Super Moderator
Reaction score
love slay

wouldve loved him in DAL before gilmore got here

slay probably gonna make al ot of money tho

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis' days are numbered now too. Could be any day now that he gets whacked, although they might have to agree to some kind of injury settlement. Might be the only thing that keeps him on roster for much longer.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He's always injured. He missed the final three games of the regular season due to a pinched nerve remember? But he returned for the playoffs & racked up 20 tackles in those 2 postseason games. Because of that, I think Jerry will keep him & toss another $1 million to his already $2 million per salary.
My memory is hazy, but I don't recall LVE being injured last year.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I haven't seen the official announcement, but they are saying Zeke is going to be released.

Per a source close to the situation, the Cowboys are set to part ways with the two-time NFL rushing champ and the running back is preparing to start fresh with a new team.

The move could come as soon as Wednesday afternoon when the league’s 2003 calendar officially begins at 3 p.m. and teams are required to be under the salary cap.

Elliott’s future has been in doubt since the end of the 2022 season.

Elliott, who came to the Cowboys as the No. 4 pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, is set to count $16.4 million against the 2023 salary cap with a non guaranteed $10.4 million base salary.

Cutting Elliott saves the Cowboys $4.86 million. If they designate him a post-June 1 cut, they would save $10.9 million

https://news.yahoo.com/ezekiel-elliott-era-done-dallas-130820334.html
Yip, just read it. Good move IMO. And franchising Pollard isn't a terrible idea as the Cowboys can then cut ties with him as well after this season.

We should be able to find a RB this year or next. I wouldn't be screaming if Bijon falls to them at 26. I disagreed with taking Zeke at 4. I thought they should have dropped back. But 26 is a different story.

And from what I've seen, Bijan has more juke than Zeke did.

If not Bijan, then we'll have other opportunities.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

dont let the door hit you in the ass!

The dumbass jones succumbed to the extortion on his second contract and they should have told him to walk in principle alone but of course they didnt

good for Zeke & his agent, fleece when and where you can and he landed in the right place to do it

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This early start in the off-season is shaping up to be one of the better ones in recent memory. When was the last time we traded for a big time player like Stephon Gilmore in the first week of FA? Hell, just in free agency altogether.

Plus we dropped Zeke, signed Wilson and LVE and tagged Pollard.

I ain’t mad at any of these moves so far

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Remember how Zeke talked about wanting to stay? He apparently refused a pay cut.

If Dallas does win the SB this season, I'd be willing to bet that Dak will hold the Cowboys for ransom, as if no other players had anything to do with it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We just restructured Tyron Smith’s contract and freed up nearly $9mil

We also just restructured Tank’s contract to free up nearly $9mil.

This all comes after we already restructured Dak and Zack which freed up nearly $30mil.

Along with freeing up $7mil by restructuring Gallop

That’s nearly $55mil freed up for those of you counting.

Are we going to do the unthinkable and go after a huge name pick up?

Did Jerry get the news that he only has 6 months left to live and is planning to go all in?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We just restructured Tyron Smith’s contract and freed up nearly $9mil

We also just restructured Tank’s contract to free up nearly $9mil.

This all comes after we already restructured Dak and Zack which freed up nearly $30mil.

Along with freeing up $7mil by restructuring Gallop

That’s nearly $55mil freed up for those of you counting.

Are we going to do the unthinkable and go after a huge name pick up?

Did Jerry get the news that he only has 6 months left to live and is planning to go all in?
Makes ya wonder donut? Nice to see though, I have to say.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Makes ya wonder donut? Nice to see though, I have to say.

Agreed

We also freed up nearly $11mil by releasing Zeke

So that makes $66mil freed up minus whatever we just spent to resign our own guys.

Top Bottom