Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Who remembers?

Pepperidge Farm remembers....
4269e48c62018722cc0ab8693a0bd0c1.jpg

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
W-Football team??? WTF, I have not paid much attention to football nor will I until they start respecting the flag and the country but are the Skins actually calling themselves the W Football Team or is that the media doing that? I know they agreed to look into changing the name. Are they still wearing Redskin uniforms and logos are are they generic?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes that is real

The Washington “Football Team” is the official name of the former Washington Redskins

A few years back when the talk started about the redskins changing their name some guy sat down and came up with every possible name he could think of that the Redskins were either considering or might possibly want to change to and he had the wisdom to go out and copyright each name. So now if the Redskins want to change their name they are going to have to pay this guy whatever his asking price is. There was supposed to be some legal battle over one of the names but as you can see it has not been settled yet.

As for the uni’s, they are different and new. They have the players number on the helmet and the redskin logo is gone now. The red color is different too.

They are now known as the Washington Football Team

How shitty is that?

But hey, they beat the Eagles for us yesterday, so there’s that!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yes that is real

The Washington “Football Team” is the official name of the former Washington Redskins

A few years back when the talk started about the redskins changing their name some guy sat down and came up with every possible name he could think of that the Redskins were either considering or might possibly want to change to and he had the wisdom to go out and copyright each name. So now if the Redskins want to change their name they are going to have to pay this guy whatever his asking price is. There was supposed to be some legal battle over one of the names but as you can see it has not been settled yet.

As for the uni’s, they are different and new. They have the players number on the helmet and the redskin logo is gone now. The red color is different too.

They are now known as the Washington Football Team

How shitty is that?

But hey, they beat the Eagles for us yesterday, so there’s that!

If I’m not mistaking (which mean I probably am) I believe 1 or 2 of his patents are expiring within the next year. Also I think Red Wolves is one the patents which is rumored to be the favorite. That’s why they didn’t just pay the guy. Change the name to something generic for 1 year and then when the patent expires they can swoop in and take the name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If I’m not mistaking (which mean I probably am) I believe 1 or 2 of his patents are expiring within the next year. Also I think Red Wolves is one the patents which is rumored to be the favorite. That’s why they didn’t just pay the guy. Change the name to something generic for 1 year and then when the patent expires they can swoop in and take the name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That could be the case. It sounds about right. They said they were in a legal battle over one of the names so that’s probably what is going on

Top Bottom