Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So if Minnesota loses today and philly loses next week and Dallas wins against the redskins, they will be top seed, right????

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Correct.
How'd you reach this conclusion?

I cant find anything discussing tiebreakers for the top seed, the stuff I've read always says division tiebreaker which is a bit confusing in this instance

SF is undefeated in their division and have a better conference record, I think they have the same record in common opponents so I cant see where Dallas gets the edge

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How'd you reach this conclusion?

I cant find anything discussing tiebreakers for the top seed, the stuff I've read always says division tiebreaker which is a bit confusing in this instance

SF is undefeated in their division and have a better conference record, I think they have the same record in common opponents so I cant see where Dallas gets the edge
I hadn't taken San Francisco into account, was just looking at Philly and Minnesota. But if SF doesn't pull their heads out of their asses against the Raiders, the scenario Kirk asked about would be back in play.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yeah I was wrong about this, I misread a ticker blurb. They're still alive.
GB are guaranteed a playoff spot if they beat the Lions. Seattle need a win (at home to the Rams) and a GB loss. The Lions need to beat GB and a Seattle loss. This is all excluding the possibility of ties of course.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My phone is extremely silent right now. All the Vikings fans I know are either hiding or drinking heavily... :ROFLMAO:

Tell me about it

We were out doing our annual pub crawl on the Rose Parade Route and my wife said the Vikings are beating the shit out of GB (she had a view of the tv and I didn’t)

SO I texted my buddy who is a huge Viking fan and said congrats, one step closer to clinching the #1 overall seed

And I get a text back “fuck you”

Then I looked at the score board at the next bar we went to and realized my wife had the scores backwards and that it was the Vikings getting shitstomped

My friend still hasn’t responded to me. ROFLMFAO!

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Commanders' new mascot looks like he belongs in a cheap '80s horror movie, or an Adam Sandler sports movie...
May be an image of text that says 'LR 03 3 W FOXNFL FOX 17 COMMANDERS W ELIMINATED'

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

It could be worse

They could have shit water raining down on their heads from a busted sewage pipe

Oh my bad, that was a couple weeks ago

Home games in Washington are always something special to look forward to

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Pissburg gots they guy. Proved it last week in the cold and just now did the impossible TD drive in Biltmoar.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So if Minnesota loses today and philly loses next week and Dallas wins against the redskins, they will be top seed, right????
We lose a tie breaker to San Fran. We needed them to lose once (they nearly lost yesterday to a 1st time starting QB for Raiders)

Philly has to lose or nothing else matters. If that happens and we win, we will likely be the 2nd seed and play Green Bay, Detroit or Seattle. The only way we can be the top seed now is for 1) Philly loses to NYG, 2) San Fran loses at home vs Arizona and 3) we beat Washington

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way, I don't like any of the matchups if we win the division. All those teams that are playing for the 7th seed are playing eons better than us right now. We didnt play very well v Detroit and lost at Green Bay already. Seattle would be a match up nightmare for us I think with their ability to run and throw.

We're either playing a team with a QB we've never beaten or 1 of these 7th seeds and I don't see us winning regardless of who it is.

Top Bottom