yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Red is the Asst Coach Killer
  • Garrett has had 18 assistant coaches since he got here and none have gone on to a promotion in the NFL.

Didn't Eberflus get promoted to defensive coordinator?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Beasley going Diva is really comical. He got 87 targets this year, catching 65. He got 98 2 years ago catching 75 of those. How many balls do you think should be going to you when you have no deep threat speed and no real game breaking ability? Just curious but in our run first offense that seems like a good amount of targets. I mean, you shouldn't get Amari Cooper numbers anyway. We threw to you 87 fucking times.

Shut the fuck up. Know your role and shut your piehole. Take a nap and shut your dicktrap, fucking midget.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Matt Eberflus | Dallas Cowboys (2011 - 2017)

2011 Season
-Hired to coach linebackers by Jason Garrett, inheriting a group that was spearheaded by All-Pro DeMarcus Ware.
-Helped development of second-year linebacker Sean Lee.

2012 Season
-Double-digit sacks for both Spencer (11)/Ware (11.5).
-Spencer also led the team with a career-best 106 tackles.
-Ware finished with 72 tackles, a team-best 33 pressures and five forced fumbles.
-Lee had career-high 21 tackles week 2 in Seattle, which tied franchise record (Lee Roy Jordan).

2013 Season
-Monte Kiffin replaced Rob Ryan, Eberflus integral in assisting transition to 4-3 scheme
-Marinelli said he was impressed with Eberflus the first time he met him in 2013
-Marinelli credits Eberflus with the successful transition from Ryan's 3-4 defense to the 4-3.

2014 Season
-Rolondo McClain season.
-Eberflus credited with molding rookie Anthony Hitchens.
-Eberflus' linebackers helped improve rushing defense from No. 27 in 2013 to No. 8 in 2014.
-Linebackers tied for the seventh-most interceptions in the league.

2015 Season
-Eberflus credited with transitioning Lee to weakside linebacker, which produced immediate results (Lee 1st Pro Bowl).
-Eberflus also moved Ronaldo McClain to the middle linebacker position.

2016 Season
-Eberflus sought after for various defensive coordinator positions around the league
-Cowboys able to keep Eberflus and made him Defensive Passing Game Coordinator, in addition to his linebacker coach duties.
-Cowboys defense boast the NFL's No. 1 overall rushing defense
-Cowboys No. 5 ranked scoring defense.
-Sean Lee was named First Team All-Pro and selected to his second consecutive Pro Bowl.

2017 Season
-Linebacker group accounted for 34% of the team's tackles.
-Cowboys defense No. 8 in total defense and rushing defense
-Cowboys No. 11 passing defense.
-Eberflus credited with development of Jaylon Smith.
-Eberflus' linebacker trio (Lee, Hitchens and Smith) finished as the Cowboys' top-three tacklers.
-Both Lee and Smith have credited Eberflus for helping them excel at their positions.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dak is going on his 4th year, and he will now have had 3 different QB coaches. So now he has to UN-Learn shit from before, and RE-Learn more new shit. Gee what the hell can go wrong under those scenarios, and at the most important position on the team no less?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
  • Garrett has had 18 assistant coaches since he got here and none have gone on to a promotion in the NFL.
What nobody from the Garrett coaching tree has been promoted? Shocked I say. Sounds like the tree might have some rot somewhere around the root.

Charlie Brown's Christmas tree had more roots and branches than Garrett's coaching tree.4449

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is why the people who claim Garrett would be hired the second Dallas fired him are FULL OF SHIT. Likewise, the story of 5 teams ready to hire Garrett is, again, FULL OF SHIT.

Nobody wants these proven fucking losers and nobodies beside Jerry.

Still trying to find a way to get Jerry to throw millions at me since he loves wasting so much of it on people who neither deserve, nor earn it.

Who the fuck thinks this? Seriously? Garrett is the new Marv Lewis, but with a more talented team, which is even a greater tragedy and indictment against Garrett.

Sean Payton's success ensures Garrett's job security with the Cowboys. Jerry is convinced that Garrett is the next Payton. And even now, he may realize that Garrett will never get any better than what he is now, Jerry will still hold onto him. Jerry's thinking is such that, "He may never win with me, but I'll be damned if I let him go and win somewhere else."

Reaction score
I saw a lot of Bease's tweets the last couple days. He talks like a guy who knows he ain't sticking around.

He needs to be careful about that. I know if I were managing a different team I would be highly cautious of a player that feels its ok to go bitching on Twitter about your team. If he'll do that shit in Dallas he'll do it on another team too.

Also, to the idiots who claim Beasely is impossible to cover one on one, put the bong down. Beasely is easily covered and disappears from games when anyone decent is on him. Even when he catches it he lacks to the house speed and is too small to break tackles. I don't think there is a player in the league that is as much of a legend in his own mind as Beasely.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Moore had no business being an NFL QB, QB coach or OC. In DC, there's a phrase to describe guys like him, "Screw up, move up." Maybe white privilege is real.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I mean... We COULD be saying "way to go Beas" for calling out Jerruh and the garbage, and many of us think a lot less of Choker Tony and Witten for never speaking up and we wish they had... But the problem is Beas is no Romo and no Witten. He's got exactly zero stroke and wouldn't be listened to much less be able to affect change at all. So we can just shrug our shoulders I guess.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I mean... We COULD be saying "way to go Beas" for calling out Jerruh and the garbage, and many of us think a lot less of Choker Tony and Witten for never speaking up and we wish they had... But the problem is Beas is no Romo and no Witten. He's got exactly zero stroke and wouldn't be listened to much less be able to affect change at all. So we can just shrug our shoulders I guess.

A loud mouth fool never has credibility except with other fools

Reaction score

He's bitching from a "what about me, what about Raven," emo attitude rather than "fans sick of this 2+ decades bullshit from the management" angle. I don't think players like Beasely give a fuck if the Cowboys win or lose so long as his stat line looks good, and he gets a fat contract.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hearing that Garrett will take over play calling next year HIGHLY concerns me just based on the fact that this has been tried before and he relinquished those duties and I don't believe is a good enough in game coach as it is to now have to worry abut calling plays...
Hopefully Kitna can get the most of the Dak but, based on this past year, did Garrett get the message about how Dak needs to be used? Have my doubts about that...

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
He's bitching from a "what about me, what about Raven," emo attitude rather than "fans sick of this 2+ decades bullshit from the management" angle. I don't think players like Beasely give a fuck if the Cowboys win or lose so long as his stat line looks good, and he gets a fat contract.

Dude's going to be a free agent, he's upset cause his 2018 highlight reel ain't the stuff of dreams. It's good, especially considering the Cowboys overall numbers, but it ain't all that.
As you say, not much about the team or the struggles of the 2018 offense. Just Beasethedouche numbers.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hearing that Garrett will take over play calling next year HIGHLY concerns me just based on the fact that this has been tried before and he relinquished those duties and I don't believe is a good enough in game coach as it is to now have to worry abut calling plays...
Hopefully Kitna can get the most of the Dak but, based on this past year, did Garrett get the message about how Dak needs to be used? Have my doubts about that...

The upside is if he calls plays and we suck offensively, he has to own it and ultimately finally gets fired. Doesn't sound like they are giving him this great contract extension everyone was crowing about a few weeks ago.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett likes that extra layer of security that a play caller provides. Garrett likes him some fall guys

Top Bottom