Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why not? He's in over his head. After all this time he's still not prepared for his job. Offensive coordinator on a NFL team is not a developmental position. But Jerry sees the next boy wonder, so we're stuck with him unless/until he either ends up the head coach and blunders around Garrett style for way too many years, or he gets an offer he can't say no to. Cowboys fans don't have that kind of time on our hands, if it gets him gone good riddance.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why not? He's in over his head. After all this time he's still not prepared for his job. Offensive coordinator on a NFL team is not a developmental position. But Jerry sees the next boy wonder, so we're stuck with him unless/until he either ends up the head coach and blunders around Garrett style for way too many years, or he gets an offer he can't say no to. Cowboys fans don't have that kind of time on our hands, if it gets him gone good riddance.

ESPN has Moore’s Cowboy offense as ranked #1 overall in 2019

And he was ranked #1 this season until Dak went down.

That doesn’t sound like he’s in over his head or not prepared for the job to me. His offense is still ranked middle of the pack for the remainder of 2020 after having started 4 different QB’s including one no name 7th round pick and having to play the last 11 games without his starter. Not to mention the turnstile situation on the O-Line he’s had to deal with.

Plus both the Eagles and Boise State had interest in him as HC. Not too shabby for someone who doesn’t know what he’s doing and is supposedly in over his head.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score

That doesn’t sound like he’s in over his head or not prepared for the job to me. His offense is still ranked middle of the pack for the remainder of 2020 after having started 4 different QB’s including one no name 7th round pick and having to play the last 11 games without his starter. Not to mention the turnstile situation on the O-Line he’s had to deal with.

Plus both the Eagles and Boise State had interest in him as HC. Not too shabby for someone who doesn’t know what he’s doing and is supposedly in over his head.
Those rankings reflect on players more than they do coaches. They're just numbers, they have nothing to do with playcalling, having the right personnel in the right situations, or other such coaching essentials that are less indicative of offensive rankings and more so, in say, win/loss records for example.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Yeah read that will still finished ranked 12th overall for the season despite all the injuries and O line shuffling

He's young and growing and I think he has that youth mentality as far as his offense is concerned ala McVay and Shanahan (I'm not saying he's them obviously...not yet anyway lol)

I think a lot of us worry that this is Garrett 2.0 and that this is being fed by Jerry's ego to be right not get it right...he so desperately wants to shed the Jimmy Johnson legacy that got him those 3 SBs and prove that he can do it his way (and Switzer don't count)

For our sake I truly hope that if Moore does end up being the HC he has tremendous success

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

This is a big WTF dude.

I'm pretty sure there's a fucking avalanche of coordinators that would be "over their head" when you start a different OL combo almost every week, your starting all pro C retires before the season, your all pro LT hardly plays during the season, your all pro RG misses 1/3 of the season, your near probowl caliber RT never plays a down, you start 4 different QB's and oh, you also lose your starting TE for the season in week one.

I am not claiming Moore is great or anything, but JFC dude. His offense looked damn good till Red Headed Goober began meddling in it after 3 or 4 games in 2019. And even then they put up some monster numbers for the season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Those rankings reflect on players more than they do coaches. They're just numbers, they have nothing to do with playcalling, having the right personnel in the right situations, or other such coaching essentials that are less indicative of offensive rankings and more so, in say, win/loss records for example.

Glad you post here dude, but you should give up on this lame argument.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Moore is interviewing for the Philly HC position today

Hopefully he comes back with all the dirt on what is really going on in Philly right now.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here we are on Championship Sunday and anybody remember when you used to feel like the Cowboys has a legit shot to go to the SB? Yeah me neither. Even the fucking Jets and Raiders have advanced to the championship game since we last did. Two fucking laughingstock organizations. You would think we would get there by accident. One piece of shit has held my fandom hostage for about a third of my life. Getting to be too much.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Here we are on Championship Sunday and anybody remember when you used to feel like the Cowboys has a legit shot to go to the SB? Yeah me neither.
It hasn't been often, but the teams we had in 2007, 2009, 2014 and 2016 were really good.

Lousy coaching stopped those teams from advancing further, but the talent level was there.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jason Witten to sign a one day contract with the Cowboys and retire a Cowboy
“A coach once told me, ‘The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example,'” Witten said. “As I hang it up, I walk away knowing that for 17 seasons I gave it my absolute all. I am proud of my accomplishments as a football player on the field and the example I tried to set off of it. Football is a great game that has taught me many valuable lessons, and I look forward to passing on that knowledge to the next generation.” -- Jason Witten

Top Bottom