Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Didn't think so, and neither would I give just anybody a job coaching the Cowboys because I don't know if he'll be any good or not. Better damn well know if someone will be good or not before they get hired here, but WTF do I know?
The absolute ONE area of the business where Jerruh has no restrictions on buying the absolute best talent, can throw any amount of money at the problem, and he hires scrubs. What's the message?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I don't mind Garrett having his guy at OC and no contract extension.
Might be a fuck or walk scenario.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't mind Garrett having his guy at OC and no contract extension.
Might be a fuck or walk scenario.
You mean, Jerruh gonna withhold the extention and give Carrot all the rope he needs to either pull himself out of the river of shit, or hang himself? I really doubt Jerruh has the brain for a scenario like this.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
You mean, Jerruh gonna withhold the extention and give Carrot all the rope he needs to either pull himself out of the river of shit, or hang himself? I really doubt Jerruh has the brain for a scenario like this.
Yep, that's what I mean. But I don't give Jerry credit for thinking of it, and he may extend Ginger Marv yet, who knows? I just like the idea.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yep, that's what I mean. But I don't give Jerry credit for thinking of it, and he may extend Ginger Marv yet, who knows? I just like the idea.
An idea that would never occur to Jerruh or any of the yes men he's surrounded himself with. Because we'd like it. Wouldn't wanna do anything the "haters" might like.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Kellen Moore is really our new OC? That's not a joke? Are you fucking kidding me? We could literally hire any of the hot OCs on the market and we go with a guy that couldn't hack it as even the 3rd QB or the QB Coach for 1 year? That is who we went with?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Kellen Moore is really our new OC? That's not a joke? Are you fucking kidding me? We could literally hire any of the hot OCs on the market and we go with a guy that couldn't hack it as even the 3rd QB or the QB Coach for 1 year? That is who we went with?
It's not official yet it's just being advance reported from "sources."

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think I know the answer, but has Kitna ever been a QB coach on any level? The last I heard he was teaching HS algebra.

he coached high school in Waxahachie and in Washington (state)

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I admit I don't know the intricacies of how to evaluate who can coach but I thought Kitna was a decent QB, played in the NFL for 15 years and would seem to make a much better QB coach than Moore, why the Kitna hate?

Reaction score
I admit I don't know the intricacies of how to evaluate who can coach but I thought Kitna was a decent QB, played in the NFL for 15 years and would seem to make a much better QB coach than Moore, why the Kitna hate?

Not so much hate as it is caution. Franchises that have actual GMs and operate without nepotism, not to mention win Super Bowls every now and then, are not showing any interest in Kitna.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wouldnt a ham sammich make a much better QB coach than Helen Moore? That's a pretty low bar there.

Nobody hates Kitna, he simply has no experience or track record and we have a young QB in his formative years who definitely needs a real teacher.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’ll take Kitna over Moore as Dak’s QB coach every day of the week. At least he has more NFL experience than Dak does, unlike Moore. Who was a failure as an NFL QB.

My fear now if that they are adding Kitna because they are promoting Moore as OC. If that’s the case why even get rid of Linehan. Moore was only here because he was Linehan little lap dog bitch boy

I hated Helen as a QB, I hated him as a back up QB, and I now hate him as a QB coach! Dak has regressed since Helen became his QB coach

If they really do promote this midget NFL failure to our OC then I don’t know how I can justify following this team to myself anymore

NO OTHER TEAM has showed interest in Helen to even be their jockstrap monitor let alone a fucking coach, yet here Jeruh is seriously considering him for our OC position

FUCK YOU JERUH!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well you guys know I'm a broken record on the dysfunction that is the cowboys caused solely by the idiot owner, nothing will ever overcome this obstacle imo, so it really doesnt matter what they do

Having said that, it seems to me that someone who played QB 15 years in the NFL/NFL Europe might be qualified to be a QB coach and I don't know that he couldn't have been coaching in the NFL sooner. IIRC, he wanted to work with kids so he went to work at the high school he went to in Washington who apparently had some troubled youth he specifically wanted to work with ( nfl--former-nfl-qb-jon-kitna-finds-‘gold-mine’-at-a-school-where-other-teachers-only-saw-problems-194739063.html ), then he moved to Texas to coach his son who also plays QB ( https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ed-jon-kitnas-qb-son-jordan-chasing-1st-offer ).

He may end up sucking but in my limited view, it seems like a reasonable hire. I'd prefer David Lee but for some reason I never hear his name being mentioned.

Moore as OC sounds insane but whatever, like it matters how they arrange the deck chairs, barring a miracle of epic proportions, we'll just get more of what we've seen the last quarter century

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The absolute ONE area of the business where Jerruh has no restrictions on buying the absolute best talent, can throw any amount of money at the problem, and he hires scrubs. What's the message?

The message is "if I can't get all the credit I'd just rather be mediocre"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wouldnt a ham sammich make a much better QB coach than Helen Moore? That's a pretty low bar there.

Nobody hates Kitna, he simply has no experience or track record and we have a young QB in his formative years who definitely needs a real teacher.

Jerry sticks a Pinto engine into a Corvette body

Top Bottom