Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
As it stands right now with the change in our position in the NFC we would play the Cardinals again in the first round
They played right into our hands then! Whatta goddamn GENIUS Moore is! Bland, overly conservative offensive play calling so as to not show them much lets us run up 50 on 'em in the wildcard game!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, first off hats off to guys like Yim and Dooms, who called it all along.

NEVER FUCKING EVER will I believe in this franchise again after today. You have a chance to make a statement in a game you HAVE to win to have any shot at HFA, and your playing a team coming off 3 lousy losses and missing 4 or 5 key guys, and what do we do? LAY A COMPLETE FUCKING EGG.

Other than Michael Gallup (who is now done for the yr with a torn ACL) there isn't one guy they could look at and say did their job or had a good game today.

1) They will not admit it, but there has to be people in that facility that are concerned over Prescott, not just short term but for the long term. Other than being pretty good vs Atlanta and then playing great last week, he has been pretty awful just about every game the 2nd half of the season. And he was bad again today. He was damn lucky he didnt have 3 or 4 picks (including an easy walk in pick 6 on a play I just absolutely fucking hate). He had one bad fumble and nearly had another one. He misfired badly on several fairly easy throws.

2) What a fucking clunker by this shitpile OL. They got their asses handed to them in just about every way you can think of. Not one of them had a good game run blocking or pass blocking. Obviously we cant see everything that happens every time they come to the sideline, but somebody should have just been tearing a new asshole in that unit after any of those multitude of 3 and outs or bad possessions. These clowns were fucking horrible today.

3) On to the defense, which was fucking equally as putrid. They basically sucked ass almost the entire game, then with a chance to get the ball back to the offense to maybe tie or win the game they let the Cards run out the damn clock. They didn't generate much pass rush the entire despite the Cards missing one of their starting OT's, and couldnt stop the run against a mediocre running team with the game on the line. Jayron Kearse had a chance at an easy pick that would have saved us a FG, and he dropped the fucking ball. Not only did we lose the 3pts, but it also resulted in the team having to waste that initial 2nd half timeout afterward. Fittingly, it cost us a chance to challenge what appeared to be a legit fumble on the Cards final drive.

4) The Cards were apparently missing two of their top 3 DB's, missing their leading sacker/pass rusher on their team, the star WR they traded for AND a starting OT. They had lost 3 games in a row and looked bad in all of them. And they still came in here and whipped this fucking pussy ass franchise's ass.

5) Another flop of a game by the kicker, blowing a gimmee FG and nearly missing two more PATs. Not sure how they can keep defending this guy now, but clearly he is a crapshoot every time he kicks.

6) I am not going to complain about the 3 or 4 offensive holding penalties we got, they negated some big plays for us but all appeared to be legit calls. But you cant turn around and let the other team get away with the same garbage all game long. Arizona OL got flagged one time for holding when they could have easily called 4 or 5 others, maybe more. On the Cards first TD drive they had a 3rd and 8 from their own 11, BOTH Gregory and Lawrence were blatantly held and the refs ignored it, and Murray completed a ball for 15 or 20 yards and a huge first down. The refs missed two or three false start calls, then they missed an obvious delay of game and incorrectly ruled a player down when it appeared fairly obvious that he fumbled. Had they ruled it a fumble they could have used replay to review it and ensure it was correct, but we had no timeouts and couldn't challenge. It isn't why we lost as we completely shit the bed, but so sick of seeing such inconsistent officiating game after game. Either let guys play or call it close, but DO IT THE SAME FOR BOTH FUCKING SIDES.

7) I swear, McCarthy should chop fucking Moore's head off the next time he calls one of those fucking completely give up waste of fucking time WR screen plays. Even the ones they complete rarely gain any yards, and today the Cards should have had an easy walk in pick 6 on it. Troy correctly noted after the play the Cards completely saw it coming and read it like a book. You could tell they didnt even give a half second of thought about Prescott going anywhere else with the ball too. Good coaching means you scout YOUR OWN tendencies as much as the other team, and we clearly dont.

8) Somebody asked Prescott Wednesday or Thursday I believe, about New Years Eve being on Friday night and was there any concern about players partying too much, and he said no there was none and they were completely focused on winning this game. I'm sorry, but at no time did I see a team that looked like it was ready to play today against an overmatched opponent, and the result was they got embarrassed on national TV.

9) Really feel bad for Michael Gallup, the play didnt appear to be that serious but unfortunately its a torn ACL and he is done. Free agent year for him and he has had two major injuries.

Just an awful failure of an effort today and ironclad proof this team cant be trusted to beat anybody, let alone make a run in the postseason. Right now we'd play AZ again in two weeks and I see no hope we win that game, or advance past another round if we somehow do pull out a miracle.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just an awful failure of an effort today and ironclad proof this team cant be trusted to beat anybody, let alone make a run in the postseason. Right now we'd play AZ again in two weeks and I see no hope we win that game, or advance past another round if we somehow do pull out a miracle.
And next week we have a chance to eliminate Philly from the playoffs (as things stand right now) and I seriously doubt we win that game. Leading to.... You guessed it - hosting Philly in a wildcard game! Gee I wonder how that will turn out.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm so hoping Dr. Jerry is wrong, though I'm sure it's the case...

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
lol, just fast forwarded through the game I recorded.....right on Q with an L when its a competent opponent not being manned by a QB that shouldn't be starting on any roster

One and done, here they come!

One thing that has always bothered me is the hiring of Kellen Moore as OC when even his alma mater who knew him well and loved him was only considering him for an assistant position. IIRC, even they were shocked when he was given the offer as OC and told him he had to take it. (My memory could be way off on this but I distinctly remember reading something that said this but I cant find the article)

Imo, this is yet again the stench that jeri brings to the table by elevating a guy he probably thinks his "genius" has discovered and envisions all the future attta-boys which will come his way when he is proven right. Dak should have been paired with an OC heavily experienced in coaching QBs as well as having years of cutting his teeth in the trenches working as an assistant and under the tutelage of talented and experienced OCs before giving the job of OC themselves. Instead he gets a guy with what, one year of OC experience after being a back-up in the NFL for a few years?

KM may prove to be the boy wonder, genius some believe him to be but I think he's just a guy with some talent the Cowboys hype machine over-rates like it does many of its players. I think he would have been better served by getting many years of training in lower positions before he should have ever been given the job of OC in college much less the pros and even moreso with the Cowboys and their young QB

Not to mention the piles of money that has been devoted to the side of the ball that is already given all the advantages by the leagues rules but what do we see when they have to play a team with a semi-competent QB & a decent defense?

Shitting the bed per usual in a game that really matters

I think it will be a small miracle if they win a single game in the playoffs and I don't believe this team can stand up to teams like the Rams, Packers, Buccaneers, Bills, Titans, Bengals & Chiefs. Hell, I bet they'd lose to the Colts, Patriots, Ravens, Raiders, Arizona AGAIN and possibly even the Chargers. The one playoff game they MIGHT win is if they pair up with the Iggles but I wouldn't favor them over any other opponent listed

Over-hyped and coming up small is what the jeri Jones Cowboys have done for 26 years and counting. Nothing changes this year despite having a shitty NFC East and a last place schedule. Its just an illusion and I expect them to come crashing down to earth next season with a tougher schedule and a salary cap that is eaten up by an overpaid QB (who I love but is taking too much cap for his abilities) & RB which will cost them several players they'd like to keep and could use.

its all hype and whack-a-mole ron'hurrah

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
lol, just fast forwarded through the game I recorded.....right on Q with an L when its a competent opponent not being manned by a QB that shouldn't be starting on any roster

One and done, here they come!

One thing that has always bothered me is the hiring of Kellen Moore as OC when even his alma mater who knew him well and loved him was only considering him for an assistant position. IIRC, even they were shocked when he was given the offer as OC and told him he had to take it. (My memory could be way off on this but I distinctly remember reading something that said this but I cant find the article)

Imo, this is yet again the stench that jeri brings to the table by elevating a guy he probably thinks his "genius" has discovered and envisions all the future attta-boys which will come his way when he is proven right. Dak should have been paired with an OC heavily experienced in coaching QBs as well as having years of cutting his teeth in the trenches working as an assistant and under the tutelage of talented and experienced OCs before giving the job of OC themselves. Instead he gets a guy with what, one year of OC experience after being a back-up in the NFL for a few years?

KM may prove to be the boy wonder, genius some believe him to be but I think he's just a guy with some talent the Cowboys hype machine over-rates like it does many of its players. I think he would have been better served by getting many years of training in lower positions before he should have ever been given the job of OC in college much less the pros and even moreso with the Cowboys and their young QB

Not to mention the piles of money that has been devoted to the side of the ball that is already given all the advantages by the leagues rules but what do we see when they have to play a team with a semi-competent QB & a decent defense?

Shitting the bed per usual in a game that really matters

I think it will be a small miracle if they win a single game in the playoffs and I don't believe this team can stand up to teams like the Rams, Packers, Buccaneers, Bills, Titans, Bengals & Chiefs. Hell, I bet they'd lose to the Colts, Patriots, Ravens, Raiders, Arizona AGAIN and possibly even the Chargers. The one playoff game they MIGHT win is if they pair up with the Iggles but I wouldn't favor them over any other opponent listed

Over-hyped and coming up small is what the jeri Jones Cowboys have done for 26 years and counting. Nothing changes this year despite having a shitty NFC East and a last place schedule. Its just an illusion and I expect them to come crashing down to earth next season with a tougher schedule and a salary cap that is eaten up by an overpaid QB (who I love but is taking too much cap for his abilities) & RB which will cost them several players they'd like to keep and could use.

its all hype and whack-a-mole ron'hurrah
Plus, Troy kept saying tonight that we "couldn't run the ball." EIGHT carries for Zeke is NOT TRYING to run the ball. It's not "can't."

He averaged over 5 yards per carry. Just didn't get any carries. Again we see we simply don't want to run the fucking ball!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Crappy shitty sloppy play on our part and a mindless offensive game plan had nothing to do with the officiating.

Never said it did. But none of those are mutually exclusive. The poor officiating is being overshadowed by the poor showing by the Cowboys. But they did have a couple of 1st downs called back and the refs seemed to ignore some obvious penalties on the Cards. No issue of the refs are going to be ticky tacky. Just call it both ways.

It always seems like a flag comes at the most inopportune time.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
the refs seemed to ignore some obvious penalties on the Cards.
There were a bunch of fouls we did too, the refs missed. Objective eyes. Yes the officiating sucks and always has.

It's what, eight guys watching 22 players on a field of something like 330,000 square feet?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fucking whiners. Crybabies. Making excuses for their feckless play.

Call it what you will. It's obvious and it happens more often than not. After a while, I have no issue with the players calling out the refs.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It always seems like a flag comes at the most inopportune time
Because we're sloppy, lazy, dumb, and DO the fouls at inopportune times. You don't see the better teams have these issues constantly. Jimmy's Cowboys didn't. Belechick's teams don't. Look at the top teams and watch how they play and conduct themselves.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Call it what you will. It's obvious and it happens more often than not. After a while, I have no issue with the players calling out the refs.
Did you see any penalties on us that weren't legit today? I didn't. We're just sloppy and take too many shortcuts. And not intelligent about it.

There's a meme talking about Brady getting away with cussing out an opposing coach. BECAUSE HE IS BRIGHT ENOUGH TO TAKE A LOOK AROUND FIRST. They don't call what they don't see. None were around. He checked first.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All of this while I'm watching a near penalty-free Packers/Vikings game and thinking, two teams better than us.

Top Bottom