dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Offseason officially underway now. This thread open for business.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The case for Houston OC Bobby Slowick as new HC in Dallas.

1) Bright young offensive mind from both Shanahan's coaching tree in San Fran (also worked for father Mike in Washington)

2) Offensive assistant for Kyle Shanahan 2019-2022, including passing game coordinator in 2022

3) OC and playcaller for Houston and brilliantly coached/developed CJ Stroud into one of leagues best QB's as a rookie

4) Father Bob Slowick was on Jimmy Johnson's staff in Dallas, 1992. Followed Dave Wannstedt to Chicago as DC the following season. So the Jones' "know" Slowick and his family.

5) Was on the San Fran staff that scouted and drafted Trey Lance

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With today in mind, this is just like that I have a Dream speech. Really inspirational stuff here.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone have a read on how many comp picks we might get? Otherwise, we are going to have a rough draft.

I just did a mock and traded back twice and out of round one to pick up more picks. I took QB McCarthy with the round 2 pick.

Then went with 2 DTs in a row, both currently rated in the 50s because who knows about friggin Mazi. If your strength is supposed to be your strength then it's hard to say "just give him a year in the weight room" which is at least a year one excuse for some rookies.

I think Schoonmaker will develop. He had a few moments. Fergie was obviously the man in the TE room, but I have a good feeling about Schoonmaker.

Overshawn, I hope so. People are putting a lot of stock in pre-season. I'm not saying he will suck or he will be great. I've just seen a lot of pre-season wonders who didn't amount to much. But I'm hoping.

Plus, as we've seen with Gallup, it can take a while, if maybe ever, for the player to truly find his form again. Same concern with Diggs.

Diggs might not return to his ball-hawking form until maybe mid-season at best.

I think Quinn leaves this time because he sees the writing on the wall.

I do think Jerry wants to win. He has more than enough money. But, I think he no longer has the balls to be bold. They've shriveled up. He'll resign Dak and ride with him UNLESS a guy with cred like Belichick says, "Here's my plan".

I really do not want McCarthy back. Unlike some, I'm not impressed by 12 wins each year. As I wrote in another post, at the end of the day, it is not much different from being 8 and 8 with the very last game of the season determining if you win the division and go to the playoffs.

But, at least to me, it's worse because we had the better team! We should not have lost yesterday, at least not the way we did.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
I really do not want McCarthy back. Unlike some, I'm not impressed by 12 wins each year. As I wrote in another post, at the end of the day, it is not much different from being 8 and 8 with the very last game of the season determining if you win the division and go to the playoffs.

But, at least to me, it's worse because we had the better team! We should not have lost yesterday, at least not the way we did.
Tell that to Prescott & that depleted Defense of Quinn's. BOTH, never consistent. Not to mention the dropped passes, penalties. Always easy tossing the HC under tge bus when he has no control of the players performance on the field.

Not MM's fault. I'd rather have those 12 wins AND 2 division titles in three seasons then Garrett's 8 wins fiasco.

Prescott doesn't get a free pass any longer. He literally cost Dallas 3 consecutive post-season losses. He's #1 who needs to go. And take all his stats & awards w/him! 😡

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Does anyone have a read on how many comp picks we might get? Otherwise, we are going to have a rough draft.
Definitely 2, maybe 3.

Connor McGovern and Dalton Schultz should net a couple of 4th rounders. Noah Brown could net a 6/7th rounder although that might be wiped out because of the Chuma Edoga signing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Definitely 2, maybe 3.

Connor McGovern and Dalton Schultz should net a couple of 4th rounders. Noah Brown could net a 6/7th rounder although that might be wiped out because of the Chuma Edoga signing.
OTC is projecting a 5th and 6th and 7th, but I've seen some projections where it was 5th and two 6th.

McGovern signed a pretty strong deal but I believe Schultz and Brown were only 1yr deals.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The case for The Hoodie as next HC:

1) Tremendous record for success in the regular & postseason. Close to becoming all-time winningest coach

2) Proven elite NFL defensive strategist with innate ability to take away other teams proven weapons

3) 100% no nonsense approach, perfectionist. Would bring a whole new approach to football to every aspect of football in Dallas

4) Brings a more hard nosed, physical mentality to the game for us, something we have not had since Parcells was here

5) Teams are traditionally very well disciplined, rarely beat themselves with mistakes

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's no wonder this team pisses the bed so easily at the first sign of trouble.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I bet Jimmy and The Tuna are both on the horn with Jerruh and Spawn today urging him to bring Hoodie in

Top Bottom