dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
According to Field Yates, Saturday is the first person in history of NFL to land a HC job after not having been a college or pro coach.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I am starting to think that this MIGHT be the yr we break the 2+ decade streak of mediocrity and make a run in the postseason.

Long way to go in season and we need an injury prone team to show they can get healthy and stay that way, but there are some things you can look at right now and have reason for optimism.

The next three games we will learn A LOT about this team. (at Packers, at Vikings, NYG on Turkey Day)

this has to be the shittiest bunch of teams the NFC has had in decades, iggles have a shot at 15+ wins with this garbage

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
Isn't that exactly what you did? Precisely.......
For starters I wasn't even talking to you. Secondly, type in English. I have no idea what a sacred cow is? Thirdly, if you honestly think it's a quarterback that takes a team to championships & not the coaching staff & defenses, you're obviously as dumb as your posts are. I loathe stupidity, no need to read any more of your hideous posts. Ignore ignited!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For starters I wasn't even talking to you. Secondly, type in English. I have no idea what a sacred cow is? Thirdly, if you honestly think it's a quarterback that takes a team to championships & not the coaching staff & defenses, you're obviously as dumb as your posts are. I loathe stupidity, no need to read any more of your hideous posts. Ignore ignited!

You're a pussy. When you post on an open forum and make a statment, you're talking to everyone. So I responded in perfect English which obviously escapes you. If you can't handle any critique, comments or pushback, stay off the internet. It can be a tough place for sensitive snowflakes.

Franschise QB's carry their teams to the championship. Sure there are outliers, but there's a reason franchise QB's elevate their game in the playoffs and Superbowl. Of course it's a team game you dolt. Of course defense and coaching are important, you dolt. But nothing happens without the most important and critical position on the field that commands the most money and attention.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Franschise QB's
The problem is, these terms are relative. "Franchise" and "elite" get thrown around and used interchangeably.

There's a couple dozen franchise quarterbacks and only three or four truly elite ones, right now today.

Example: nobody's gonna say Tom Brady is an elite arm talent. He's not. But with 7 rings, he's called elite and there's no argument. He just plain outworks everybody. GOAT.

On the other hand you have Mahomes who none would argue isn't elite. Has one ring. Should have more but the problem daboyz points out rears its ugly head - he can't do it alone.

A franchise QB is one who's a B to B+ arm talent, who's reliable and not prone to bonehead turnovers. And most preferably plays for B money so you can build around him.

Aaron Rodgers - A+ arm talent. Can't do shit because he demanded no less than record money and his team can't afford him any help. Considered elite.

Top Bottom