icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like I said, pretty telling that the GM they just hired from KC apparently has ZERO interest in Eric Bienemy.

And I don't care that he came late in the process either, if Bienemy was the gem all the media keep saying he is, this guy would absolutely know and would at LEAST slow down the process to bring the guy in for serious discussions.
totally agree

the only thing that would make this false would be if reid/ownership have a wink and nod agreement that bienemy will be KC's next HC once reid retires IF thats happening relatively soon

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
totally agree

the only thing that would make this false would be if reid/ownership have a wink and nod agreement that bienemy will be KC's next HC once reid retires IF thats happening relatively soon
Maybe, and the new GM would probably know.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The worst possible scenario for us is if Dan Quinn moves on and Kellen Moore sticks around as OC.

We need a new OC that will focus on 2 things. He needs to commit to running the damn ball, and he needs to get the ball to our playmakers like Coop, Zeke, and Lamb.

It’s cute and all that Dak threw TD’s to 22 different players, but what he needs to do is get the ball to our playmakers. We pay them for a reason. Use them.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we can only hope that mccarthy and moore are on rental for next year and, hopefully if jerry can dangle enough juicy percocets and hookers, sean payton will finally come back to DAL in 2023 to save us all

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The worst possible scenario for us is if Dan Quinn moves on and Kellen Moore sticks around as OC.

We need a new OC that will focus on 2 things. He needs to commit to running the damn ball, and he needs to get the ball to our playmakers like Coop, Zeke, and Lamb.

It’s cute and all that Dak threw TD’s to 22 different players, but what he needs to do is get the ball to our playmakers. We pay them for a reason. Use them.

Eh, there's some other DC's that can do a good job. He isn't the only one and no matter how much people want to spin it there were still times this year when this defense was not very good. When you come out in a postseason game at home and your team gives up scores the first 4 times the other team gets the ball, and when you cant stop the run a lick against another teams backups that is not good defense. Unless they somehow uncover the next Mike Nolan, the defense will be fine. Joe Whitt can probably be a fine DC, if he somehow leaves too they have George Edwards still on the staff and he was a fine DC for Zimmer in Minnesota. Then there's outside the franchise candidates and I'm sure many would love to land a spot where they have young centerpiece type players in Parsons and Diggs here, along with a number of other really good players.

I do think they need a new play-caller but even more important they need a new OL coach and blocking scheme installed. Maybe McCarthy and Jones talk about the play-calling thing and that goes back to MM (even though he say he doesn't really ant to do it). That still leaves his buddy Philbin though, and I really believe he is the biggest problem with the staff (even more than KM)

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we can only hope that mccarthy and moore are on rental for next year and, hopefully if jerry can dangle enough juicy percocets and hookers, sean payton will finally come back to DAL in 2023 to save us all

Here's the potential dilemma I see. I don't think there's any way we don't replica what we saw this year due to the NFC East being so horrible. If we go 11 and 6, for example, do you then fire the HC of an 11 and 6 playoff team?

Of course, the answer in Dallas will be yes. But it also tells other potential coaches after Payton that no success short of a SB is acceptable and that's a pretty high bar for any HC, especially with Prescott at QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But it also tells other potential coaches after Payton that no success short of a SB is acceptable and that's a pretty high bar for any HC, especially with Prescott at QB.
For good organizations, they all pretty much identify "success" as conference title and Super Bowl appearances.

Its only in the mess that is Jones-world the last 25 yrs or so along with other mediocre to lousy organizations that "success" was finishing at or just above .500 and somehow slipping into the playoffs occasionally.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For good organizations, they all pretty much identify "success" as conference title and Super Bowl appearances.

Its only in the mess that is Jones-world the last 25 yrs or so along with other mediocre to lousy organizations that "success" was finishing at or just above .500 and somehow slipping into the playoffs occasionally.

I hear what you're saying and I should have explained it better. Certainly, SB's are the ultimate goal. But MM is in his second year and finished 12 and 5 in the regular season in his second year. Unless there is stuff going on in the background that we don't know about, it's still tough to fire a HC after year 3 if they've had some success, even if it's short of a SB, just to hire the next shiny toy. In any event, it won't matter. Payton will just be another body for Dak to bury.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hear what you're saying and I should have explained it better. Certainly, SB's are the ultimate goal. But MM is in his second year and finished 12 and 5 in the regular season in his second year. Unless there is stuff going on in the background that we don't know about, it's still tough to fire a HC after year 3 if they've had some success, even if it's short of a SB, just to hire the next shiny toy. In any event, it won't matter. Payton will just be another body for Dak to bury.

Jimmy says hello

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

you got that right, the whole idea is ludicrous!

its like being crazy enough to fire a head coach who won back to back Super Bowls, can you imagine some dumbass ever doing that?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you got that right, the whole idea is ludicrous!

its like being crazy enough to fire a head coach who won back to back Super Bowls, can you imagine some dumbass ever doing that?

I hear you....would it surprise anyone? Absolutely not. And I'll say this. After watching Garrett for years and Garrett led teams, I thought I saw better from MM. We certainly had issues but overall, we played better, especially on D. It's easy to put that all on Dan Quinn but MM gets a thumbs up too.

Next year will be very telling, that's for sure.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hear you....would it surprise anyone? Absolutely not. And I'll say this. After watching Garrett for years and Garrett led teams, I thought I saw better from MM. We certainly had issues but overall, we played better, especially on D. It's easy to put that all on Dan Quinn but MM gets a thumbs up too.

Next year will be very telling, that's for sure.

I'm just messing with you, I actually think jeri is very reticent to make quick changes like that again (he also no longer has contracts with coaches where the coach has the leverage like Jimmy did)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently the Leftwich to Jacksonville thing is in danger of falling through over control of the roster.

It was noted in the Hackett story that he was scheduled to fly into Jacksonville today for an interview, but Denver told him they wanted to get a deal done so he flew back there instead.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
reports said that aaron rodgers liked working with hackett, so maybe rodgers goes to DEN with him

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I get what he (and others like him) are stating, but I think some of this is overplayed a bit. Every NFL Head Coach knows he isnt guaranteed of staying in that position. If anything, something like this should motivate the current HC and staff even more, not "make it harder"

Top Bottom