Mr.Po

Reaction score
Punished these bozos. SWEEP!!!!

Long season but 11-1 overall and a 9 game winning streak along with a sweep of the team on their homefield that your supposed to battle for the division all season long is a pretty damn good statement to make to start the season.

The Braves are rolling like a boss. Pitching and the bench have been lights out so far. Even with a few of their core players off to slow starts along with a couple of key injuries the train keeps rolling.

Reaction score
Yeah I was at the game last night and we're playing like shit. With Saunders out and Guti day-to-day, we end up with an outfield of Morse, Endy Chavez, and a Jason Bay/Raul Ibanez platoon, and it's the worst defensive and slowest outfield in baseball.

And it's like spring training never happened. We can't hit a lick. That doesn't just go away.

But Seager's starting to heat up, and Ackley has a terrible BABIP, so that should change. Morse is battling a broken finger, so he can't hit right now. We get some guys healthy, and we should be much better than we are now. Hope we don't fall too far behind to make a run.

All that to say... it's early.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah I was at the game last night and we're playing like shit. With Saunders out and Guti day-to-day, we end up with an outfield of Morse, Endy Chavez, and a Jason Bay/Raul Ibanez platoon, and it's the worst defensive and slowest outfield in baseball.

And it's like spring training never happened. We can't hit a lick. That doesn't just go away.

But Seager's starting to heat up, and Ackley has a terrible BABIP, so that should change. Morse is battling a broken finger, so he can't hit right now. We get some guys healthy, and we should be much better than we are now. Hope we don't fall too far behind to make a run.

All that to say... it's early.

Yea this mariners team sucks and the rangers are hitting much better than I thought they would. Rangers still need another bat or two but they have been pretty good so far.

Nelly Cruz hit a bomb today. Huge sound off the bat, I could hear it in my seat in lf.

That mariners team is going to be competing with the Astros not the rangers.

Reaction score
Yea this mariners team sucks and the rangers are hitting much better than I thought they would. Rangers still need another bat or two but they have been pretty good so far.

Nelly Cruz hit a bomb today. Huge sound off the bat, I could hear it in my seat in lf.

That mariners team is going to be competing with the Astros not the rangers.
The Rangers pitching is going to fall off if they don't make a deal for a middle of the rotation starter. Too many young guys to hold up. Darvish is solid, Holland is hot and col, Harrison is hurt. Tepesch, Grimm (if he has to pitch much longer), and Ogando can't be depended on.

Mariners are probably 1-2 years away. We got some talent coming, some of it likely to see this year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not a fan of them, but the Pirates are impressive. Nice to see them being relevant again. Best record in baseball now and first to 50 wins this year.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Pitcher Tanaka's Japanese team says he can seek career in MLB :towel Go get'em Yankees!

UPDATED DEC 25, 2013 1:31 AM ET

After nearly two months of transoceanic baseball diplomacy, Masahiro Tanaka is on his way to Major League Baseball

Tanaka, the Japanese pitching sensation, has been granted his wish to pitch in the major leagues. His team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles, announced at a Dec. 25 news conference in Japan that Tanaka will be available to MLB clubs this winter through the posting process.

According to NHK, Japan’s public broadcaster, Rakuten team president Yozo Tachibana acknowledged his reservations about the new posting system — which caps the posting fee at $20 million — but said the team did not want to hold back a star player from a challenge he wishes to embrace. Tanaka, 25, is coming off a year in which he went 24-0 with a 1.27 ERA in the Japanese Pacific League.

So with one drama resolved, another begins: Which MLB team will meet Tanaka’s price tag, which could be around $100 million?

Tanaka’s case closely resembles traditional free agency — albeit with an extraordinarily steep ante. Tanaka can sign with any team that pays Rakuten the posting fee, almost certain to be the maximum $20 million. That’s a dramatic departure from the previous system for Yu Darvish and others, under which there was no limit on the compensation received by Japanese clubs. (The highest-bidding MLB club won exclusive negotiating rights with the player.)

The New York Yankees and Los Angeles Dodgers — large-market franchises known to be looking for a starting pitcher — are viewed as frontrunners for Tanaka. The Arizona Diamondbacks and Chicago Cubs have interest, too.

The Texas Rangers, the beneficiaries of Darvish’s wildly successful entrance to MLB, were thought to be a primary suitor for Tanaka before investing $130 million in free-agent outfielder Shin-Soo Choo; the Choo signing doesn’t necessarily rule out the Rangers as a possibility for Tanaka, but they obviously have less money to spend.

The news of Tanaka’s posting will be welcomed warmly by the MLB Players Association. The union and a number of player agents had grown concerned about the effect of Rakuten’s indecision on the marketplace for top free-agent pitchers Ervin Santana, Ubaldo Jimenez and Matt Garza. All remained unsigned as of Christmas, presumably because teams had been waiting to see if the pitching market would include Tanaka.

Now they know. At a time of year when teams typically wrap up their offseason shopping, the 2013-2014 pitching market is completely open for the very first time.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I like the moves the Royals have made with a limited budget. There is still a chance they could bring back Santana. If they do the pitching staff is going to be very solid. No more 16 game losing streaks that kill a season before it starts.

Top Bottom