dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
AND BY FAR THE WORST BLURB AFTER THE GAME.

Jason Garrett is envious.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Cowboys as a franchise were 195-0 when going into the 4th quarter by 14 point lead.

Not anymore

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Okay, who are you, and what have you done with the real Dbair?
I mean, when I was 12 and shit, I'd always blame the refs for everything. I fucking grew up and now there's another adult at DCU.

Yes the officiating in the NFL is terrible. It always has been. Is there some ref bias against Dallas? Well fuck no, they're no more or any less incompetent in our games than in any other given game. Jimmy Johnson said it best, "you have to be good enough to overcome bad officiating and not let it affect the outcome."

And we're not. And haven't been since Jimmy left.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They played an injury ransacked team coming off 5 straight losses. That same team managed 57 TOTAL points in their previous 4 games. And we come to town, and make the Packers look like some offensive juggernaut that scores a season high 31 pts (first time this year they managed more than 27) and over 200 yds rushing. Aaron Rodgers was bumbling through his worst season ever, and posted an astronomically high 146.3 rating against us. (he wasnt close to that in ANY game this season). The secondary made a rookie WR that had looked like a mammoth bust all yr morph into Randy Moss in his prime. (4 catches, 107 yds and three tds). The team with the "dominant" pass rush in football managed two sacks and a total of two QB hits the entire game. They literally stopped maybe 3 running plays the entire game. I don't care to ever hear about Dan Quinn being some sort of genius coordinator or ideal HC anymore. This is two straight fucking GARBAGE DEFENSIVE EFFORTS in which they've given up 60 pts and nearly 500 yds of rushing, against two lousy fucking teams
Actually this is almost verbatim my reasoning for picking GB but just couldn't bring myself to post it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I mean, when I was 12 and shit, I'd always blame the refs for everything. I fucking grew up and now there's another adult at DCU.

Yes the officiating in the NFL is terrible. It always has been. Is there some ref bias against Dallas? Well fuck no, they're no more or any less incompetent in our games than in any other given game. Jimmy Johnson said it best, "you have to be good enough to overcome bad officiating and not let it affect the outcome."

And we're not. And haven't been since Jimmy left.
Except Jerry wore a "blind ref" costume for Halloween and was disciplined by the league. Maybe the real refs took umbrage.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Except Jerry wore a "blind ref" costume for Halloween and was disciplined by the league. Maybe the real refs took umbrage.
That gave me a much needed belly laugh today! Thanks!

They said "yeah, but let's wait until overtime and we'll get the old sumbitch!"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Except Jerry wore a "blind ref" costume for Halloween
But this is exactly why we have problems getting penalized all the time - we waste time and energy arguing with and disputing the calls, then come home and grumble about how they're all against us, when the fucking better teams actually correct their fucking mistakes and issues! This shit comes down from the top.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
There's no question they got away with a horrible PI on that play, it should have been called.

That said, it should have never got to that point. He should be spending more time bashing his defensive coordinator and defensive players about why they can't stop the fucking run worth a damn.
We shouldn't use it as an excuse for losing, but refs don't get to make bad calls just because we blew a 14 point lead. Those calls would have been equally egregious at 0-0.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
refs don't get to make bad calls
Yes, they do. Happens multiple times every Sunday, Monday and Thursday. They're held to account, allegedly.

But, this is what we've always had year in and year out for fifty years. The better teams m a n a g e it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We shouldn't use it as an excuse for losing, but refs don't get to make bad calls just because we blew a 14 point lead. Those calls would have been equally egregious at 0-0.
Don't get me wrong, it's certainly possible the no call there cost us the game, we don't know for sure but it was a huge play and it was obvious PI.

I still think if we were a really GOOD team, it would have never come to that. Two td lead going into the 4th qtr against a bad football team shouldn't equate to a game going into OT.

And as an aside, while it was not as obvious when it happened, we actually got away with one ourselves when the ref missed Steele's false start on the long TD to Lamb. It was really only visible from the front side (which is where they showed the replay) but the ref on the sideline couldn't see it live. It was def a false start though. (I think that play happened on a 1st down, so we might have still scored anyway but nobody knows)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, they do. Happens multiple times every Sunday, Monday and Thursday. They're held to account, allegedly.
They are definitely NOT held accountable, otherwise many would be terminated with some of the stuff that's been seen.

And the answer to why they are so bad is NOT incompetence. Some of the missed calls or non-calls are clearly intentional and as I have said for years, it's due to gambling IMO.

Top Bottom