Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Cowboys opened as 9 1/2 pint favorites, it went up to 10 1/2 after the Colts lost to Pittsburgh Monday night. I know people who are tempted to bet those big lines. I personally wouldn't...but sometimes I'll be damn tempted to predict it. Matt Ryan's sputtering on fumes, and their defense isn't the worst, but they're not nearly good enough. Cowboys 34 Colts 23

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This was a much anticipated season opener in 1978, but Colts QB Bert Jones got hurt during preseason and missed the game. The Colts had been one of the AFC's better teams for 2 or 3 years prior and of course we won the Super Bowl in 1977.

But this MNF was a one sided blowout. We had almost 600 yards offense in this game and scored 38 pts despite having 3 turnovers (all in the first qtr IIRC). Our infamous PK Rafael Septian made his Cowboys debut and was awful that night. He missed at least 2 fg's in the game including 1 from the 1 or 2 yd line.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jacksonville is better than their 4-7 record would indicate (they are the only team in the league with a losing record that has a + points differential) and Trevor Lawrence is showing real signs of turning into the type of #1 overall pick QB people thought he'd be.

That said, there's an outside chance we will be double digit favorites in 3 straight games. The Colts game has moved to double digits and Houston is already a 14.5 underdog. Would have to do research but a team being double digit favorites in 3 straight games is not all that common.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No one knows Matt Ryan better than DQ

I almost feel sorry for Matty Ice. He is going to have a real rough day this Sunday. I feel a ton of coverage pressure coming his way.

If we can slow down the run and get ahead early so Matt Ryan needs to throw than it’s going to make for the perfect storm where we can rush the QB all day long.

Top Bottom