dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Never said it did. But none of those are mutually exclusive. The poor officiating is being overshadowed by the poor showing by the Cowboys. But they did have a couple of 1st downs called back and the refs seemed to ignore some obvious penalties on the Cards. No issue of the refs are going to be ticky tacky. Just call it both ways.

It always seems like a flag comes at the most inopportune time.
Truth.

And some of what they "missed" happened right in front of the official. The play I referenced in my OP where the Cards held BOTH Gregory and Lawrence was painfully obvious and the ref was looking right at it. The ref was looking right at Amari Cooper when the Card guy was raping him all the way down the sideline through the end of the play. The refs obviously saw the two or three false starts that everybody could see. The ref was in position to see the Card guy was out of bounds (stopping the clock) instead of saying he was down in bounds.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah this is a real problem and one of the reasons todays loss is so awful. There just wasnt much excuse for it.

I really doubt the majority of these key players for us were honoring any sort of a curfew from this past weekend, regardless of what Prescott said mid-week. They just looked flat and uninspired most of the game.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
there was also a play where the play clock expired but they looked the other way

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm so hoping Dr. Jerry is wrong, though I'm sure it's the case...

They all seem pretty sure.

Definitely didnt look bad when it happened, but you could tell from Gallup's reaction that he knew it was bad.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
there was also a play where the play clock expired but they looked the other way
I cant remember for certain, it was either that play or maybe one before where one or two Cards OL moved and they ignored that too. Half the Cowboys team saw it and pointed and nada from the refs.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah but there's no excuse to miss obvious holding calls right in front of you, false starts, delay of games and saying a guy was down in bounds when he clearly wasnt.
They don't have our excellent closeup, slomo HD view of the shit. As to the delay of game, it was consistent. An official watches the play clock until it reaches zero. He then looks at the ball and if It's not snapped after a beat the flag comes out. Just like us on our 2 point try. They gave us a full second after zero, as FOX so dutifully showed us.

The fumble? Nobody in a striped shirt was in position to see the ball. The player's butt landed out of bounds anyway, we would have lost the challenge.

Old ladies griping about the officials when the real problem is these idiot lazy sloppy players and their fatass slob of a coach.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yep, they COULDNT run. It had nothing to do with not calling it enough like Dooms said.

No excuse for it either.
You're paying your RB top dollar. You obstinately, run the fucking ball. All the good teams do.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The problem is when the same officials who call all that stuff on one side almost completely ignore it on the other side.
Orrrr maybe their guys are better at it, more intelligent about how they go about it? Aren't so fucking sloppy and lazy?

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They all seem pretty sure.

Definitely didnt look bad when it happened, but you could tell from Gallup's reaction that he knew it was bad.
That, and I don't remember the last time anyone was out of the tent and ruled out that quickly.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He wasnt making excuses, he pointed out the obvious.

The officiating was not good Dooms. The team played like shit, but the refs did not do a good job today.
Were the refs perfect? Nope, they rarely if ever are.
Were the refs the primary reason for the Cowboys losing this game? No. The Cardinals beat the Cowboys. And the Cowboys beat the Cowboys. You don't want the refs to matter? Play better.

Top Bottom