icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah...it's why I didn't specifically attribute it to Dak. And even if it was Dak, I can see where he made the mistake. But if it's Calvin......I expect more from a media member whose job is to write. No biggie though. I just found it funny and odd at the same time.
the dak/calvin thing just reminded me of damon wayans on in living color

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Never......and, unfortunately, it's about all we have to cling to 30 years later.

But when I watch the highlights I'm still amazed at Aikman's arm strength and accuracy. We've really seen some great QB's come through Dallas.
Irvin says it all the time, nobody could spin it like Troy

Some of the stuff of what he did in practices (when we had REAL practices) is legendary. I was out there for several days of camp in 1992 and literally the ball did not touch the ground unless one of our receivers dropped it (which also didnt happen much). These were live football practices in pads and real tackling, and he never missed.

And then there's William Tell stuff.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Could it possibly be that Mayfield this whole time has merely been a kid waiting for the right coach/team?
Since going to the Rams his passer rating is up into the mid 90s, completion percentage upper 60s... TD to INT ratio is good... He's been playing well. Almost like coaching matters some.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Irvin says it all the time, nobody could spin it like Troy

Some of the stuff of what he did in practices (when we had REAL practices) is legendary. I was out there for several days of camp in 1992 and literally the ball did not touch the ground unless one of our receivers dropped it (which also didnt happen much). These were live football practices in pads and real tackling, and he never missed.

And then there's William Tell stuff.

Madden used to talk about it all the time and you could tell he really liked this team even before they were perennial SB champs. He had an eye for talent, from the QB, to the RB, to the OL. He said Aikman was going to be a great one and the ball never hit the ground in practice. Incredible.....

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Since going to the Rams his passer rating is up into the mid 90s, completion percentage upper 60s... TD to INT ratio is good... He's been playing well. Almost like coaching matters some.
He's had 1 good game, against a team that completely quit and then fired the coach.

He was pretty lousy last week against the Chargers. He was terrible for most of his 1st game and also terrible against Green Bay.

He will never amount to anything as a regular starter, he's a fucking idiot.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Will the rookie QB for Worshton whom nobody has video or book on, gonna shred us for 455 yards and three TDs?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man you folks have such little faith in Dak. No, we're not losing to Sam Howell or whatever his name is. The only time this should even be a question is if you lose your starting QB (if he's a true franchise).

It all comes down to the QB......ask me in the playoffs.

Top Bottom