Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We're just happy to be relevant, as if not having to rebuild is a badge of honor and somehow shows the prowess of our GM and his spawn. It's really disgusting what Jerry has done to this storied franchise where we are now relegated to being compared tot he Bengals and Browns. The dude can't go soon enough.
Relevence to Jerry is two things, being one of the lead stories on every show and making a profit. Relevence to me is championship contention, or at the very least progress towards that end. One thing's for sure, this one step forward in one area, one step back in another, and spinning our wheels everywhere else crap is not progress in any realistic sense.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That sad part is that the 9ers rebuilt their team multiple times over the last few years. They drafted Kap, went to the SB, cut him and moved on and started all over again. This is the way of the new NFL.

We're just happy to be relevant, as if not having to rebuild is a badge of honor and somehow shows the prowess of our GM and his spawn. It's really disgusting what Jerry has done to this storied franchise where we are now relegated to being compared tot he Bengals and Browns. The dude can't go soon enough.

And if it's true there was a hole in the Texas Stadium roof so God could watch the Cowboys, Jerry's big time fucked in the afterlife.

the bengals just passed Dallas, they're now in the company of the Lions & WFT

did I forget anyone?

The Browns, I forgot them, the Cowboys are very much like them, were dominate in an era and haven't done squat since

Parity masks jeri & spawns ineptitude, the current playoffs show nothing is sure thing in this system so I'll admit I long for a day that will never return even if jeri & spawn were worth a shit

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
As for the comment about penalties, did they ever have 14 penalties in a game when the fat man was HC there?
No, because he didn't have dummies like Connor Williams or Gregory playing for him up there.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
the bengals just passed Dallas, they're now in the company of the Lions & WFT

did I forget anyone?

The Browns, I forgot them, the Cowboys are very much like them, were dominate in an era and haven't done squat since

Parity masks jeri & spawns ineptitude, the current playoffs show nothing is sure thing in this system so I'll admit I long for a day that will never return even if jeri & spawn were worth a shit
Jerry's hoping that Brady retires and Rodgers defects to Pittsburgh or Denver. That will be our path back to glory.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry's hoping that Brady retires and Rodgers defects to Pittsburgh or Denver. That will be our path back to glory.

league wide devastating injuries is their only path to glory and even in that event, its a toss up

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I submit for your review, the December game vs the Cardinals

huh?

are you yapping penalties again?

then really break them down (I haven't by the way).

Look at the number of false starts, offsides and take them out of the mix and then look at what remains and subtract penalties Az received, I suspect the absolute net isnt as great as you think it is and isnt a path to glory if they could just magically disappear (except through discipline and superior talent which would contribute far more to winning than bitching and moaning).

I'm too lazy to look it up but I think Dallas's opponents were like the #1 or 2 most penalized making Dallas a net positive in overall penalty yards or a small negative

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
huh?

are you yapping penalties again?

then really break them down (I haven't by the way).

Look at the number of false starts, offsides and take them out of the mix and then look at what remains and subtract penalties Az received, I suspect the absolute net isnt as great as you think it is and isnt a path to glory if they could just magically disappear (except through discipline and superior talent which would contribute far more to winning than bitching and moaning).

I'm too lazy to look it up but I think Dallas's opponents were like the #1 or 2 most penalized making Dallas a net positive in overall penalty yards or a small negative

Drinking early amigo?

The Cards were missing a ton of guys, and we still flopped miserably at home.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Drinking early amigo?

The Cards were missing a ton of guys, and we still flopped miserably at home.

Oy! not drinking, those days are LOONG gone, I just dont understand what youre trying to say in response to BBgun & I earlier...I'll go drink another cup of coffee and see if I can clue in once you reply to this post because apparently my synapsis haven't kicked in yet

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You're giving him too much credit. Jerry's first thought when anyone says the word glory is a 90's highlight package; that's why things are the way they are today.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Bucs are down by three touchdowns, I'm enjoying the crap out of this game, and the announcers are still getting on my nerves by referencing the Patriots down 28-3 40 something times already...

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This next Rams drive will say a lot about how this game ends up.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That Rams turnover was the most absolute Lions thing that could have happened right then...

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How does an NFL kicker come up short on that kick, especially in a playoff game?

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That was the worst job Ramsey has done in coverage in years, wow...

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I just knew the defense was going to overcommit and screw that up...

Top Bottom