Being the comish comes with free nationwide hate. Just part of the job

And Brady got as much love as he did hate

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Being the comish comes with free nationwide hate. Just part of the job

And Brady got as much love as he did hate

Yeah still rhetorical,so never mind.
But you gotta admit Greg would make a nice avatar.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
CBS Sports is predicting we take Eazy E with the #4 pick

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Sturm explains why he's not enamored with Elliott at #4:

This is why when I am constantly asked about Ezekiel Elliott and Myles Jack, I generally offer a less-than-excited response. It isn't that those aren't talented players. They are wonderful players that I think will be great talents between now and 2020. But, those two positions in particular have a mountain of evidence that indicates the life-span is short. They may be elite players for a bit, but unfortunately, for every RB that lasts two full contracts with his team (8-10 years) there are about 100 that don't. And for me, high-tackle inside linebackers are essentially the RB of the defense, in that they are generally involved in many high-speed collisions where they are taking the punishment directly. Again, some last. But, most get wore down as they head towards 30 years old. I just think at No. 4, you must consider the life-span of an asset. Is it reasonable to assume that a player at either of these positional spots in today's NFL can both play at an elite level and play with health and longevity like a quarterback, left tackle, pass rusher, or even a cornerback? Evidence tells us "no."

Reaction score
Elliott at #4 still makes no sense to me.

Remember was it 2008 when we took Felix in the first and he was supposed to be lightening to Barbers thunder?

Doesn't it make more sense or seem more likely, considering how predictable and bland Garrett is, that we take a Derrick Henry or Devontae Booker in round 2 to be the thunder to McFaddens "lightening?"

:confused

^ since when is that not a smiley???? fucking place is falling apart at the seams

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yes, right now I'd pretty much guarantee they covet Henry in the second. I almost expect them to trade up to get him to make sure nobody takes him earlier than we expect like happened last year.

Reaction score
You're probably right because of Garretts ties to Saban, but I'd prefer Booker to Henry. He'll be a better pro.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm on the Booker band wagon too but wouldn't complain about Henry at all. Any time I watch a defensive prospect going against Alabama it's hard not to notice Henry bulldozing his way around the field.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Booker turns 24 next month. I like him but it would have to be a Day 3 pick for me.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, right now I'd pretty much guarantee they covet Henry in the second. I almost expect them to trade up to get him to make sure nobody takes him earlier than we expect like happened last year.

I'm not sure they'd get Henry at 34 any more, not after his combine and pro days.

Carolina supposedly loves him and he fits what they want in a RB. Seattle might have interest too.

Reaction score
I think it's going to be more like Dixon as a reach in the second. Henry seems like a talent risk: might not have "it" like Trent Richatdson or like a Ron Dayne never did.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it's going to be more like Dixon as a reach in the second. Henry seems like a talent risk: might not have "it" like Trent Richatdson or like a Ron Dayne never did.

Henry is eons more gifted an athlete than those guys were. he also has the work ethic that neither of those guys had.

Dixon or maybe Notre Dame's Prosise in the 3rd round make some sense to me if they don't take Elliott or Henry earlier.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I think if they draft a RB they are going to have to reach for one, no matter what round they draft one. 4 is considered too high for Elliott, 34 is considered too high for Booker or Dixon, and Collins likely won't be there at 67. Also I don't think Henry will be there at 34. So do they wait until the 4th and HOPE that CJ Prosise is still there?

I think that was the mistake they made last year. They thought one would be there in each round however as their pick got there, they guy they thought would be available was gone. However in each round there was still a guy there but he wasn't projected until later so they didn't draft a RB because it would be considered a "reach".

So this year if they really like Booker or Dixon, just take him at 34. I don't want to see this team in the 4th round again and haven't taken a RB. Sitting there still hoping one falls to them. You've supposedly done your research. If the guy you want is there and you feel he'll be very successful then just take him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think that was the mistake they made last year. They thought one would be there in each round however as their pick got there, they guy they thought would be available was gone. However in each round there was still a guy there but he wasn't projected until later so they didn't draft a RB because it would be considered a "reach".
They never intended to draft a RB. They as much as said so, all offseason, then magic of magic? None were drafted.

DCFanInVA80

Spectator
Reaction score
I would love to have Elliott if we can somehow trade down right before the Giants pick at 8, oh say 7 with SF?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I would love to have Elliott if we can somehow trade down right before the Giants pick at 8, oh say 7 with SF?
Welcome to The U, DCFan. Invite all your friends!

And I would be just fine and dandy with Zeke Orrrrrrrrr Wentz at #4.

Just saw in a news feed where RG3 is visiting Cleveland. Hope they sign him and forget about drafting a QB in the first round.

Top Bottom