bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Two knee surgeries now. He'll probably be 75% of what we've seen before.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The problem is, these terms are relative. "Franchise" and "elite" get thrown around and used interchangeably.

There's a couple dozen franchise quarterbacks and only three or four truly elite ones, right now today.

Example: nobody's gonna say Tom Brady is an elite arm talent. He's not. But with 7 rings, he's called elite and there's no argument. He just plain outworks everybody. GOAT.

On the other hand you have Mahomes who none would argue isn't elite. Has one ring. Should have more but the problem daboyz points out rears its ugly head - he can't do it alone.

A franchise QB is one who's a B to B+ arm talent, who's reliable and not prone to bonehead turnovers. And most preferably plays for B money so you can build around him.

Aaron Rodgers - A+ arm talent. Can't do shit because he demanded no less than record money and his team can't afford him any help. Considered elite.

When I talk about franchise QB's, I'm not talking about salaries (and I don't know where you get a couple dozen from). That much should be obvious with my feelings on Prescott. Right now the NFL is devoid of top tier QB talent, especially with Brady and Rodgers toward the tail end of their careers. Hurts is playing well but I won't crown him the franchise. Danny Jones? Not even close. Tui in Miami? Not yet. Stafford? Not playing like it. It's a watered down league.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When I talk about franchise QB's, I'm not talking about salaries (and I don't know where you get a couple dozen from). That much should be obvious with my feelings on Prescott. Right now the NFL is devoid of top tier QB talent, especially with Brady and Rodgers toward the tail end of their careers. Hurts is playing well but I won't crown him the franchise. Danny Jones? Not even close. Tui in Miami? Not yet. Stafford? Not playing like it. It's a watered down league.
"Elite" and "Franchise" are two different things. Dak is a franchise QB, but not elite by any stretch. Him and a couple dozen others in the league.

You have elite QBs not playing well but it's with good reason. Doesn't mean they're not still elite. Every QB throughout history has had his bad years, his off years.

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
I have a gut feeling Dallas is signing him. If they do, it will be interesting how Moore's playbook reacts.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Two knee surgeries now. He'll probably be 75% of what we've seen before.
He just turned 30. He hasnt had a 1000 yd season since 2019 and he's scored only 12 tds in the last 4 years. He's been hurt a ton and has a horrible rep in the locker room. To me he clearly isnt worth the trouble, even if they signed him for peanuts.

Top Bottom