yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hopefully they are all wrong, but FWIW LaConfora is reporting again this morning that several people within the league believe Jones is going to fire McCarthy and name Moore HC

that would be hilarious, they should sign Johnny football as a backup too

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure if its because of them have ever been asked about their coaches, but not player I have seen has said they hope McCarthy or Moore are back.

I did see where Parsons said postgame he hoped Quinn was back.

Might be somewhat telling.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

With Stephen being the incredible capologist that he is, this simply isnt fair to the rest of the league to give him such a head start

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

With Stephen being the incredible capologist that he is, this simply isnt fair to the rest of the league to give him such a head start

Yeah its going to make for some tough decisions, will be interesting to see who (or how many) becomes a cap "casualty", although I am sure there's a couple of those large deals they could easily restructure to free up some room.

They are gonna need to hit on as many draft picks as possible to offset some of this though for sure.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
While true, I do think there was enough talent there to win at least one, and probably should have won two playoff games. Especially with this one at home and ESPECIALLY after the Niners lost their best defensive player late in the 1st half.

There were no 2nd half offensive adjustments and if there were, they didn't work (again). The defense still cant stop the run or rush the passer with any real consistency. I don't know what the answer is with the penalties but something has to be done, and then there's that debacle of the end of the game.

Jones likes to say now that he made a mistake giving up on Chan Gailey after only two seasons, but that was not true. Gailey was a lousy HC and his offensive system got figured out in a hurry, he had to go. The problem was the person he hired to replace him and the fact that at that time, Jones was the meddler supreme in everything.

After what we saw the 2nd half of this year and yesterday, they should move on from McCarthy but they have to concentrate on getting the RIGHT person in there. If it's Kellen Moore it'll be a massive failure.

I agree with most of your post, especially the first bolded part. I expected them to win yesterday. I really did. And even before Bosa went down. But it just depends which Dak shows up. He can look like an MVP candidate one week and a deer in the headlights the next.

I'm not into firing MM yet. I do think he brought some organizational structure back to the team and I don't think we go 12 and 5 with Garrett at the helm. But I also think he put too much faith and stock in Kellen Moore. And there were some clock management issues that had more to do with game management that shouldn't happen like near the 2 minute warning at the end of the 1st half. 40% HC, 40% O and 20% QB. They had time and no need to rush. You don't need to get a play off before the half, as it just gives the other team an advantage if you don't make a 1st down and you'll give them the ball back. Every person I mentioned should recognize that. Now, I don't know the inner workings of the locker room and what the team thinks of MM. Maybe there are some red flags that we don't hear about. If he fires MM to bring in, say....Jim Harbaugh, I would probably be on board. If Jerry fires MM to promote Moore. I'm done with these idiots. I lived through Garrett long enough to have to waste the remaining few years of my life watching Kellen Moore.

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
how can the most lucrative franchise in america's largest sport miss the most obvious shit some times ? legit ineptitude on national TV prime time home game after prime time home game

• blinding sun coming through the windows
  • ginormous tv screen that effectively blocks our own punts
  • allowing an opposing team to have a large presence during a PLAYOFF game

View attachment 1642449714384.png

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The way the Rams are starting against the cards is how I expected us to start vs the Niners

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
af6e608518653ea1f9df0afa060c3baf.jpg

Top Bottom