Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jason Williams was 100% Wade and it was widely reported at the time.

Going back to the Saints? The only good LB they had was Ricky Jackson, and any fool could have got that one right. I also noticed that the Saints never had a winning record when Wade was there as DC or interim HC.

The Saints great 4-some of LB's that everyone became familiar with, 3 of the 4 came the yr Jim Mora arrived (1986) and those guys were mostly coached by Steve Sidwell, Dom Capers and Vic Fangio.
Here's a list of players that Wade coached who made the Pro Bowl. A few of these are considered among the very best. His coaching had something to do with it, although admittedly players like Bennett and Ware would have been great regardless. But I can say the same thing about players like Micah Parsons etc. We can't completely dismiss the impact of Quinn on Parsons, although we shouldn't over blow it either.

Wade has been around some of the very best and I have never heard a defensive player say anything negative about him. I follow Buffalo closely. Wade wasn't the problem there. It was Ralph Wilson.

• Rickey Jackson, Saints
  • Pat Swilling, Saints
  • Sam Mills, Saints
  • Cornelius Bennett, Bills
  • Bryce Paup, Bills
  • Sam Cowart, Bills
  • Junior Seau, Chargers
  • Shawne Merriman, Chargers
  • DeMarcus Ware, Cowboys
  • Von Miller, Broncos
Here is a list of LBs that didn't make the Pro Bowl but were considered very good players. Some like Haggan didn't reach their peak under Phillips, but eventually developed into solid players.

• John Holecek, Bills
  • Keith Newman, Bills
  • Takeo Spikes, Bills (notable player though his Pro Bowl selections came before and after Phillips' tenure)
  • Mario Haggan, Broncos
  • Danny Trevathan, Broncos (emerged as a key player towards the end of Phillips' tenure with Denver and afterwards)
  • Bradie James, Cowboys
  • Anthony Spencer, Cowboys (had a Pro Bowl season in 2012, after Phillips' tenure)
  • Kevin Burnett, Chargers
  • Stephen Cooper, Chargers
There really aren't too many coaches who have coached and influenced the careers of a holistic group of LBs as well as Wade. He's not the only one, but he is among them.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The talk that I heard on Maxi’s weight loss was that he was too slow getting off the ball and that they wanted him to lose weight to help with that. Unfortunately it didn’t help and not we have an undersized 1 tech.

Hopefully Zimmer comes in and gets him back up to his playing weight.
I think I would have tried to keep his weight where it was and focused on plyometrics. He was probably too much into lifting heavy weights.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's a list of players that Wade coached who made the Pro Bowl. A few of these are considered among the very best. His coaching had something to do with it, although admittedly players like Bennett and Ware would have been great regardless. But I can say the same thing about players like Micah Parsons etc. We can't completely dismiss the impact of Quinn on Parsons, although we shouldn't over blow it either.

Wade has been around some of the very best and I have never heard a defensive player say anything negative about him. I follow Buffalo closely. Wade wasn't the problem there. It was Ralph Wilson.

• Rickey Jackson, Saints
  • Pat Swilling, Saints
  • Sam Mills, Saints
  • Cornelius Bennett, Bills
  • Bryce Paup, Bills
  • Sam Cowart, Bills
  • Junior Seau, Chargers
  • Shawne Merriman, Chargers
  • DeMarcus Ware, Cowboys
  • Von Miller, Broncos
Here is a list of LBs that didn't make the Pro Bowl but were considered very good players. Some like Haggan didn't reach their peak under Phillips, but eventually developed into solid players.

• John Holecek, Bills
  • Keith Newman, Bills
  • Takeo Spikes, Bills (notable player though his Pro Bowl selections came before and after Phillips' tenure)
  • Mario Haggan, Broncos
  • Danny Trevathan, Broncos (emerged as a key player towards the end of Phillips' tenure with Denver and afterwards)
  • Bradie James, Cowboys
  • Anthony Spencer, Cowboys (had a Pro Bowl season in 2012, after Phillips' tenure)
  • Kevin Burnett, Chargers
  • Stephen Cooper, Chargers
There really aren't too many coaches who have coached and influenced the careers of a holistic group of LBs as well as Wade. He's not the only one, but he is among them.
Wade had an excellent scheme, he was a solid DC for the most part.

But he also didnt pick most of those LB's, somebody else did.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why are we talking Wade? Why do you folks want to torment me and the remianing fan base? I don't even give a shit about this team or next season. MM is now officially trash in my book. Any HC with any pride or leadership ability doesn't accept Zimmer as DC. No way, no how.....he's dead man (HC) walking and it's his fault. He could have quit with what little dignity he had left.

Bottom line is next year will be a total wash and Zimmer will be made HC. It's Jerry's MO. Wash, rinse and repeat. And fuck anyone who supports the Zimmer hire acting as if he was never here and we didn't bash his D constantly. He couldn't leave soon enough back then and now he's back and folks are looking at is as something positive. Jerry loves you.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why are we talking Wade? Why do you folks want to torment me and the remianing fan base? I don't even give a shit about this team or next season. MM is now officially trash in my book. Any HC with any pride or leadership ability doesn't accept Zimmer as DC. No way, no how.....he's dead man (HC) walking and it's his fault. He could have quit with what little dignity he had left.

Bottom line is next year will be a total wash and Zimmer will be made HC. It's Jerry's MO. Wash, rinse and repeat. And fuck anyone who supports the Zimmer hire acting as if he was never here and we didn't bash his D constantly. He couldn't leave soon enough back then and now he's back and folks are looking at is as something positive. Jerry loves you.
Supposedly Zimmer was the first person McCarthy reached out to after Quinn was made official in Washington.

Relax Amigo. Zimmer is not going to be the next HC (unless its a temporary interim gig)

If next season is the dumpster fire we are all kind of expecting now, 2025 will have an entirely new staff here. I just hope the new staff isnt chained to #4, otherwise it's likely the rest of this decade will be just like the previous 2 1/2 decades.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Supposedly Zimmer was the first person McCarthy reached out to after Quinn was made official in Washington.

I don't believe that. Not for one second. Not one......

Relax Amigo. Zimmer is not going to be the next HC (unless its a temporary interim gig)

This one is going to leave a mark from which you'll never recover...........

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't believe that. Not for one second. Not one......

This one is going to leave a mark from which you'll never recover...........
The part about McCarthy calling Zimmer first was reported by most of the people who covered the team, incl David Moore.

No way is a then 68 yr old Zimmer going to become the permanent HC. I guess I would qualify that with saying if we started out bad, McCarthy gets dumped and Zimmer takes over on interim basis and leads the team on a real postseason run, maybe he gets some consideration. We all know a "real postseason run" aint happening. If the season starts out bad, it is going to be epic bad.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The big problem with Zimmer is we don't have the personnel to run his scheme. Which might be good, there's several players on this D who frankly aren't worth a shit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The big problem with Zimmer is we don't have the personnel to run his scheme. Which might be good, there's several players on this D who frankly aren't worth a shit.
He'll need a couple of decent LB's (we might have one of Overshown is healthy, big if). I think he needs to strongly consider the younger safeties (hopefully Kearse leaves via FA but Hooker especially isnt a fit because he doesnt have any real range or playmaking ability at FS). He's going to love Odiggy at 3T. Parsons is obviously a fit for any scheme. Lawrence is clearly a fit. Sam Williams could probably be a bigtime fit if he gets his head screwed on right. If they keep Gilmore (who says he wants to stay) the CB position is loaded. Especially if Diggs is 100% by training camp as they anticipate.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
sounds like zim really loves the idea that al harris is staying on staff because mccarthy says so

Top Bottom