dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Much Dallas media speculation (as well as Broaddus) saying Brian Schottenheimer is going to be the new OC.

It was widely reported Quinn was going to take Schottenheimer with him to Denver or Arizona had he accepted one of those jobs.

Schottenheimer was OC of the Jets in 2009 & 2010 when they made the AFC Championship in back to back seasons, Mark Sanchez was a rookie starter on the 2009 team.

Seattle had 3 of the best offensive teams they have had in his 3 yrs there from 2018-2020 and they set a franchise record for scoring in 2020. Russell Wilson had 3 of his best seasons ever while he was there, and Seattle finished 2nd in rush attempts and first in rush yards in 2018, 3rd in rush attempts and 4th in rush yards 2019 and dropped to 17th and 12th in those numbers in 2020 although that was also the yr they had trouble keeping RB's healthy.

Last edited:

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
Looks like we are stuck with Dak for at least the next two years and probably even longer. I continue to believe he does not have the “it” factor to win a championship. Lacks accuracy and quick decision making at critical moments during the game. Having said all that what would be the chance of trading Dak straight up for Aaron Rogers? I’m sure there are cap ramifications all over the place. I personally dislike Rogers personality but I believe he would be a huge upgrade over Dak at qb. Plus he won his only super bowl with Mike McCarthy. I know he had a tough season but he suffered a hand injury and appeared to be pulling it together down the stretch. Rogers wants out at green bay. Dak is not so bad that LaFeur can’t fix him and would give Green Bay a veteran to work with. I wouldn’t be surprised if these discussions have been had. If Dak stays I believe Kellen Moore has to go. He’s a left over from JG days and has done all he can do. A freshen up is in order. Now on to offseason draft/free agent needs and areas of concern. Cowboys should find true badass dog at one or three technique on defense . Offensive linemen, wide receiver, cornerback, running back, and especially QB are all needs. Linebacker corp should be okay, safety position ok. Need LVE back along with Wilson. TE position is fine with or without Shultz. If cowboys can follow 2022 draft class with hit class in 2023 they should be okay except the QB is still a problem. MM needs to keep drafting QBs a little higher than in the past to hopefully find a hidden gem. Mr Irrelevant does not come along too often but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try. That looks like our best case scenario to possibly get Dak out of Dallas. He is going to have to get beat out like he did Tony Romo. I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan since I was born 60 years ago. Aside from following my WOS Mustangs it’s the only other team I follow. Having grown up watching Roger Staubach play it was easy to get spoiled. JJ got lucky hiring Jimmy Johnson and was a good owner until he tripped on his ego. 28 years later he is still tripping on his ego and we the hardcore paying customers and fans continue to be let down. Did I mention that Dak didn’t have the “it” factor…… that includes the Jerruh and Steven Jones. If we ever reach the Super Bowl again it will be in spite of the Jone’s not because of them. Sorry to ramble but writing this provides some mental emotional therapy after suffering another disappointing ending to such a promising season of cowboys football.

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
Much Dallas media speculation (as well as Broaddus) saying Brian Schottenheimer is going to be the new OC.

It was widely reported Quinn was going to take Schottenheimer with him to Denver or Arizona had he accepted one of those jobs.

Schottenheimer was OC of the Jets in 2009 & 2010 when they made the AFC Championship in back to back seasons, Mark Sanchez was a rookie starter on the 2009 team.

Seattle had 3 of the best offensive teams they have had in his 3 yrs there from 2018-2020 and they set a franchise record for scoring in 2020. Russell Wilson had 3 of his best seasons ever while he was there, and Seattle finished 2nd in rush attempts and first in rush yards in 2018, 3rd in rush attempts and 4th in rush yards 2019 and dropped to 17th and 12th in those numbers in 2020 although that was also the yr they had trouble keeping RB's healthy.
Shottenheimer would be a good choice to replace Moore. Excellent research and analysis.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Out of all the assistant coaches that we let go, the one that should have been fired first is still here. That being the QB coach.

He shoulda been the first to go.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Out of all the assistant coaches that we let go, the one that should have been fired first is still here. That being the QB coach.

Why?

Do you think he insists on the QB throwing all those boneheaded interceptions?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Why?

Do you think he insists on the QB throwing all those boneheaded interceptions?
They don't do that, instead they preach "don't worry about interceptions if they're a product of aggression. They're as good as punts!"

And you hear your QB saying stupid shit like "I just have amnesia and go on to the next play."

Amnesia leaves you UNABLE TO FUCKIN LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES YOU FUCKIN IDIOT!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thank fucking god

3e5e09077777dc0bb15e679628cbb9a7.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Bout fucking time
fefaffaec287323ef8265b1d04011b40.jpg

Top Bottom