sbk92

Reaction score
I understand why the Cowboys signed Barber too.

Because they don't have a real personnel man running the team. Or even 2nd in command.

sbk92

Reaction score
Not for nothing, but who thought Barber was going to get worse instead of better?

Yeah, we can place some of the blame on the offensive line but Barber's overall production went in the shitter, now it becomes a bad move by the GM. That's Stephen and Jerruh's fault.

You don't pay big dollars to a RB unless he's special.

I can find a Marion Barber in the middle rounds of every draft.

As usual our piece of shat con man GM overreacted to a little production and inked the guy like he's Barry Sanders. Because he doesn't have the first f'n clue what he's doing. And his top advisor is also a fraud from the family tree.

sbk92

Reaction score
Tell me again how the Cowboys can rework contracts. Like I didn't already know that.

Apparently they're the only team with this advantage. Otherwise it would be completely irrelevant in terms of the state of their cap.

sbk92

Reaction score
Is that what it is!

Sometimes I barely recognize the truth after it's been through the infamous SBK "truth-spinner".

Okay.

Then let's talk specifics.

The Cowboys have the worst cap situation in the entire league.

The Cowboys have holes all over their roster.

The Cowboys are run by an Owner and son of an Owner with no prior background in personnel.

What am I saying that isn't the truth?

sbk92

Reaction score
The problem isn't that I don't speak the truth. The problem is you don't like reading the truth. You want to keep your head up your ass and be told it's all golden.

Wrong board, Winicki.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The problem isn't that I don't speak the truth. The problem is you don't like reading the truth. You want to keep your head up your ass and be told it's all golden.

Wrong board, Winicki.

Give me a break.

You know as well as I, that I'm more even-handed than that. I don't take a "Polly-annish" view of the Cowboys. If there is something that sucks about them, then I admit to it.

That's probably a more difficult job than taking every piece of info that concerns the Cowboys, and then regurgitate it so that it appears to be that absolute worst news possible concerning this team.

sbk92

Reaction score
Give me a break.

You know as well as I, that I'm more even-handed than that. I don't take a "Polly-annish" view of the Cowboys. If there is something that sucks about them, then I admit to it.

That's probably a more difficult job than taking every piece of info that concerns the Cowboys, and then regurgitate it so that it appears to be that absolute worst news possible concerning this team.

Whenever the topic is the cap, I'm going to say we're in the worst position. Because we are.

And check this out.....when we're no longer in such dire shape with the cap, then I'm going to say we're not.

Funny how that works. Facts. Teams and rooting interest is irrelevant.

I'm not going to talk nonsense like they can rework contracts, as all teams can do, and that I can understand why we have so many overpaid players on the roster because of all the "success" we had previously.

Here's another fact - the reason why we're in this position is because the Cowboys don't have a true talent evaluator running things. With a real GM, this doesn't happen.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Again, you dont know what the cap is nor do you know any details about any player contracts. Your just bitching and moaning because thats what you do. Until we see the details and see what players are let go or get restructured deals, its wasted forum space to whine about it IMO.

i think theyve reported it would end up being around 141mil.

Cythim

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't have a lot of wiggle room in their contracts. Davis needs a pay cut and Romo needs a new contract to get their numbers down. Miles' contract has a lot of wiggle room so I would expect to see him number drop from $8 million to $1-2 million. Don't forget that we still have three O-Line starters that are without a contract right now.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
When it comes to us having the highest payroll I don't get too worked up over the 6-10 finish... Only because we were without our franchise QB.

Where I get worried about it is that with the highest payroll we don't have many significant "stars" on this team and too many holes.

As far as some of our free agents go... I think we could easily let them walk and see similar production out of the street free agents that we sign in their place.

Also, Cowboys fans always overvalued their teams players... Ask around to other fans of the NFL. I would guarantee most don't think as high of Doug Free as the rest of you do.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Also, Cowboys fans always overvalued their teams players... Ask around to other fans of the NFL. I would guarantee most don't think as high of Doug Free as the rest of you do.

Who cares what fans think...People in the nfl seem to think Free will be paid big. Hell Jones already said Free was the biggest priority for the team. That says enough right there.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Who cares what fans think...People in the nfl seem to think Free will be paid big. Hell Jones already said Free was the biggest priority for the team. That says enough right there.

Just because we will over pay Free doesn't mean we should.

Cythim

Reaction score
When it comes to us having the highest payroll I don't get too worked up over the 6-10 finish... Only because we were without our franchise QB.

We were 1-4 with our franchise QB. Its not like he was making a huge difference.

Top Bottom