dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
WOW. This doesn't sound like the same message as what Spawn was spewing the other day at all.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
WOW. This doesn't sound like the same message as what Spawn was spewing the other day at all.

he'll think about having to eat contracts and do nothing, this is equivalent to looking hard into that stupid mirror of his to make gullible fans think he really gives a shit about serious change

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The NYG are requesting to interview Dan Quinn for their HC position.

That is one team I don’t want him to go to.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The NYG are requesting to interview Dan Quinn for their HC position.

That is one team I don’t want him to go to.
Why?

They don't have any talent and have been more dysfunctional an organization than we have lately.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why?

They don't have any talent and have been more dysfunctional an organization than we have lately.

That is exactly why

Because to want them to stay that way.

We all saw what DQ did with our defense. He took it from what was literally and statistically the historically worst defense in the league to making them not only functional, but effective.

We went from worst in the league in takeaways to first in the league in takeaways in one single season with DQ as the DC. With virtually the same stable of players other than Parsons.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Maybe it's just me but this one will be interesting to watch. If MM was at the end of his contract, you'd have to believe Jerry would make a run at Payton. But Jerry is infamously cheap and doesn't want to pay his coaches when they're no longer on the team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That is exactly why

Because to want them to stay that way.

We all saw what DQ did with our defense. He took it from what was literally and statistically the historically worst defense in the league to making them not only functional, but effective.

We went from worst in the league in takeaways to first in the league in takeaways in one single season with DQ as the DC. With virtually the same stable of players other than Parsons.
Yeah but this team had SOME talent, then added a pretty good draft and a franchise cornerstone player in Micah Parson.

The Giants have also no talent on either side of the ball.

Quinn was also replacing Mike Nolan, who is arguably one of the worst defensive coaches in the history of modern football.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but this one will be interesting to watch. If MM was at the end of his contract, you'd have to believe Jerry would make a run at Payton. But Jerry is infamously cheap and doesn't want to pay his coaches when they're no longer on the team.
Zoners were going on and on saying Payton wouldn't cost must to dislodge from New Orleans because he was in the last yr of his deal.

Then it was revealed in that article today he did indeed have a multi yr deal in place (3 more yrs, something like 45 million+ I believe). The Saints hold all the cards here, so even if Payton wants to walk away it would probably cost us a significant amount of draft capital to get him.

The only coaches I think are really worth paying draft compensation to get are guys like Jimmy and Belichick, and there aint nobody like that sitting out there now.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Zoners were going on and on saying Payton wouldn't cost must to dislodge from New Orleans because he was in the last yr of his deal.

Then it was revealed in that article today he did indeed have a multi yr deal in place (3 more yrs, something like 45 million+ I believe). The Saints hold all the cards here, so even if Payton wants to walk away it would probably cost us a significant amount of draft capital to get him.

The only coaches I think are really worth paying draft compensation to get are guys like Jimmy and Belichick, and there aint nobody like that sitting out there now.

I agree. I'm not into giving up high draft picks for coaches. Although I will say he could help Dak and bring some more structure to the team in a sense that he'd run the team. I still don't know if MM has that authority. He had no history with Moore and kept him, even though he wasn't a WCO coordinator. In any event, the circus will continue into the off season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Now THIS is funny:

Despite having zero coaching experience above the high school level, the 42-year-old longtime signal-caller told Texans brass he's "all in on being their next head coach" and is a "strong candidate" to replace David Culley, who was fired Jan. 13 after just one season atop the staff.

McCown's only official coaching experience came in 2019, when he served as QBs coach for his son's Myers Park High School team in North Carolina -- a role he held while employed by the Eagles as Carson Wentz's backup.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Holy trainwreck Batman, 74 MILLION over the cap?

Saints head coach Sean Payton could take year off, then coach for new team, per report​

Payton has reportedly not committed to coaching another year in New Orleans​

[IMG alt=" Jordan Dajani
"]https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2019/07/30/decfc86e-6a55-4887-809a-4463e0bfa786/thumbnail/80x80/60b06f35eb4d8ff12fe88f20f38971e5/jordan-dajani-500.png[/IMG]

By Jordan Dajani

2 hrs ago1 min read

sean-payton-saints.jpg
Getty Images
The New Orleans Saints are coming off of a tough season, as they went 9-8 and failed to win the NFC South for the first time since 2016. It was the first year without Drew Brees, and while the Saints went 5-2 with Jameis Winston as the new starter, he tore his ACL in Week 8. The Saints would go on to start three other quarterbacks throughout the year. The quarterback issue is still a question, but now, the franchise also has to reportedly worry if their head coach will come back.

On Sunday morning, NFL Media reported that Sean Payton has not committed to returning to coach for another season in New Orleans. He has been on vacation for more than a week, and has reportedly "gone dark" on several people who are close to him. It's thought maybe Payton would take a year off from coaching in 2022, but sources told NFL Media that if Payton did step away for a season, he would likely return to coach with a different team.

Payton has three years remaining on his contract, and he would reportedly be walking away from over $45 million if he wants to be done with the Saints. Current Saints defensive coordinator Dennis Allen is reportedly expected to be a top candidate to replace Payton.

This is a rumor that just adds on to the stress the franchise is under this offseason. Last offseason, the front office won gold in cap gymnastics after digging themselves out of what was considered by many to be an unprecedented hole. This offseason they will have to do it again, as New Orleans is projected to be more than $74 million over the cap. Then, there's the quarterback question. Taysom Hill signed another extension, but would a different coach want to move forward with him as the No. 1 guy? Additionally, the Saints have to make a decision on Winston, who is looking for a new deal. Losing Payton could also hurt New Orleans' chances of wooing a major player like Russell Wilson to the Bayou. The Saints have other big free agents looking for new deals too, such as left tackle Terron Armstead and free safety Marcus Williams.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Saints head coach Sean Payton could take year off, then coach for new team, per reportPayton has reportedly not committed to coaching another year in New Orleans

This would entirely make sense. It gives MM 1 more year to do something and, if not, it would give Payton 2 years with Dak before the end of his contract.

I don't think Payton wants to start over again with a new QB. I'd be all in on Payton......

Top Bottom