DCFanInVA80

Spectator
Reaction score
Welcome to The U, DCFan. Invite all your friends!

And I would be just fine and dandy with Zeke Orrrrrrrrr Wentz at #4.

Just saw in a news feed where RG3 is visiting Cleveland. Hope they sign him and forget about drafting a QB in the first round.

Thank you!

I am not completely sold on Wentz, especially at 4th overall. I like taking a guy like Cardale Jones in the 3rd round.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Thank you!

I am not completely sold on Wentz, especially at 4th overall. I like taking a guy like Cardale Jones in the 3rd round.

I think taking a QB beyond the 2nd round would be a complete waist of a pick. Unless you're looking for a career backup the caliber of Colt McCoy. For me the 3rd round is the perfect place to draft a LB, RB, OL or DT. You're more likely to hit on one of those positions than you are a QB in the 3rd round.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I would love to have Elliott if we can somehow trade down right before the Giants pick at 8, oh say 7 with SF?

I think you mean Philly at 8,but your point remains.
Might get the Niners to overpay there as the whole thing with Kap is turning into a cluster now.
Welcome to the DCU.
Nice avatar.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would love to have Elliott if we can somehow trade down right before the Giants pick at 8, oh say 7 with SF?

Philly has the 8th pick, but you're right. Probably cant drop down below them. Certainly cant drop below Giants/Bears and Fish as all 3 have RB needs.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
stupid never ceases I see
Speaking for yourself again.

You still cannot get over the fact that I predicted they would not take a RB at all, and then they didn't take a RB at all. You spin these idiot scenarios that "well the RBs we wanted just didn't fall to us" but the fact is - as they said - taking a RB in the draft was NOT a priority for them. They - as they said - thought they had the position COVERED with Randle and the other backs they had on the roster, and planned to fill the one vacancy via free agency. WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY DID.

They don't value the running game. They think any ole back can run behind this line for the few carries they plan on. They do NOT plan to feature the run!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They were going to take a RB in the 2nd rd genius. They didnt because a top-10 player on their board fell in their laps.

Again nobody wastes all the national visits they had on a position if you don't have interest in taking one of them at some point, and they brought virtually every top and middle graded RB there was for official visit. You only get a limited number of these.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They were going to take a RB in the 2nd rd genius. They didnt because a top-10 player on their board fell in their laps.
Where the fuck do you get this besides your fantasy land?
Again nobody wastes all the national visits they had on a position if you don't have interest in taking one of them at some point, and they brought virtually every top and middle graded RB there was for official visit. You only get a limited number of these.
Aaaaannnnd... We covered this ground too. The Cowboys ARE idiots enough to "waste" their "national visits."

The bottom line is I said they would NOT be taking a RB in the 2014 draft, and they did NOT take a RB in the 2014 draft. You're STILL operating and thinking as if they actually learned something in 2014 about featuring a consistent, punishing running game. They didn't. They STILL do not value the running game as a primary weapon. They do not value the RB position.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I mean, it's really a silly argument. You believe they didn't take a RB because the one they wanted wasn't there when our 2nd round pick came, I believe they didn't take one because they didn't think they needed one. Both could be correct.

But you have to a lot of faith in these morons to believe that if a really good RB fell to them, they would use a draft pick to take him with Randle all set to be the starter, and his backups already established.

I have NO such faith.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Where the fuck do you get this besides your fantasy land?

Gee I dunno, public comments by Steven Jones. Various Dallas writers saying it?

Aaaaannnnd... We covered this ground too. The Cowboys ARE idiots enough to "waste" their "national visits."

OK

The bottom line is I said they would NOT be taking a RB in the 2014 draft, and they did NOT take a RB in the 2014 draft. You're STILL operating and thinking as if they actually learned something in 2014 about featuring a consistent, punishing running game. They didn't. They STILL do not value the running game as a primary weapon. They do not value the RB position.

OK

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I mean, it's really a silly argument. You believe they didn't take a RB because the one they wanted wasn't there when our 2nd round pick came, I believe they didn't take one because they didn't think they needed one. Both could be correct.

Actually that's not what I said genius. I said they didn't take one in the 2nd because a guy that was the 10th rated player on their draft board fell in their laps.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They never intended to draft a RB. They as much as said so, all offseason, then magic of magic? None were drafted.

Exactly
And this year is feeling the same way with Jerry saying we aren't taking a QB at 4!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Actually that's not what I said genius. I said they didn't take one in the 2nd because a guy that was the 10th rated player on their draft board fell in their laps.

That's exactly what I believe too. I think they fully intended to draft a RB but Gregory was still sitting there. Whether or not they intended to use that RB correctly or not is another story. Each round after that the RB they wanted or had scouted would have been considered a reach when their pick came up.

That's why I think they are going to have to reach for one in this draft IF they actually want to draft one. Elliott at 4 would be considered a reach, Booker or Dixon at 34 would be considered a reach, Collins or Prosise in the 3rd would also be considered a reach.

Reaction score
Question: What would the Cowboys have to do to get a passing draft grade from you? What do they need to do to get an A?
Scruggs: Draft Elliott at number four and then draft defensive players the rest of the way.

Question: How serious is the idea of Ezekiel Elliott at No. 4?
Scruggs: Zeke at number four overall is a really good possibility because he is the best running back prospect in the draft since Adrian Peterson. Elliott, coming out of college, is a better prospect than Todd Gurley who was the rookie of the year last year for the Rams. He can better than DeMarco Murray. He won't fumble the way Murray would. He's got more speed than Murray. I think Dallas should pull the trigger on him. He can have a better benefit to the Cowboys D than Joey Bosa in my opinion.

-----------

I really like EE in this draft, and I'd love it if we landed him. But this is the first time I've heard anyone say he's a better prospect than Gurley, let alone the best since AP. Has this notion been around or is it widely agreed upon by draft guys? I'll admit I get most of my draft info this year from this website and youtube....

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Thanks to Lawrence, you can kiss this goodbye.

The last time Jones had a top DL suspended right before the draft, he reached for Ebenezer Ekuban.

Reaction score
Thanks to Lawrence, you can kiss this goodbye.

The last time Jones had a top DL suspended right before the draft, he reached for Ebenezer Ekuban.

Yeah, I think you are right.

Before this Lawrence crap, Elliott was a luxury pick ... but not out of the question.

After the Lawrence crap (on the heels of the Hardy & Gregory crap), DE has devolved into a triage situation.

It'd be doubly tough to pull the trigger on Elliott now.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Question: What would the Cowboys have to do to get a passing draft grade from you? What do they need to do to get an A?
Scruggs: Draft Elliott at number four and then draft defensive players the rest of the way.

Question: How serious is the idea of Ezekiel Elliott at No. 4?
Scruggs: Zeke at number four overall is a really good possibility because he is the best running back prospect in the draft since Adrian Peterson. Elliott, coming out of college, is a better prospect than Todd Gurley who was the rookie of the year last year for the Rams. He can better than DeMarco Murray. He won't fumble the way Murray would. He's got more speed than Murray. I think Dallas should pull the trigger on him. He can have a better benefit to the Cowboys D than Joey Bosa in my opinion.

-----------

I really like EE in this draft, and I'd love it if we landed him. But this is the first time I've heard anyone say he's a better prospect than Gurley, let alone the best since AP. Has this notion been around or is it widely agreed upon by draft guys? I'll admit I get most of my draft info this year from this website and youtube....

I think it was Gil Brandt that said Elliott and Gurley are the two best prospects since Peterson. I have heard that people EE is better than Gurley though. He is a more rounded player than Gurley though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I think you are right.

Before this Lawrence crap, Elliott was a luxury pick ... but not out of the question.

After the Lawrence crap (on the heels of the Hardy & Gregory crap), DE has devolved into a triage situation.

It'd be doubly tough to pull the trigger on Elliott now.

I wouldn't completely rule out Elliott. The DL crop is deep, its not far fetched to think they could nab one or two good DE's even if they used a 2nd and 3rd, 2nd and 4th or 3rd and 4th etc etc.

I'm not really worried about Lawrence long term. While it stinks and its bad timing to get suspended, it isn't like he is on crack or meth or something. He might have been taking the 'mines to help him with his studying (he is finishing his degree this offseason according to something I read)

Top Bottom