOT watching the game themselves it’s because they are out of town for one reason or another
And if they are, they're here to keep up with the Cowboys game by reading the thread, and hopefully without having to scroll through a ton of superfluous screenshots.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
While we do have Cowboy fans from other states (myself included) we all find a way to watch the game

Hell, we even have one Cowboy fan from across the pond (you know who you are English Cowboy) who finds a way to watch the game live

Much respect to ya brutha for staying up all hours of the night to watch the game in another country when it’s the middle of the night or the ass crack of dawn there local time

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Taco Charlton has as many sacks this season that D Law

Let that sink in

A guy who we deemed not even good enough to be on this team in a rotation type setting is out there getting as many sacks as our $105 million dollar man

True story, Charles Haley had 4 sacks during the 1993 season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Was he the highest paid DE in the league and making 105 million at the time?

He was about to be one of the highest paid DE's in the league, and a guy we traded two premium picks to acquire.

And apparently you missed the damn point, which doesn't surprise me either.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He was about to be one of the highest paid DE's in the league, and a guy we traded two premium picks to acquire.

And apparently you missed the damn point, which doesn't surprise me either.

Great point dbair

Hailey
1993 - 4 sacks - signs contract extension with Dallas
1994 - 12.5 sacks
1995 - 10.5 sacks

D Law
2017 - 14.5 sacks
2018 - 10.5 sacks
2019 offseason - becomes the highest paid DE and receives the largest contract in Cowboy history
2019 - 5 sacks

See how that works?

We paid Hailey and his performance increased

We paid D Law and his performance decreased

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Great point dbair

Hailey
1994 - 12.5 sacks
1995 - 10.5 sacks

D Law
2017 - 14.5 sacks
2018 - 10.5 sacks
2019 offseason - becomes the highest paid DE and receives the largest contract in Cowboy history
2019 - 5 sacks

See how that works?

Continue missing the point, thanks dope.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Great point dbair

Hailey
1994 - 12.5 sacks
1995 - 10.5 sacks

D Law
2017 - 14.5 sacks
2018 - 10.5 sacks
2019 - 5 sacks

See how that works?

Actually I got my contracts confused, he DID sign an extension before the 1993 season.

This is from March of 1993.

Props to you. He got paid, and had arguably the worst season of his career.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Haley's 4 sacks in 1993 were good enough for a tie with several others for 90th in the league.

I wonder if dunder-Scot will ever get the gist of it now.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Actually I got my contracts confused, he DID sign an extension before the 1993 season.

This is from March of 1993.

Props to you. He got paid, and had arguably the worst season of his career.

Defensive end Charles Haley, saying he wanted to repay Coach Jimmy Johnson for taking a chance on him last season, Tuesday signed a three-year contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

'After the Super Bowl,' Haley said, 'we had a little celebration and coach Johnson came up to me and we had a talk that night. He said, 'Charles, I want you back.'

'He traded for me and he believed in me. I made a commitment to myself that if the Cowboys were even close to what I wanted, I would come back since I owe the man that kind of respect. He gave me a chance to come here, unconditionally, and play on a very young football team.

Hey Rynie, please get your boy to slip this article under jeri's door with the quotes from Haley highlighted, just to get his lying ass fired up

Top Bottom