LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I still think it had more to do with Martin being out entirely, and the rest of the starting OL not playing much either during preseason. Remember Collins also missed some time again and was just back at this week. Then you factor in how good the Bucs front 7 is vs the run, and I think they made the smart decision to play to our strength vs their obvious weakness. We could have run the ball 40 times last night and probably still not have broke 100 yds. A lot of those passes were quick/short (sand safe) routes they used like running plays.
Moore called a decent game. Getting Martin back will be huge. I'm waiting for Dak to get a little more confidence in his running. You can see that he was a bit gun shy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think he will be doing that. The Buc's defense is the best against the run. That's their strength. I do not expect the Cowboys will encounter as stout a defense, particularly against the run.

Not sure its been mentioned, but the Bucs were also #1 in 2019 vs the run.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think he will be doing that. The Buc's defense is the best against the run. That's their strength. I do not expect the Cowboys will encounter as stout a defense, particularly against the run.

The Bucs defense only allowed 3 RB’s to rush for over 40 yards all last season. They held Zeke to 33 last night.

Like you said, I doubt Zeke will come up against a better run defense all season.

I suspect they will be better balanced with the play calling when we play other teams that aren’t #1 vs the run.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Didn't Nashon Wright outplay him during training camp?

I guess its debatable. I didn't see anything from training camp every day obviously but did see the preseason games, they both look like typical rookies to me but I don't think one stood out way more than the other in any of the game action I saw. They both did a few good things and some bad, which is to be expected.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
does Zeke rush for over or under 50 yards tonight?

I’m guessing it’s under. He should have more than 50 all purpose yards. But as for straight rushing yards I bet the Bucks hold him below 50.

The Bucs only allowed 3 RB’s to rush for over 40 yards all last season.

Zeke ended up with 33 yards on the game

kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Fellow Fans,

The Cowboys looked good for the first time in over a year. Overall, the Offense looked good and the Defense played with effort. It was a good game even though we lost.

Dodger 12 posted deficiencies that keep repeating themselves. Without repeating his list, I have a few I like to add:
Kelvin Moore's red zone offense. To me, it's just not Championship Winning. The elite and very good teams score Touchdowns more often than settling for Field Goals in the Red Zone. Moore constantly leaves points on the table--been happening for the past couple of seasons. How does he expect to win a Super Bowl? Did anyone notice that statistic about red zone trips for Tampa? 4 RZ trips 4 TDs, or did I read it incorrectly?

Dak throwing 50+ passes and being made into a pocket passer. I apologize for being an Eeyore but this is not a recipe for success. I understand Tampa Bay defense is strong against the run and Big Mike and Moore did not want to run. But someone in this organization needs to address the running game issue going forward in order to be successful. I don't agree with RGIII's view that Zeke is trade bait and should be traded to the Ravens. But something has to change.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Kelvin Moore's red zone offense. To me, it's just not Championship Winning. The elite and very good teams score Touchdowns more often than settling for Field Goals in the Red Zone. Moore constantly leaves points on the table--been happening for the past couple of seasons.
You GOTTA get the six especially when your presence in the red zone is after a turnover. You GOT TO GET that TD after a takeaway! Period.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Fellow Fans,

The Cowboys looked good for the first time in over a year. Overall, the Offense looked good and the Defense played with effort. It was a good game even though we lost.

Dodger 12 posted deficiencies that keep repeating themselves. Without repeating his list, I have a few I like to add:
Kelvin Moore's red zone offense. To me, it's just not Championship Winning. The elite and very good teams score Touchdowns more often than settling for Field Goals in the Red Zone. Moore constantly leaves points on the table--been happening for the past couple of seasons. How does he expect to win a Super Bowl? Did anyone notice that statistic about red zone trips for Tampa? 4 RZ trips 4 TDs, or did I read it incorrectly?

Dak throwing 50+ passes and being made into a pocket passer. I apologize for being an Eeyore but this is not a recipe for success. I understand Tampa Bay defense is strong against the run and Big Mike and Moore did not want to run. But someone in this organization needs to address the running game issue going forward in order to be successful. I don't agree with RGIII's view that Zeke is trade bait and should be traded to the Ravens. But something has to change.
You go against the #1 run defense, you have to adjust. That's something that Garrett couldn't and wouldn't do. I don't think from here on out, you will see Dak throwing 40 to 50 times. The offense will be more balanced. Don't anticipate the Cowboys will face as many stout defenses against the run like the Bucs.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You go against the #1 run defense, you have to adjust. That's something that Garrett couldn't and wouldn't do. I don't think from here on out, you will see Dak throwing 40 to 50 times. The offense will be more balanced. Don't anticipate the Cowboys will face as many stout defenses against the run like the Bucs.
The philosophy is to run the ball early, on 1st and ten when the box is loaded, then midway through the second quarter forget about it, saying later that "we tried to run but it wasn't working, we had to adjust." The truth is, they simply do not want to run the ball. It ain't sexy. It's not entertaining. They don't want to and they will not, play smash mouth football. If that is what is needed to win they STILL won't do it.

Look at the better teams - they NEVER abandon the running game like we do. Not even high-flying KC. And they pick better times to run the fucking ball. Hardly ever on first and ten. And they run traps and draws, counters and sweeps, and do both man-blocking and zone plays. They probe, and they keep probing and they come back to plays that worked.

We don't do any of the above and haven't in years.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Le’el Collins was just suspended for 5 weeks for violating the substance abuse policy

This is my issue with these idiots. You can't trust them (and that includes Gregory). And the organizational atmosphere at Valley Ranch makes this type of conduct acceptable. No one fears repercussions.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Did you guys hear the Go Cowboys Go chants near the end of the game coming from the stadium in the Bucs first home game after winning the Super Bowl on the day they raised their championship Banner.

That was fucking brilliant!

That has really got to suck to hear the opposing teams chants in your own fucking stadium. Especially when you are the reigning SB Champs

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Steelers and Bills defenses are in midseason form. Neither team can get anything going so far.

Top Bottom