dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Clayton Kershaw last 3 starts. 3-0, one no hitter, 24IP, 11 hits, 0 runs allowed 36ks, 3 BB's

Reaction score
Felix Hernandez's last 9 starts have all been 7+ IP, 2 ER or less, 77 K, lowered his ERA from 3.04 to 2.10, and he's won 7 of his last 8 decisions. His lone loss was a 1-0 loss to Texas.

He would be running away with the Cy Young if it weren't for Tanaka. Should still win it though.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm a Yankee fan (waits for applause), but I'd take Darvish over Tanaka. Darvish has been elite for a longer period of time, has flirted with two no-hiitters this year, has double digit strikeouts five out of his last eight starts, and isn't a gopher ball machine.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I'm a Yankee fan (waits for applause), but I'd take Darvish over Tanaka. Darvish has been elite for a longer period of time, has flirted with two no-hiitters this year, has double digit strikeouts five out of his last eight starts, and isn't a gopher ball machine.

Congratulations, we just became BFFs.

Reaction score

Agreed. Tanaka is the benefactor of these MLB hitters not having seen much of him yet. A couple times through the league and he'll come back to earth and it will be up to him to adjust. But he does have the Yankee contingent in his favor right now.

Darvish just got a slightly later start and isn't going to have the record either of the other two guys will have. But he's damn good as long as he's up against anyone but Oakland.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed. Tanaka is the benefactor of these MLB hitters not having seen much of him yet. A couple times through the league and he'll come back to earth and it will be up to him to adjust. But he does have the Yankee contingent in his favor right now.

Darvish just got a slightly later start and isn't going to have the record either of the other two guys will have. But he's damn good as long as he's up against anyone but Oakland.

I think we jinxed both those guys.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Hell of a game last night, glad KC is moving on.

This town is going crazy. Monday the Chiefs trashed the patriots. Tuesday was probably one of the best ball games I have ever witnessed. It is right up there with game 6 of the 1985 World Series, and then last night we came back again in the 11 inning with a dramatic HR. Loving me some baseball right now! The Royals are going to make some real noise in the playoffs this year. I fully expect them to beat the Angels.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah kudos to them. Love the way they play.

They have a lot of young talent, if they can keep it they are gonna be pretty good for several years now.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I always kind of liked the Royals anyway, but now that they're playing Oakland and LAAA back to back.... :towel

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hard to believe a game which had Kershaw and Wainwright starting ended up 10-9 and Kershaw would blow a 6-2 lead late.

Really bizarre with Kershaw, he was just mowing down Cards with ease and then all of the sudden he got pasted.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How bout those KC Royals...sweeping team with best record in baseball to advance

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Bring on Baltimore! Not sure any team is looking forward to playing KC.

Top Bottom