dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
One thing that was going through my mind as I was watching these games is just how far off we are from some of these other teams. I thought earlier in the year that we could hang with the elite teams and now I'm not so sure. Could we really string together a winning streak in the playoffs against some of these teams? I'm just no so sure....not on any level. These new young guns have set a new standard and will be beating each other up in the playoffs for the foreseeable future.

Yeah we regressed badly as the year wore on.

Had the playoffs started after the New England game we'd have fared better, but we clearly arn't there.

The defense still isnt there and is primed to lose at least a couple of very important coaches, and the O and especially OL have serious coaching issues.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Last weekend we were flagged 14 times.

This weekend, all FOUR games combined totaled 29 flags and last nights game between Buffalo and KC had only 4 between them.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So much for defense wins championships.

KC last night- 42pts, 552 yards, 30 first downs, 8/13 on 3rd down, 0 turnovers, moved the ball 44yds in 10 seconds to tie the game at the end.

The Bills defense finished the season #1 in scoring defense, #1 in total defense, #1 in passing defense and #1 in opposing QB rating allowed.

Of the final 4 teams in the playoffs only 1 ranks in top HALF of the league in total defense (San Fran at 4) and only 2 of the 4 rank in the top-10 in scoring defense (KC at 8 and SF at 10)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One thing that was going through my mind as I was watching these games is just how far off we are from some of these other teams. I thought earlier in the year that we could hang with the elite teams and now I'm not so sure. Could we really string together a winning streak in the playoffs against some of these teams? I'm just no so sure....not on any level. These new young guns have set a new standard and will be beating each other up in the playoffs for the foreseeable future.

We couldn’t string 2 dominant games together throughout the regular season. We sure as hell stand zero chance in the playoffs against any of these teams.

All year long when we would have a good or even dominant game we would turn around and shit the bed the following week.

We are nowhere near the level of any of these playoff teams, and that even includes the Bengals.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Last weekend we were flagged 14 times.

This weekend, all FOUR games combined totaled 29 flags and last nights game between Buffalo and KC had only 4 between them.

That is the difference between good disciplined teams and us. It’s also why our team and players are watching the playoffs from their couches just like the Cowboys fan base is.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is an extremely disturbing and disgusting stat

In the Cowboys loss last week to the Niners we tied a post season record high14 penalties

In this past weekends games ALL FOUR winners of the divisional rounds (Chiefs-1,Bengals-6, Rams-4, and Niners-5) had a combined 16 total penalties between all four of teams.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here is an extremely disturbing and disgusting stat

In the Cowboys loss last week to the Niners we tied a post season record high14 penalties

In this past weekends games ALL FOUR winners of the divisional rounds (Chiefs-1,Bengals-6, Rams-4, and Niners-5) had a combined 16 total penalties between all four of teams.

thats because its RIGGED!!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Today is the 26 year anniversary of the last time we won a Super Bowl. Not only that, but it’s the last time we even made it to a Super Bowl.

Let that shit sink in!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Today is the 26 year anniversary of the last time we won a Super Bowl. Not only that, but it’s the last time we even made it to a Super Bowl.

Let that shit sink in!

and I was there!

I told my buddy we had to go because it would be the last Super Bowl we'd ever get to see the Cowboys play in as long as jeri was owner.

I've spent some of the first 15 or so years after jeri fired Jimmy hoping this wasn't the case including twisting my brain into all sorts of fuzzy logic to come up with a way jeri & spawn could be overcome, I even went so far as to place some hope in Garrett for a time :headbang1:. Once that wore off, any hope I could muster was completely gone and now feel certain what I said 26 years ago sadly, still rings true

Top Bottom