dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

While the rosters have not been anywhere near the 91-95 teams, I would agree with Woodson's take that they've put together some pretty good football teams (he is talking about the talent ;level).

However that statement alone reinforces how bad the coaching has been. Yes you need talent, but when the talent is there and it constantly underachieves, that's on the coaching.

We haven't had good coaching since Jimmy left.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think that was true when we didn't get the job done in 2016. Best chance we had in the last 25 years.
The 2007, 2009 and 2014 teams were all as good as 2016, especially 2007 when the team had bookoos of talent on both sides of the ball.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
TIME is the difference for jerruh. Time is the fire in which we burn. It's a predator, stalking us all. Jerruh feels its hot breath on his pimpled ass. He's 80. He knows the predator will soon make the kill and he wants that Lombardi Trophy one last time before that happens. He's not building for the next 5 years down the road. NOW is his meter.
Yeah I agree, he is probably desperate at this point, which is why his show the other day was kind of telling.

I think in his mind, if he knew he could get a bonafide upgrade over McCarthy he might pull the trigger on it now.

He knows with the contracts he has out there for the players that they are committed on that a complete rebuild like 1989 is out of the question, so the only other way to improve is to vastly upgrade the coaching.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Everyone wants to bang on the Cowboys for our cap position for this coming and next offseason, but I just read Aaron Rodgers has a 46.1 million cap charge (by himself) and that the team is currently projected to be 44.8 million OVER the cap, and that's without Devante Adams who is a free agent.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
While the rosters have not been anywhere near the 91-95 teams, I would agree with Woodson's take that they've put together some pretty good football teams (he is talking about the talent ;level).

However that statement alone reinforces how bad the coaching has been. Yes you need talent, but when the talent is there and it constantly underachieves, that's on the coaching.

We haven't had good coaching since Jimmy left.

every team has some talent, Cowboy fans, local media and ownership consistently over value players and then are shocked when they lose the big games.

They should have said no to Zeke on renegotiating his contract or traded him and used that cap space for several players. I also think jeri & spawn are dazzled by shiny things like WR's and RBs like Zeke when the team would be better served by passing on guys like Zeke, having more cap flexibility & leverage by getting a great lineman and a lesser RB.

They dont know how to build a team, build hunger and desire, etc. They're like kids who grew up in getting participation trophies and think they deserve to win, despite being inferior because their daddy tells them their super bowl champs every damn year. This is why they're so shocked when they lose and blame it on penalties but that's human nature as truth can be a hard pill to swallow

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Broncos interviewed 10 head coaching candidates after firing Vic Fangio and they’ve reportedly pared the list down to three contenders.

Mike Klis of KUSA reports that the team’s search is now focused on Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, and Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell. The team has called the other candidates to let them know they are out of the running.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ive seen tweets that hte bronocs have quinn as thier #1 choice

broncos just spent years trying 2 coordinators with no HC experience -fangio and joseph

doesnt look like they are goign to make that same mistake again this coaching cycle

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
ive seen tweets that hte bronocs have quinn as thier #1 choice

broncos just spent years trying 2 coordinators with no HC experience -fangio and joseph

doesnt look like they are goign to make that same mistake again this coaching cycle
The other two finalists are both offensive coordinators with no HC exp

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
MM might not be long for Dallas.....

if so, thats probably some mandate jeri stuck MM with as part of the contract. Gawd knows what kind of bullshit hoops these coaches have to go through to appease jeri & spawn, thats why the #1 & 2 qualifications for coaching the Cowboys are Desperation & Pliability

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if so, thats probably some mandate jeri stuck MM with as part of the contract. Gawd knows what kind of bullshit hoops these coaches have to go through to appease jeri & spawn, thats why the #1 & 2 qualifications for coaching the Cowboys are Desperation & Pliability

My thoughts exactly. I had mentioned the other day that MM is WCO guy and he kept Moore which is weird for a HC to not even install his system. Parcells did it for 1 years with Zimmer before he went 3 - 4 D.

If this is true, this may be a fuck you to Jerry to show him that his padawan apprentice doesn't know shit. And Jerry probably wanted Moore around to keep the O that Dak has been with and feels more comfortable with.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. I had mentioned the other day that MM is WCO guy and he kept Moore which is weird for a HC to not even install his system. Parcells did it for 1 years with Zimmer before he went 3 - 4 D.

If this is true, this may be a fuck you to Jerry to show him that his padawan apprentice doesn't know shit. And Jerry probably wanted Moore around to keep the O that Dak has been with and feels more comfortable with.
And yet there were major changes to the schemes that Moore put in that basically broke the offense. Stuff that like him or not, Garrett wasn't allowing. Might be why he finally was let go, Jerruh can't have any adults in the room reigning back his Boy Wonder.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Clean house from HC on down.

Wouldn't be disappointed to have Quinn and the defensive staff stay but the HC and offensive side need to go.

Top Bottom