Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Alienate the players. That's the ticket!

You let 'em call themselves whatever they want. The coach and staff aren't even involved in it.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alienate the players. That's the ticket!

You let 'em call themselves whatever they want. The coach and staff aren't even involved in it.
letting them parade around w/ that nickname is negligent

they are facing tremendous amounts of social media and, the more traditional, wedgie-bullying. and it is a known fact the joneses have been squashing this story for a while

how dare you insist they continue to express themselves incorrectly

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
letting them parade around w/ that nickname is negligent

they are facing tremendous amounts of social media and, the more traditional, wedgie-bullying. and it is a known fact the joneses have been squashing this story for a while

how dare you insist they continue to express themselves incorrectly
A lot of them won't be here come week one. If the remaining ones still insist on using that idiotic moniker regardless of the response ( lots of which has been positive) then you let it be if you're the HC. Jimmy sure would.

Good job trying to squelch it by Jerry, there's hats, t-shirts, other "Hot Boyz" swag selling like hotcakes.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A lot of them won't be here come week one. If the remaining ones still insist on using that idiotic moniker regardless of the response ( lots of which has been positive) then you let it be if you're the HC. Jimmy sure would.

Good job trying to squelch it by Jerry, there's hats, t-shirts, other "Hot Boyz" swag selling like hotcakes.
you dont think jimmy would point out that its a queer nickname ?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
you dont think jimmy would point out that its a queer nickname ?
Now see? We've moved the goalposts away from the original statement, that Mike would MAKE them quit using it. He might have a man to man with them, pointing out they've really done nothing to justify using a nickname, and let that soak in. But no, you don't outright ban it or forbid it.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now see? We've moved the goalposts away from the original statement, that Mike would MAKE them quit using it. He might have a man to man with them, pointing out they've really done nothing to justify using a nickname, and let that soak in. But no, you don't outright ban it or forbid it.
no no no no nonononono stop sto p stop stop i dont really care about the nickname at all they can keep it jeeez

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
no no no no nonononono stop sto p stop stop i dont really care about the nickname at all they can keep it jeeez
Jimmy never much cared how his players expressed themselves.

With the work to be done, it's not even a concern of Mike's and doesn't deserve any of his attention. Just like it doesn't deserve its own thread.

Tass

Spectator
Reaction score

Hoo-boy, I didn't realize the degree of semantic lawyering present here. Let's relax a little, huh guys?

Obviously you can't MAKE any grown man do anything in the NFL. Yes, I would hope the coach discourages them by pointing out how weak it is to puff out your chest when you have nothing to be puffed up about.

I will choose my words more carefully next time. Cowboy fans...serious business.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hoo-boy, I didn't realize the degree of semantic lawyering present here. Let's relax a little, huh guys?

Obviously you can't MAKE any grown man do anything in the NFL. Yes, I would hope the coach discourages them by pointing out how weak it is to puff out your chest when you have nothing to be puffed up about.

I will choose my words more carefully next time. Cowboy fans...serious business.
We're just supposed to read your mind instead of what you actually post. Got it.

Glad to see you evolved your take on it.

Tass

Spectator
Reaction score
This tends to happen more often online for some reason.

If I had said what I said while talking with you in a bar I'm pretty sure you would have understood what I meant. I'll communicate clearer. Please do me the favor of giving me somewhat of a break, ok? I mean, I certainly don't want to be The Cowboy Reich like they are over at CZ. I hope you feel the same!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

If I had said what I said while talking with you in a bar I'm pretty sure you would have understood what I meant. I'll communicate clearer. Please do me the favor of giving me somewhat of a break, ok? I mean, I certainly don't want to be The Cowboy Reich like they are over at CZ. I hope you feel the same!
If we were talking in a bar you wouldn't be writing the shit down on a napkin. It's not comparable. People tend to go by what you actually post. It's been that way since internet chat first started - it's harder to put forth ideas in a written form. So automatically, we work a little harder at it. We try to be more clear.

No one was bangin on ya. All I did was answer exactly what you wrote.

Hopefully, to your overall point - Mike has this type of thing very low on his priority list if it's even there at all. Jerry's making money off of it. The "Hot Boyz" swag is selling. Mike's got a lot bigger fish to fry.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And I promise to hold off on calling him "Fat Mike" for at least the first 10 weeks of the 2020 season, by the way.

Tass

Spectator
Reaction score
If we were talking in a bar you wouldn't be writing the shit down on a napkin. It's not comparable. People tend to go by what you actually post. It's been that way since internet chat first started - it's harder to put forth ideas in a written form. So automatically, we work a little harder at it. We try to be more clear.

No one was bangin on ya. All I did was answer exactly what you wrote.

Hopefully, to your overall point - Mike has this type of thing very low on his priority list if it's even there at all. Jerry's making money off of it. The "Hot Boyz" swag is selling. Mike's got a lot bigger fish to fry.

Ok, fair enough!

I do agree that it should be low on the priority list, but I would argue that it should indeed BE on the list because it does speak to some of what is wrong in Dallas. Guys giving themselves a nickname when they haven't done jack-shit. To me, it kind of speaks to the whole entitled vibe going on there.

Maybe the Hot Boyz, The Wolfhunter, The Predator, and Mr. Hungry should, you know, kick some ass before they act like asskickers? At least that's what I would tell them.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ok, fair enough!

I do agree that it should be low on the priority list, but I would argue that it should indeed BE on the list because it does speak to some of what is wrong in Dallas. Guys giving themselves a nickname when they haven't done jack-shit. To me, it kind of speaks to the whole entitled vibe going on there.

Maybe the Hot Boyz, The Wolfhunter, The Predator, and Mr. Hungry should, you know, kick some ass before they act like asskickers? At least that's what I would tell them.
Do we know for sure the whole thing wasn't the brainchild of "Chief Branding Officer" Charlotte Jones? She ran it by them and they loved it? The swag sure did appear immediately.

No matter, it's really not even relevant. As long as the swag is selling the name is gonna stay.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hope MM makes them dump the "Hot Boyz" nickname.

It's fucking embarrassing, y'all.

I would have loved to see the list of rejected nicknames.

Smooth Operators
Mama's Little Soldiers
Wrestling Fans
Thirsty Jocks
Pink Twinkies
Lollipop Lovers
Skin Flautists
Sticky Bunz

I mean, the list just writes itself.

What's up Tass? Welcome to the board my man.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Um.....those are almost fighting words......

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

The players are taking advantage of the brand, not their success on the football field. Just as Jerry has done. These idiots lack all self awareness.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
All we need is someone the guys respect like say a D Ware or other similar Cowboy that they look up to (not really sure who else might fit the bill for this bunch) walk in while the guys are working out and have him take one look at these guys wearing their “hot boyz” chainz and say “hot boyz? Seriously? That sounds gay”

Then keep on walking

That should squash the situation

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The players are taking advantage of the brand, not their success on the football field. Just as Jerry has done. These idiots lack all self awareness.
DLaw gone "step up" though. He said so before week 15. He said it was time. Maybe he didn't mean immediately and I just took it wrong. Maybe he meant 2020. Either way, look out! When he "steps up" it's gone be huge!

Top Bottom