dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way, after last week Zoner-tards were crowing left and right that we should not have wasted a 3rd rd pick on Jalen Tolbert and should have drafted, yep. A KICKER, this kicker.

Crickets from Zoner-tards this week for this:

Chubb's gaffe wasn't the only big mistake the Browns made. Last week's hero for the Browns, Cade York, definitely wasn't the hero this week. The Browns would have had 31 points at the end of the game, but York missed the extra point following Chubb's touchdown. The missed kick left the Browns in front by just 13 points, which helped open the door for the Jets comeback.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wonder if it's gonna be here.

I don't buy this BS. The guy is a good DC. No doubt about it. But he also has, arguably, the most dominant defensive player in the NFL. I don't think he lit the world on fire in Atlanta but if someone offers an assistant coach a HC position, they should probably take it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Packers dont have any WR's and the Bears dont have any offensive talent.

That's why.
Actually no, most of the time both teams were running the gadget spread stuff the whole football world now uses. Somehow still racking up the pass yards even without superstars.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Actually no, most of the time both teams were running the gadget spread stuff the whole football world now uses. Somehow still racking up the pass yards even without superstars.
Admittedly I didnt watch 10 seconds of the game, I was responding to your comment.

"Seen both the Bears and GB trying to one-up each other with use of I -formation power football plays from the frikkin 60s. 65 toss power trap even got ran. I may have been the only person recognizing what was going on. It did my heart good to see these young coaches keeping this old school power football alive."

According to the box score the lowly Bears ran 27 times and passed 11 (because they have a lousy QB and passing game) and the Packers ran it 28 times and passed 25, most likely a combination of Packers WR's being lousy and Bears defense inability to stop the run. The two teams combined for nearly 400 yds rushing.

So which of your comments is accurate?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So which of your comments is accurate
Both. The Bores were running out of the spread quite a lot, even idiotically tried a qb sneak from the pistol!

The I formation stuff was one upmanship, started in the first qtr when the Bears used it first. Then GB gave them their reciept. And the tit for tat continued off and on the rest of the night. Bores should have just stuck with it because truly, their QB is terrible as a passer.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't buy this BS. The guy is a good DC. No doubt about it. But he also has, arguably, the most dominant defensive player in the NFL. I don't think he lit the world on fire in Atlanta but if someone offers an assistant coach a HC position, they should probably take it.

And there's nothing wrong with those coaches, guys that are better coordinators than head coaches. We had some of those under Jimmy. Almost none of Belichick's coordinators or key assistants ever amount to jackshit as a HC.

That said, Romo didn't exactly have an overly prophetic statement. Quinn garnered a lot of interest this past offseason and no doubt will again next year.

My question is if Jones sees it as a lock Quinn is gone and we have another successful defensive season (or hopefully even improved) would he keep McCarthy with anything short of a championship game appearance and the expense of losing Quinn? (honestly I'd say Super Bowl if I was wagering money)

I have a theory that I have no proof of, other than reading tea leaves and doing a 1+1=3 guesstimate. I think Jones really wanted to fire McCarthy after the playoff loss to SF but he let Spawn 1 and Spawn 2 talk him out of it. By ALL accounts of the original hiring those two clods had to really sell Daddy on McCarthy to begin with, and during the season and after the playoffs Jones was clearly disgusted with McCarthy over the penalties and lack of overall team discipline. He also saw how the team responded on the road in New Orleans with Quinn as the sit-in HC. By many accounts, it was also Jerruh who insisted McCarthy hire Quinn and dump his loser DC Nolan the prior yr.

We shall see after the season I suppose. But I do think there's a real chance Quinn might end up HC here.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't know if his hands are worth a shit even. Can't even explain why he was drafted.
It seems to me like there's an unwritten unspoken kind of "affirmative action" going on with the QB position. Skin color being rated higher than actual skills and talent. Only way to explain the horrid black quarterbacks we're seeing. Can't tell me the kid in SF that they gave up three first round picks to move up to get, was actually ever all that coveted. You watch him play and it's obvious he's not worth a fuck, and never gonna BE worth a fuck, even after the years of great coaching he's been getting.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

I agree with you. Quinn WAS a head coach, and during his tenure the Falcons had some awful defenses. Now it is possible that Quinn may have learned a few things after losing his job in Atlanta, but that remains to be seen. Perhaps his ability to focus on defense is why his defense in Dallas has been successful - and yes, Micah Parsons is a huge part of that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think we'll miss a beat with Ferguson. We may even improve our run blocking from the TE position. Schultz is fucking pitiful.
Ferguson is a better blocker but Schultz is an excellent receiving TE. He runs great routes and catches everything. He also has 2+ years of starting exp now to go with really solid production.

He'll be missed some, especially if Lamb is injured now (and may be limited) and Gallup isnt quite ready to return, or limited once he does return.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with you. Quinn WAS a head coach, and during his tenure the Falcons had some awful defenses. Now it is possible that Quinn may have learned a few things after losing his job in Atlanta, but that remains to be seen. Perhaps his ability to focus on defense is why his defense in Dallas has been successful - and yes, Micah Parsons is a huge part of that.
He didnt have the kind of talent he had in Seattle, or even here on defense with the Falcons. He had a few decent players but didnt have any elite players IMO.

I'm not sure what sort if input he had on building their roster. Here in Dallas it appears his voice does carry some weight when it comes to drafting guys or signing guys.

Top Bottom