Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, neither team is that big on Defense. It's like when we had that shootout with Manning at Denver. Nobody could stop anything. This ain't a video game.

Allen's team is doing him no favors at all. They can't run the ball without it being him carrying the ball, and they can't play defense. Cincy has their number and KC's too, because it's about defense. Can you stop the fuckers.

But helll yeah, I'd take Josh Allen right now today over Dak. All but maybe five GMs would take Allen over their current QB.

100%. Great post.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If Dak had played that kind of game against SF or any other team in the playoffs, I'd talk him up to no end. He's be my guy and I'd see "it." Allen's performance was all guts and clutch and he carried that team and willed them to victory. Except he ran into Mahomes, who's equally otherworldly. And Mahomes snatched vistory from the jaws of defeat.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When we lost to SF in 94, I was sick to my stomach. But when I saw what Aikman and that team did to claw back, I knew Aikman was a great one. He could have tossed it every game, all day, every day. But he was a tactician, a leader and a surgeon who sacraficed his stats for winning. That's when you know your QB has "it." Of course, they had already won back to back SB's but that just further proved the kind of QB Aikman was. He decided to be Troy Aikman, and not Dan Marino or John Ellway. And he could have been those guys with gaudy numbers. That's why Aikman will always be one of the Dallas greats in my eyes and in no way comparable to Dak or Romo. And maybe better than Roger in terms of overall QB talent.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Allen's team is doing him no favors at all. They can't run the ball without it being him carrying the ball, and they can't play defense. Cincy has their number and KC's too, because it's about defense. Can you stop the fuckers.
I don't think that's really true. Their top two RB's average 4.6 and 5.7 yds per carry and didn't pad their numbers with a bunch of 50 or 60 yard runs (in fact the longest run they had was 33 yds) so it isn't that they cant run it effectively. Maybe they don't run it enough because they believe Allen is elite and that's their best chance to move the ball and score. I do think losing Brian Daboll probably had some impact, but they had him last yr and Allen had a lot of turnovers then too.

Defensively they have been good for a few years, and they ranked 6th in yards allowed 2nd in pts allowed this season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Maybe they don't run it enough because they believe Allen is elite and that's their best chance to move the ball and score
They like to quit on the run game, that's true enough. Which again, doesn't help the QB.

There's no argument that his team as in the coaching and play calling, does Allen no favors. They have no core philosophy and no real plan. It's been like this several years now, they're pissing away his rookie deal with nothing to show for it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They like to quit on the run game, that's true enough. Which again, doesn't help the QB.

There's no argument that his team as in the coaching and play calling, does Allen no favors. They have no core philosophy and no real plan. It's been like this several years now, they're pissing away his rookie deal with nothing to show for it.

Zeke has almost near as many carries this season as as all their RB's combined. Let that sink in. They have no running game.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Like Dak, Allen has a propensity for boneheaded INTs (esp in the red zone), but otherwise, he's superior in every way. All 32 GMs would take him over Prescott.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Like Dak, Allen has a propensity for boneheaded INTs (esp in the red zone), but otherwise, he's superior in every way. All 32 GMs would take him over Prescott.
Allen is more like Jim Kelly, a riverboat gambler. But their play calling and lack of core values is part of the reason why.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
See my previous post. Josh Allen should have been in the SB last year. Except he ran into Mahomes. Had that been Dak I'd be saying the same thing. The Bills not being in a SB has nothing to do with Josh Allen. It has everything to do with Mahomes. Go watch the ending of that game and tell me Josh Allen is in the same universe as Dak. Mahomes is just otherworldy, especially in last year's AFC divisional round game against the Bills that went into OT. That game will go down as a classic.

Watch these highlights and you tell me that Josh Allen and Dak should mentioned in the same sentence. 4th and 13 with 2 minutes left and Allent throws a dart for a TD. Chiefs go up (again) and Allen takes the bills down the field and score a TD 13 secons left on the clock. Then converts on the 2 point conversion to go up by a FG. That was ALL JOsh Allen.

13 fucking seconds left. 13..........And Mahomes takes his team down the field from his own 25 and gets them into easy FG range. With 13 seconds. Disgusting for Bills fans but that's Mahomes. And it had nothing to do with Josh Allen.

You are preaching to the choir brutha

All I was saying is that Allen is now being talked about in the same way they (the media) talk about Dak

“He can’t win the big game”
“He can’t win when it matters most”
“He needs more pieces around him to be successful”

He’s getting the same reputation that ppl give Dak.

Would I take Allen over Dak? Absolutely. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday! Every Sunday! If he was our QB we’d most likely be in the SB in 3 weeks.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
d2cd7f6ecd5401290ede1a3f25418f7a.jpg

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dak is that kid who slacks on the daily and barely passes enough tests to skim by on a D-, promises his parents and teachers that he'll get on track, and then still doesn't study anyways...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dak is that kid who slacks on the daily and barely passes enough tests to skim by on a D-, promises his parents and teachers that he'll get on track, and then still doesn't study anyways...
Because smoking hay bales of dope with his pals.

Top Bottom