Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You noticed that too lol. Which was which?!

I had no idea. I still don't even after BB's pic. I'm guessing the person on the right is the father. But maybe they're both female? No clue.....I mean, their kid is playing in an NFL game and not a smile. That household must have been full of joy growing up.....

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Even when he threw the TD pass there was barely a flicker of emotion. Not even a Garrett-esque polite hand clap. I'm sure inside they were bursting with pride.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's what I look at on that play. One read. Just one. Never took his eyes off the receiver and just stared him down. Decent throw into a crowded area. He did the same thing on the INT. He knows where he's going to go with the ball pre-snap. This isn't bad but a good DC will confuse a one read QB.
Dude was wide open and he made a perfect throw. Nobody was near him.

He read the defense perfectly and couldn't have walked down there and handed the ball to him any better. Hendershot just fucked up. We have a whole team of guys like that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's what I look at on that play. One read. Just one. Never took his eyes off the receiver and just stared him down. Decent throw into a crowded area. He did the same thing on the INT. He knows where he's going to go with the ball pre-snap. This isn't bad but a good DC will confuse a one read QB.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And we went 3 straight games without a single sack

4209aa7987e4047a07ec75a42d8baf19.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
One. Read. QB.......
Every QB in the league and in college makes the throw when the first read is there. Going all the way back to the beginnings of the west coast passing game concepts, Ken Anderson of the Bengals. You'll notice it when you start looking for it.

He's supposed to make a show of looking around when his guy is miles open? Using extra time to make it more fair?

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Not sure what I should make of this whataboutery from Sturm. Is it supposed to reassure me that other teams (good teams too) are equally adept at giving the ball to the opposition? Are we supposed to just shrug our shoulders and accept it? I'd rather we find a way to take more care of the football while staying aggressive. It can be done (see Jimmy's Cowboys from the early 90s).

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every QB in the league and in college makes the throw when the first read is there. Going all the way back to the beginnings of the west coast passing game concepts, Ken Anderson of the Bengals. You'll notice it when you start looking for it.

He's supposed to make a show of looking around when his guy is miles open? Using extra time to make it more fair?

But Dak will make it even if it's not there. That's the difference. That's why I said it isn't always bad.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dak will make it even if it's not there
Tighter windows, another part of today's passing game. Idea being to get the ball out quicker.

DOES lead to quarterbacks getting baited at times. Ask Mahomes. Ask any of the top guys.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not sure what I should make of this whataboutery from Sturm. Is it supposed to reassure me that other teams (good teams too) are equally adept at giving the ball to the opposition? Are we supposed to just shrug our shoulders and accept it? I'd rather we find a way to take more care of the football while staying aggressive. It can be done (see Jimmy's Cowboys from the early 90s).
We are a mistake prone team, in all phases of the game. Have been since Jimmy left, truth be told.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

By the way this used to be called "alligator arms" and it was our opponents afraid of Charlie Waters and Cliff Harris so they would keep their elbows in lookin like a T-Rex trying to catch the ball by letting it get into the body. Gonna bounce off and available to be intercepted.

Rookie Hendershot needs coached.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I had no idea. I still don't even after BB's pic. I'm guessing the person on the right is the father. But maybe they're both female? No clue.....I mean, their kid is playing in an NFL game and not a smile. That household must have been full of joy growing up.....
For some reason "non-binary" came to mind for me

Or some other woke stupid shit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
One. Read. QB.......
Well, he made the right read and delivered the ball perfectly there.

I get your point amigo, sometimes his one read stuff is a detriment. But that was not an example of that at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We are a mistake prone team, in all phases of the game. Have been since Jimmy left, truth be told.
Not only that, but no accountability for said mistakes.

Jimmy ran a football program the way it should have been. The Jones' turned it into a clown show after he left and nobody has run it the right way. I think Parcells tried, but he was washed up by the time we got him and a shell of his former self from NYG and NE.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Jimmy would've a) cut Joseph à la Curvin Richards, and b) made that an extremely uncomfortable plane ride home. We're a loooong way from those days.

Top Bottom