LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

And what about taking one's helmet off and slamming it on the field? Isn't that a 15 yard penalty? And those two bullshit holding calls near the end...? They allowed that all game, especially from the Buc's Oline.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And what about taking one's helmet off and slamming it on the field? Isn't that a 15 yard penalty? And those two bullshit holding calls near the end...? They allowed that all game, especially from the Buc's Oline.

Yeah I thought it was an automatic penalty for taking a helmet off, but apparently not if said team is playing the Cowboys.

Someone mentioned they ignored a Brady intentional grounding the play before the OPI non call, will have to go back and see that.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah that was a tough loss, I like Wilson (and Noah Brown too, who was inactive) but neither of them are close to Gallup. Not having him for the stretch run of the game was bad luck for sure.
Good sign that he walked himself off though.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Consider. This same Bucs' defense demolished Mahomes and the #1 offense in the biggest game. The Cowboys hung 29 points on them.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Time for you to leave the football discussion to the adults then

0b36c058e9edb6e90d6b8be135109ba0.jpg

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
nah, Brady would have just scored a TD at the end instead of settling for a field goal

Yep. The bottom line is that the Cowboys were just beat by a better team and the GOAT would have scored a TD to win the game.

But we're also ailed by the same deficiencies that just keep repeating themselves:

-Connor Williams has gotten better but he just can't handle the road graders at DT.
-We had some dumb penalties on offense that put us in a hole.
-Special teams was questionable and Lamb should not have made a fair catch inside the 5 yard line.
-Jourdan Lewis running the fucking fumble out of the end zone was absolutely stupid. Just stupid. I mean cut worthy stupid.
-Poor DL play. We had no push up the middle all night and our DL were just stuffed at the line. You just can't expect to beat Brady or any other great QB if you can't get some pressure.

I also don't give a shit about Zeke. That lazy slob took 5 years to get in shape and we don't need to be in 3rd and 8 situations because the guy has no wiggle left. And I saw some plays on offense that I really liked and Dak executed well and made some clutch throws. Lamb dropped two huge passes, one that led to the INT.

All in all, we really didn't expect to win. But we had a shot and the same flaws we've seen every year reared their ugly heads once again. But the Jones boys won last night. We were relevant to the end. Dak threw 100 times and justified their investment. Mission accomplished.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Jabril Cox is going to get on the field and play a lot before the year is done. I really think he was the steal of the draft and one of our best draft picks. It's also good to see LVE and the Gimp minimized on this D. Yes, we lost, but at least we didn't have to see some stupid shit from the Gimp last night and scratch our heads wondering what the fuck he was doing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Gonna be growing pains with him but the guy is right, Joseph is the eventual starter there once he gets healthy.

Kid does have talent.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jones and Spawn answer to this? More bargain basement shopping at K Mart for defensive help.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
As well as Dak played, we are not going to win many games if he's throwing the ball 50+ times a game. I know this is the way the NFL seems to be heading, but I just don't think it's a recipe for success for us. It didn't work with Romo, and I don't believe it will work with Dak. We need a more balanced offense, but I won't be holding my breath with MM and KM running things.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They have Lawrence and literally nothing else up front. Maybe Gallimore makes a little difference whenever he can come back healthy, but there is just a big bunch of nothing from those other guys.
Might as well go with the rookies at CB over Brown, they couldn't do any worse. Or go with Canady.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
As well as Dak played, we are not going to win many games if he's throwing the ball 50+ times a game. I know this is the way the NFL seems to be heading, but I just don't think it's a recipe for success for us. It didn't work with Romo, and I don't believe it will work with Dak. We need a more balanced offense, but I won't be holding my breath with MM and KM running things.

I still think it had more to do with Martin being out entirely, and the rest of the starting OL not playing much either during preseason. Remember Collins also missed some time again and was just back at this week. Then you factor in how good the Bucs front 7 is vs the run, and I think they made the smart decision to play to our strength vs their obvious weakness. We could have run the ball 40 times last night and probably still not have broke 100 yds. A lot of those passes were quick/short (sand safe) routes they used like running plays.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think he will be doing that. The Buc's defense is the best against the run. That's their strength. I do not expect the Cowboys will encounter as stout a defense, particularly against the run.

Top Bottom