Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know I already said it, but the more I hear from MM the more I like him. He’s actually kinda funny, and it “almost” seems like he’s not going to let Jerry walk all over him

Only time will tell on that one.

I'll say it again Scott. The guy is a self made football man. From unpaid assistant, to quality control to QB coach to OC to HC. You just have to respect it and his years of experience. That was a great interview/press conference. I barely listened to Jerry and fast forwarded past his bullshit but McCarthy is the real deal. I'm giddy because I just respect guys that started from nothing, worked hard and sacrificed to achieve their goals.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'll say it again Scott. The guy is a self made football man. From unpaid assistant, to quality control to QB coach to OC to HC. You just have to respect it and his years of experience. That was a great interview/press conference. I barely listened to Jerry and fast forwarded past his bullshit but McCarthy is the real deal. I'm giddy because I just respect guys that started from nothing, worked hard and sacrificed to achieve their goals.
Even worked the local toll booth, so he could pursue coaching.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks for posting TD. People should take the time to listen. This is what a coach sounds like. Garrett sounded like Garrett not because he was smart, or didn't want to give the media any ammo. That's fan created bullshit. Garrett had nothing to say because he lacked the experience and skins to say it. In other words, he had nothing to say but the typical standard soundbites because that's all he had in his repertoire.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Thanks for posting TD. People should take the time to listen. This is what a coach sounds like. Garrett sounded like Garrett not because he was smart, or didn't want to give the media any ammo. That's fan created bullshit. Garrett had nothing to say because he lacked the experience and skins to say it. In other words, he had nothing to say but the typical standard soundbites because that's all he had in his repertoire.
It was always just word salad with Ginger. And the idiots in the press and media just lapped it up because it was Ivy League word salad.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was always just word salad with Ginger. And the idiots in the press and media just lapped it up because it was Ivy League word salad.

The media sucks in Dallas. Even the press conference lacked the depth of questions a reporter should ask. They're afraid of Jerry. Don't get me wrong, they asked about who's calling plays, the interview process, Dak, Zeke, etc. But you can just tell they walk on eggshells. Fucking pussies.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What I’m impressed with is what he did after he got fired

He took the time, money, effort, and decided to rework his entire philosophy of coaching. He looked at where he went wrong and where he was lacking and came up with a plan to improve those areas

He’s embracing new trends and is not sticking with only what worked in the past

Hell, I saw an article that he was planning on bringing in a 14 person analytical department for this season. Whereas Garrett didn’t see any value in analytics

MM was already a good coach who has had success. Now he improving on his flaws and trying to improve on his weaknesses

It’s going to be interesting to see how this next season pans out

I will say this....

Next season will be the first season where I won’t feel like we are going to get out coached every game like I did with Garrett

Shit, we weren’t even safe when Garrett was coaching against a rookie head coach. He would still get out coached

This will be the first time in a long time I will feel like we have the better team and better coach going into most of the games next season

If nothing else, Mike McCarthy has given fans hope

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Forget the fullback, I’m more worried about having a run game at all. From everything I’m hearing and reading is that MM does not and has not had a focused run game. It’s just not part of his game plan. I believe the last time he had a RB over 1000 yards was in 2014 with Eddy “nom nom” Lacy

Hopefully part of MM’s recent self evaluation since he got fired has caused him to value the run more than he used to. Otherwise we have an extremely expensive and overpaid paperweight with a pension for getting himself into trouble on the team for no reason other than to eat up cap room

You need to dive further into MM's coaching history then. Particular look at Ricky Williams and Deuce McCallister's numbers with the Saints when he was OC. McCallister had some really significant numbers.

I think he's a coach that will take advantage of the personnel he has. In Green Bay he never had the OL or RB he will have here. It isn't going to be ignored.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I heard he was keeping Helen Moore as his OC

did they make that official yet?

Last report was Moore was still considering the offer to be U of Washington's OC, but that he was leaning towards staying in Dallas.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Moore coming back is depressing enough, but if Witten does too ..

giphy.gif

I'm not sure why you think that's depressing. As long as it's Mccarthy deciding whether he can stay, I'm good with it.

Guy was a 1st yr OC that was probably influenced greatly during the week on what he could and couldn't do by a known idiot in Clapper. He fared pretty well in my opinion.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

There's a whole thread at IdiotZone bashing the PC because the Jones' were in the PC.

I'm like you, I didn't listen to any of Jerry's b/s really. He had a couple cornball anecdotal stories, but his intro was fairly brief and he handed off to MM pretty quick.

I'm definitely excited about MM and I am glad he insisted on controlling the coaching staff. I'm hoping he laid down the law when it came to culture and practice habits etc etc too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The media sucks in Dallas. Even the press conference lacked the depth of questions a reporter should ask. They're afraid of Jerry. Don't get me wrong, they asked about who's calling plays, the interview process, Dak, Zeke, etc. But you can just tell they walk on eggshells. Fucking pussies.

Yep, the media there is fucking awful and part of the reason a loser like Garrett could survive as long as he did.

They should have shot the idiot that asked about the Garrett situation. Yesterday was about hiring a new HC and moving on, there were other times they could have asked about the Garrett b/s. I wish Jerry would have ignored the question.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you think that's depressing. As long as it's Mccarthy deciding whether he can stay, I'm good with it.
I don't believe for a second that it was McCarthy's decision. I think he was "strongly encouraged" to keep him on. As an offensive guy who's been calling plays forever, he doesn't need Moore and there's nothing a kid can teach him. If anything, McCarthy should see him as a threat. He's being groomed to take over for Mike one day like Jason was for Wade.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't believe for a second that it was McCarthy's decision. I think he was "strongly encouraged" to keep him on. As an offensive guy who's been calling plays forever, he doesn't need Moore and there's nothing a kid can teach him. If anything, McCarthy should see him as a threat. He's being groomed to take over for Mike one day like Jason was for Wade.

I don't know...maybe you're right. But McCarthy is gutting the staff pretty good including "favorites" like Columbo. We overvalue these new, shiny toys like Moore. The guy has been a QB coach and OC in his 2 years of coaching experience. Who's going to hire Moore in the NFL to run their offense? It could be McCarthy wanted to keep him around because he liked some of what he saw and needs a gofer and token OC while he calls the plays.

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

michael irvin thinks the cowboys talent is similar to the golden state warriors

1578581035743.png

Top Bottom