dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What a mess. One probably broken finger on the throwing hand of the opponent's would-be QB, and we likely lose. We are far from a SB contender. We're gonna wind up finishing 2nd in the division.

Agree except for the last part. Its definitely a toss up at this point but the other 3 teams are really bad and 4 of our 5 games are against them.

Two wins almost assuredly wins the division for us. I think we'll get 2 or 3 and do that, then get run out of the postseason in game one at home.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Anthony Brown had 9 solo tackles and Kearse had 8. In a game where the opposing qb played as piss poor through the air has Hill did I find that stat more than a little problematic.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Agree except for the last part. Its definitely a toss up at this point but the other 3 teams are really bad and 4 of our 5 games are against them.

Two wins almost assuredly wins the division for us. I think we'll get 2 or 3 and do that, then get run out of the postseason in game one at home.
Warshton has found a formula and has won three straight. I expect us to split with them at best. Either way, we definitely lose in the first round of any playoff game we find ourselves in. This shit club is going nowhere.

Massive underachievement "team" we have here.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Anthony Brown had 9 solo tackles and Kearse had 8. In a game where the opposing qb played as piss poor through the air has Hill did I find that stat more than a little problematic.
Dude had no experience, and then got himself a broken finger on his throwing hand. And they still almost won.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Get eaten alive by QB dive and QB scramble plays.
QB draw plays all the way. It wasn't scrambles, they were planned runs. It's what you do when your running "QB" has a broken finger on his throwing hand.

He WAS managing it ok, until they worked on it during halftime. They fucked it up beyond usefulness.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
QB draw plays all the way. It wasn't scrambles, they were planned runs. It's what you do when your running "QB" has a broken finger on his throwing hand.

He WAS managing it ok, until they worked on it during halftime. They fucked it up beyond usefulness.

Some of them were scrambles Dooms.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mainly because we're not serious about really running the ball. We keep calling more finesse-type runs, instead of loading up jumbo and double-teaming the interior DLs, and running that mother fucker up the seam.

As I have said before, Helen Keller Moore does not want to run the ball. He only pays lip service to it, calling run plays that aren't optimal, so he can later say "the run wasn't working."

Running the fucking ball is a mindset, it's about imposing will on the opponent - the exact opposite of our "take what they give us" philosophy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

We rank 10th in the league in rushing attempts. We rank 3rd in the league after last night in pass attempts, but many of the teams around us in that ranking have played one less game so that rank will probably drop after Sunday and Monday.

Rushing attempts have gone down since the bye week, but the NYG game is also the last time that we had any REAL success running the ball. In all the games since, we've either had very limited success (or none at all) or been behind a lot.

Tyron Smith missing 3 or 4 games definitely hurt us, but even since his return the running game has been bad. McGovern doesn't have the penalty problem Williams had, but he also appears to be nowhere near as good in the run or pass game as a blocker. Biadasz has struggled and Lael Collins has been horrible. Martin and Smith both rank high at their positions in terms of grade, but I'm not sure either is quite as good as they were previously, or even as good as they were earlier in THIS season.

I also don't think the lack of success rushing is solely because of how teams are playing us. I know teams loaded the box on some plays, but I didn't see a ton of 8 and 9 man fronts these past few weeks and we still couldnt get any push or open any creases. Maybe Denver did a little more but Atlanta, KC, Oakland and then New Orleans last night seemed to be stuffing us with just 6 or 7 guys up front.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Indeed, was an awful call.

That said, calling it the worst call "ever" is out there. The Saints also got away when an obvious shot to Prescott's helmet on his interception and that's almost always an automatic call for any other QB

Top Bottom